InfraRecorder is a free CD/DVD high quality burning software for Microsoft Windows. It offers a wide range of powerful features, an easy to use modern customizable Windows Explorer like interface, integrates with explorer and adds new shell context menu options.
InfraRecorder uses different poject view layouts for different type of projects to make the users work easier. Features a separate express application designed to guide the user to the most essential tools as quick and easy as possible.
InfraRecorder has fully translatable interfaces for the main application, express application and the shell extension. Simply drag and drop files from the explorer view of the program and Windows Explorer to the project view. Record saved projects and disc images, open and edit saved projects.
InfraRecorder is highly customizable. It can display in a submenu and with or without menu icons. The shell extension can be registered with any file extension that the user wants.
- Create custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images.
- Supports recording to dual-layer DVDs.
- Blank (erase) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE).
- Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from being added to the disc).
- Scan the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collect information about their capabilities.
- Create disc copies, on the fly and using a temporary disc image.
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions to them.
- Display disc information
- Save audio and data tracks to files (.wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp3 and .iso).
Changes in InfraRecorder 0.53.0.0:
- Fixed write speed detection issue.
- Fixed bug where maximum write speed would be used instead of the selected one when burning DVDs.
- Fixed bug in creation of UDF and ISO9660 file systems containing many files and folders.
- Relaxed ISO9660 duplicate file naming algorithm.
- Added support for non-standard character sets in ISO9660 file systems.
- Various minor GUI changes.
- The space meter will now automatically adjust if a blank DVD is inserted.
Homepage – http://infrarecorder.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 3.96 MB
Note: The InfraRecorder installation package does not include the plug-in needed to encode MP3-files due to patent license restrictions. This does not affect all countries. Click here to download the MP3 plug-in separately.