Helium is a music manager that can rip, tag, play, browse, search, rename, burn and synchronize your music with a portable player. You can take control of your music collection.
Stop spending time looking for files on your computer or hunting through CDs, vinyl records and tapes – instead, simply enjoy and explore your music!
Helium Music Manager can replace your ripper, player, tag editor and other audio related software.
Helium Music Manager is a music tagger, renamer, cataloguer, browser, playlist manager and report creator. It can catalogue, edit and play the most common music formats (MP3, Ogg, WMA, M4A, FLAC, APE and MPC) as well as standard Audio CDs.
Use the new built in Music Information Browser to navigate through your music collection in an intuitive manner by means of a Web style user interface.
Helium makes it easy to find your favorite music by searching for criteria such as Artist, Title, Genre, Rating etc. Avoid manual typing by downloading artist and title information from various sources on the Internet (CDDB, Amazon.com, AllMusic, Discogs to mention a few). Helium supports downloading of album pictures, artist pictures, track information, artist relations, biographies, discographies and lyrics.
- Supports your iPod or Zen. Synchronize and play music from your iPod, Creative Zen, mobile phone or other portable device. Helium Music Manager supports a wide variety of players.
- Explore your music your way. Browse and play your music depending on the situation. Be the DJ – take your entire collection on your laptop to your friends party. Impress your family – bring Helium Music Manager to your Full-HD television and redefine music entertainment!
- Download covers for your albums. Easily find your albums by browsing their album art. Helium Music Manager has built-in facilities to quickly find and download album art.
Helium Music Manager Features:
- Import. Supports mp3, mp4, flac, ogg, wma and more as well as audio CDs, vinyl and tapes.
For user with large collections we offer support for Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL for improved performance.
- Tag. Add or correct missing or incorrect meta-data using the many tools available for tagging your files. Remove, switch, add or copy tag contents between files and fields using batch operations.
- Manage. Download album pictures, analyze quality and repair broken mp3 files.
Automatically rename files and create custom folder structures, convert files to different formats.
- Explore. Many different ways of browsing your music. Album and artist pictures as well as detailed listings. Easily filter your content, search for your favourites and create playlists.
- Play. Play music, scrobble to Last.fm, stream through Shoutcast. Show your friends what you are playing on Windows Live Messenger. Display visual effects and enjoy automatic playback with built-in features.
- On-the-go. Synchronize to your iPod, Creative Zen or other portable music device, cell phone or netbook. Burn Audio or Data CDs, export playlists and create reports for printing.
- Possibility to open Playlists in new windows which floats on top of the application. Opened Playlists will remain visible during view changes and allows drag and drop from other views to queue up tracks as well as drag and drop between playlists.
- Reorganized main and context menus for a more optimized workflow. Menus are now much more logical in their order and what names that are being used on menu items.
- Active track view (available from the visualizations menu), a new “fullscreen” view that shows rotating (optional) album and artist art with controllable speed plus lyrics for the track currently playing
- Changed MariaDB/MySql database providers for better performance and stability.
- Multiple improvements to the CD Ripper.
- The Biography tab for the playing track contains artist and album image, linked artist information and editing shortcuts.
- Rewritten Helium Remote and Streamer apps with multiple improvements.
- Big improvements to the Optimize library feature:
- Possibility to select which database optimization steps to be performed. This can greatly speed up the optimization on large databases, if you only wish to run certain optimizations.
- A new optimization step that will remove all unused artists in the database. Unused artists can be left in the database either if they have previously been in the database but has been removed, or if an incorrectly names artist have been renamed (the old incorrectly named artist may still be there in that case). Some of these problems have only arised for users who have used Helium for a long period of time, through many different releases.
- For long-time users of Helium, running a full library optimization can now greatly improve the stability and speed of the program since unused data can be removed while the actual database files are also optimized for best performance.
Changes in Helium Music Manager 14.9:
- Support for month/day in year fields in the Tag editor
- Support for month/day in year fields in download plug-ins
- Support for month/day in year fields in scripting
- Mood quick tagging – manage “working moods” and quickly set one or more moods for the playing tracks.
