MediaCoder is a free universal batch media transcoder. It nicely integrates most popular audio and video codecs also tools into an all-in-one solution. With a flexible and extendable architecture, new codecs and tools are added in constantly as well as supports for new devices.
MediaCoder intends to be the swiss army knife for media transcoding in all time and at this moment. It already has millions of users from 170+ countries all over the planet. MediaCoder is a front-end/GUI for a collection of audio/video command line utilities and dynamic libraries. Including audio, video codecs and multiplexers.
MediaCoder maintains a unified parameter tree whose leaves (parameter values) can be altered through the application GUI, a web-based tree view, user interfaces for specific devices (e.g. PSP, iPhone) and conforming HTTP requests. It maps the parameter tree into command line options or calling parameters for various codecs and tools.
MediaCoder pipes the decoder’s output into the encoder’s input, rather than using temporary files. This allows it to convert large amounts of data without using excessive disk space. Some of the included utilities are also patched to add extra interfaces.
MediaCoder has a built-in media streaming server which can be used to stream out audio and video files through HTTP protocol. It is able to apply on-the-fly transcoding for both audio and video streaming with some of its supported audio and video codecs.
MediaCoder Features In Brief:
- Converting between most popular audio and video formats
- H.264/H.265 GPU accelerated encoding (QuickSync, NVENC, CUDA)
- Ripping BD/DVD/VCD/CD and capturing from video cameras
- Enhancing audio and video contents by various filters
- An extremely rich set of transcoding parameters for adjusting and tuning
- Multi-threaded design and parallel filtering unleashing multi-core power
- Segmental Video Encoding technology for improved parallelization
- Improving compression / reducing size for audio and video files
- Converting media content for playback on multimedia devices
- Converting media content for online publication or broadcasting
- Unifying and normalizing media standard and storage format
- Extracting audio track from video files and discs
- Dumping and encoding from network stream or capture device
- Fixing corrupted or partial downloaded video files
- Lossy Audio Compression Formats. MP3, Vorbis, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, Opus, AC-3, MPEG Audio, MusePack, Speex, AMR, Windows Media Audio, ADPCM, mp3PRO
- Lossless Audio Compression Formats. FLAC, WavPack, Monkey’s Audio, OptimFrog, ALAC, TTA, PCM
- Video Compression Formats. H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8/VP9, MPEG 1/2/4, Flash Video, XviD, DivX, Theora, Dirac, H.263, RealVideo, Windows Media Video, Huffyuv, MJPEG
- Container Formats. MP4, WebM, F4V, FLV, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, ASF, MTS/M2TS/AVCHD, Quicktime/MOV, PMP, RealMedia, OGM
- Storage Media and Streaming (Input). Bluray, DVD, VCD, SVCD, CD, CUESheet, HTTP, FTP, RTSP, UDP
- Fixed VP8/VP9 encoding
- Added hint option on Container tab
- Minor bugfix
- Built with Visual Studio 2019
- x264 r2969
- x265 3.0+44
- FFmpeg 4.1.3
Homepage – http://www.mediacoderhq.com
Size: 78.5 MB