Farstone VirtualDrive 9 emulates your computer’s CD/DVD-ROM drive, which enables you to run CD and DVD programs directly from your hard drive without the use of the physical CD/DVD-ROM drive or the actual disc.
Farstone VirtualDrive can copy an entire CD/DVD into a single, compressed disk-image file that resides on your hard drive. The software contains a driver that fools Windows into treating the disk-image file as if it were a physical CD/DVD running in a physical CD/DVD drive.
VirtualDrive lets you create up to 23 virtual CD/DVD-ROM drives and an unlimited number of CD/DVDs. Since you have 23 CD/DVD-ROM drives on your computer instead of just one, you can run more than one CD/DVD-ROM simultaneously.
So, after you have installed VirtualDrive, all you have to do is insert the CD/DVD-ROM disc that you want to copy into your CD/DVD-ROM drive and click ‘Build’ on the VirtualDrive interface. In minutes, the virtual image of the CD/DVD-ROM, called a ‘VCD’, will appear. To run it, just insert it into one of your virtual drives.
Farstone VirtualDrive CD/DVD Emulator Features and Benefits:
- No CD/DVD or CD/DVD drive needed to run your programs: Create up to 23 virtual CD/DVD-ROM drives and an unlimited amount of CD/DVDs.
- Compatible with more games than any other software: Supports the largest number of games on the market today including copy-protected titles.
- Live Update: Includes a Live Update subscription feature that ensures it will stay compatible with all of the newest and most popular game releases. All you have to do is click the button and your software will be updated automatically.
- You can run more than one CD/DVD-ROM at the same time: Multiple CD/DVD-ROM applications may be run simultaneously. No need to exchange discs!
- Faster than using a physical CD/DVD-ROM drive: CDs are played at disk drive speed (equivalent to a 200x CD-ROM) and FarStone’s RapidCache advanced caching technology reduces access time by 75%.
- Ideal for laptops: Improves battery performance because there is no power drain from the CD drive being in use. No need to carry your CDs and DVDs with you because they are already stored on your hard drive. If your laptop has a multi-bay option, you can remove your CD drive and replace it with an extra battery or diskette drive.
- Works with multiple burners and disc types: Works with most CD/DVD types: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+RW and DVD+R. It can also be used with different types of CD/DVD burners such as CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM in IDE, SCSI, USB and IEEE1394.
- Multiple burning modes: ‘Fast-Erase’ and ‘Full-Erase’ options for CD-Rs and DVD-Rs as well as support for multi-session burning and continuation burning.
- MP3 Audio compression: Choose your favorite CD tracks, create top quality CDs (ripping at 95% compression rate) and listen directly from your hard drive.
What’s New in Farstone VirtualDrive CD/DVD Emulator 9.0:
- New! “Virtual Hard Drive” feature that lets you use your system’s RAM to emulate a hard drive and run your programs up to 340 times faster!
- New! Ability to share Virtual CDs (VCDs) over the Internet!
- New! Compatible with hundreds more games including those protected by SecuROM 5!
- New! Create “cabinets” to organize your favorite VCD files!
Homepage – http://www.farstone.com
Size: 21.2 MB