Helium Music Manager is a music manager that can rip, tag, play, browse, search, rename, burn and synchronize your music with a portable player. You can take control of your music collection.
Stop spending time looking for files on your computer or hunting through CDs, vinyl records and tapes – instead, simply enjoy and explore your music!
Helium Music Manager can replace your ripper, player, tag editor and other audio related software.
Helium Music Manager is a music tagger, renamer, cataloguer, browser, playlist manager and report creator. It can catalogue, edit and play the most common music formats (MP3, Ogg, WMA, M4A, FLAC, APE and MPC) as well as standard Audio CDs.
Use the new built in Music Information Browser to navigate through your music collection in an intuitive manner by means of a Web style user interface.
Helium makes it easy to find your favorite music by searching for criteria such as Artist, Title, Genre, Rating etc. Avoid manual typing by downloading artist and title information from various sources on the Internet (CDDB, Amazon.com, AllMusic, Discogs to mention a few). Helium supports downloading of album pictures, artist pictures, track information, artist relations, biographies, discographies and lyrics.
- Supports your iPod or Zen. Synchronize and play music from your iPod, Creative Zen, mobile phone or other portable device. Helium Music Manager supports a wide variety of players.
- Explore your music your way. Browse and play your music depending on the situation. Be the DJ – take your entire collection on your laptop to your friends party. Impress your family – bring Helium Music Manager to your Full-HD television and redefine music entertainment!
- Download covers for your albums. Easily find your albums by browsing their album art. Helium Music Manager has built-in facilities to quickly find and download album art.
Helium Music Manager Features:
- Import. Supports mp3, mp4, flac, ogg, wma and more as well as audio CDs, vinyl and tapes.
For user with large collections we offer support for Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL for improved performance.
- Tag. Add or correct missing or incorrect meta-data using the many tools available for tagging your files. Remove, switch, add or copy tag contents between files and fields using batch operations.
- Manage. Download album pictures, analyze quality and repair broken mp3 files.
Automatically rename files and create custom folder structures, convert files to different formats.
- Explore. Many different ways of browsing your music. Album and artist pictures as well as detailed listings. Easily filter your content, search for your favourites and create playlists.
- Play. Play music, scrobble to Last.fm, stream through Shoutcast. Show your friends what you are playing on Windows Live Messenger. Display visual effects and enjoy automatic playback with built-in features.
- On-the-go. Synchronize to your iPod, Creative Zen or other portable music device, cell phone or netbook. Burn Audio or Data CDs, export playlists and create reports for printing.
- Quick access to several tools when hovering albums, artists and labels. Additional icons will be shown when hovering allowing you to change picture, edit tag/information, download pictures and add items to the play queue.
- Possibility to always open album folder when updating album pictures instead of the album pictures folder.
- Plugin support for rating and popularity fields.
- Improved type-to-find support for album view, especially in the split-view mode.
- Updated database drivers.
- Bug corrections and more improvements to Optimize database.
- Statistics fixes for albums.
- FileSize and Songlength available as Tag to filename fields
- The ID3v2 tag setting “Save album artist with full external compatibility” will now only affect formats using ID3v2
- Possibility to add single tracks in the Splitter tool
- Playing position shown in splitters wave form
- Custom 9 content field in Tag editors displays and stores proper content
- Bug fixing for multiple artists in combination with Apply functions in the Tag editor
- Improvements to Open Database dialog for SQL Server. It’s easier to connect to an existing database as you are now able to list the available databases on the selected server.
- Improvements to Optimize database feature. Optimizing your database helps to fix many known problems from old versions of Helium. If you have been using Helium for a long time this feature is recommended to be run.
- Various component upgrades
- Database driver updates
- UI controls updates
- Improvemets to rating handling
- Bugfix related to filtering in the Duplicate finder
- Improvements to picture handling
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes
- Bug fixes, minor improvements and driver updates.
- Several improvements have been made to the thumbnail image cache. This might result in a longer startup the first time Helium 14.3 is started since the images might need to be recached.
Changes in Helium Music Manager 14.3:
- Copyright column introduced in track lists
- It is now possible to configure which specific field-names (one or more) that should be mapped to a specific Vorbis field when reading data. This can be used to increase read-compatibility with other applications.
- Improved default Vorbis mappings
- Vorbis total tracks and total discs is not written if empty
- Improved tab support in the Tag editor
- Possibility to configure which fields that shall be included for finding track results when using the simple search. Select which fields to include/exclude directly from the new context-menu which opens when clicking the magnifier icon in the simple search.
- Smarter and quicker handling of cached thumbnails. Each library will have its own cache to speed up loading and manage conflicts better.
- Improvements to touch handling when working with touch screens
- The select playlist dialog comes with full folder support
- Multiple improvements to multiselections in the releases view used when deleting , tagging and queueing releases
- Drag and drop support for drag and move a playlist to a folder in the Playlists view
- Drag and drop a playlist directly to the Play queue to queue it
- Left Navigation bar width is stored between sessions
- Adding skips Opus files identified as Vorbis files, instead of crashing
- Component updates, giving better performance in grouped views
- ID3v2 tag compatibility improvements
- Database driver updates
- Minor improvements to the installer
Homepage – https://www.helium.fm
Supported Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.