Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.81 (2016-02-17):
- NEW: added support for iTunes-specific ID3v2 grouping tag field GRP1 as GROUPING.
- NEW: added support for reading ID3v2.2 iTunes tag fields for classical music MOVEMENT, MOVEMENTTOTAL, MOVEMENTNAME.
- NEW: added support for press and hold gesture on cover art window to trigger context menu on touch devices.
- NEW: added portable installation mode that stores settings in application directory and doesn’t write information to the registry.
- NEW: installer now asks for UAC admin elevation in case if its run from a non-admin user account.
- NEW: improved installer UI for high-resolution screens with high DPI settings (DPI awareness).
- NEW: added version information to installer.
- NEW: added size estimation to uninstaller.
- NEW: added placeholders to access file path of current active playlist, i.e., %_playlist_filename%, %_playlist_filename_ext% and %_playlist_folderpath%.
- CHG: updated installer icons and graphics.
- CHG: changed installer and application to guess user language instead of asking user.
- FIX: automatic playlist creation used previous values after tag save.
- FIX: regression where URL ID3v2 fields (WWW*) were accidentally written as multi-value fields (since v2.80a).
- FIX: value overflow when calculating bitrate for large VBR MP3 files which resulted in negative bitrates.
- FIX: renaming files via direct-editing in file list in %_filepath% column automatically removed trailing blanks.
- FIX: improved ID3v2 specification compliance by adding terminating 0x00 for text strings.
- FIX: randomizing a filtered file list by clicking on first column header resulted in resetting of list contents.
- FIX: missing breadcrumb links in help topic for “Configuration > Tags > Mapping” and missing link from “Configuration > Tags”
- FIX: converter ‘Tag – Filename’ treated paths that were built from field values containing slash characters as relative.
- LNG: added Corsican installer language and updated Czech and Turkish language files.
Homepage – http://mp3tag.de
Size: 3.12 MB