Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.85 (2017-10-25):
- NEW: added support for Matroska MKA/MKV files for Explorer context menu shell extension.
- NEW: added support for Matroska MKA/MKV files.
- NEW: extended list of default genres by ID3v1 genres 148 to 191.
- CHG: updated internally used libraries.
- CHG: querying via Discogs Release ID now also works in [r1234567] format (as available on the Discogs website).
- LNG: updated Hungarian and Swedish language files.
- FIX: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) was prevented from shutting down without user interaction in some cases.
- FIX: Tag Panel column width was calculated wrong if Tag Panel was docked horizontally (since 2.84d).
- FIX: deleting a file with subsongs did not remove the other subsongs of that file from the file list.
- FIX: removing MP4 chapters from a filtered file list left orphan subsongs of those files when disabling the filter.
- FIX: moving subsongs from a filtered file list left orphan subsongs of those files when disabling the filter.
- FIX: moving files from a filtered file list did not update file list correctly (since 2.84).
- FIX: importing format descriptions to MEDIATYPE field via Discogs tag source did not work.
- FIX: GDI resource leak when populating the list of user-defined tools.
- FIX: relative paths from playlists were not canonicalized and sometimes unnecessarily exceeded the 260 character path limit.
- FIX: runtime error when using Mp3tag on computers with older CPUs (e.g, Pentium III, Athlon XP, …) (since 2.84b).
- FIX: contents of BPM fields for MP4 were not read in some cases.
Homepage – https://mp3tag.de
Size: 3.41 MB