- Updated database drivers for MySql/SQLite
- Improved mapping for AAC tag fields for compatibility
- Sorting fields available in download plug-ins
- Possibility to select to use the native system file dialogs
- Various bugfixes
Changes in Helium Music Manager 14.8:
- Support for month/day in year fields.
- BPM fields supports decimals by default, both for tags and in the database.
- The CD Ripper now downloads release and track information again.
Since freedb discontinued their service earlier this year we have been working on getting a good replacement in place.
- Support for long-paths which will allow you to have filenames longer than 260 characters. Please note that this feature needs to be activated in Windows 10.
- Switch custom fields using templates in the Tag editor.
- Play, enqueue next and enqueue last available from Music Explorer context menus
- It is now possible to delete pictures in AIFF files with the tag editors.
- Possibility to extract featured artist in the Tag editor.
- Possibility to auto calculate BPM in the Advanced Tag Editor.
- Support for playing files from Windows Explorer when Helium is running.
- Space will toggle play/pause in the main window (when no other control is focused).
- Various improvements to filtering in the track lists.
- Improvements to multiple CD handling when adding albums with multiple CDs to the library.
- Play queue will be auto-populated when auto enqueue is activated.
- Formatting is kept when downloading lyrics.
- When a template is edited in the Advanced Tag Editor, data is not cleared.
- Improved tag reading compatibility.
- Updated SQLite database drivers
- Support for multi-column sorting in track lists, including a visual indicator. Hold down shift when clicking an extra column to sort on to activate multi-sorting.
- Corrected writing of FLAC files containing seektables when removing attached pictures.
- Disk-space warning now shows up as a Do-not-show-again dialog.
- Migrate from Helium 13 message does not show up unless Helium 13 actually exists on the machine.
- Drag and drop folders to Add to files window now works again
- Navigate back from artist details to artists works properly
- Enqueue and play shortcut works properly in track lists
- Tagging form Entire library properly refreshes the tracklist afterwards
- Issues with pasting formatted text into Lyrics and Biography controls.
- Incorrect adjustment of track list in My computer view
- Better ID3 v2.2 compatibility
- Other minor fixes fonud via application exception logs.
- MusicBrainz data is used in the CD-Ripper.
- Type-to-find implemented in Select columns dialogs, allowing quicker locating of specific columns/fields.
- The years view displays both release years and recording years.
- Improvements to image cache handling which will boost startup time.
- More editable fields in the Tag editors right-panel, copyright and custom fields.
- Possibility to not save ID3v1 tags when tagging files.
- Multiple improvements to Database optimization.
- Updated database drivers (SQLite and MySQL)
- Improved reading compatibility for AAC and WavPack files.
- Improvements to ID3v2 reading compatibility.
- Type-to-find implemented in Music Explorer tree
Changes in Helium Music Manager 14.6:
- Quick access to several tools when hovering albums, artists and labels. Additional icons will be shown when hovering allowing you to change picture, edit tag/information, download pictures and add items to the play queue.
- Possibility to always open album folder when updating album pictures instead of the album pictures folder.
- Plugin support for rating and popularity fields.
- Improved type-to-find support for album view, especially in the split-view mode.
- Updated database drivers.
- Bug corrections and more improvements to Optimize database.
- Statistics fixes for albums.
Changes in Helium Music Manager 14.5 Update:
- FileSize and Songlength available as Tag to filename fields
- The ID3v2 tag setting “Save album artist with full external compatibility” will now only affect formats using ID3v2
- Possibility to add single tracks in the Splitter tool
- Playing position shown in splitters wave form
- Custom 9 content field in Tag editors displays and stores proper content
- Bug fixing for multiple artists in combination with Apply functions in the Tag editor
- Improvements to Open Database dialog for SQL Server. It’s easier to connect to an existing database as you are now able to list the available databases on the selected server.
- Improvements to Optimize database feature. Optimizing your database helps to fix many known problems from old versions of Helium. If you have been using Helium for a long time this feature is recommended to be run.
- Various component upgrades
Changes in Helium Music Manager 14.4 Update:
- Database driver updates
- UI controls updates
- Improvemets to rating handling
- Bugfix related to filtering in the Duplicate finder
- Improvements to picture handling
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.helium.fm
Supported Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
Size: 37.4 MB