Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.83 (2016-06-23):
- NEW: added MP4 column to tag-field mappings overview table in documentation.
- NEW: added Discogs Release ID tag source to directly search by Discogs Release ID.
- NEW: added support for ISRC field in cue sheets.
- NEW: added option to restrict action-based cover export to certain cover type.
- NEW: added support for stripping Nero-style chapter information from MP4 files via context-menu in the file list.
- NEW: added support for detecting Nero-style MP4 tags and reporting via %_tag% if present.
- CHG: removed Amazon tag sources after Amazon.com invalidated Mp3tag’s web services account.
- CHG: Discogs tag source name is now correctly capitalized.
- CHG: main performer from cue sheet is now mapped to ALBUMARTIST (instead of ALBUM ARTIST).
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Polish and Turkish language files.
- LNG: added Indonesian language file.
- FIX: special characters in main performer from cue sheet were not correctly converted when writing.
- FIX: cue sheets that started with a different track number than 1 were not read.
- FIX: checkboxes at dialog for cover export were not labeled correctly (since 2.82b).
- FIX: tags saved to wrong file when auto-save was enabled and column-click in file list changed the file order.
- FIX: Discogs Web Source had problems with certain artists which resulted in obsolete comma after artist name.
- FIX: sort arrow was incorrectly shown for next column after adding or removing a column left from the sort column.
- FIX: added detection of non-iTunes custom tags which are now kept unmodified during rewrites.
- FIX: encoding of cover art for Opus did not always include Base64 padding (which was problematic for some players).
- FIX: runtime error at Export if loop limit exceeded actual export result set size.
- FIX: possible index overflow at $substr() scripting function.
Homepage – http://mp3tag.de
Size: 3.13 MB