It includes all of the common audio editing commands and effects, plus powerful built-in tools such as a batch processor and converter, a file merger, a CD reader, and audio restoration filters that are expensive add-ons in other programs.
Comprehensive, well designed, easy and fun to use, GoldWave offers the best value in audio editing software.
GoldWave is ideal for people who work with audio for CD editing, archive restoration, speech analysis, radio and TV, Java and Web pages, games, or just for fun.
You can use it to make everything from elaborate answering machine messages to professional, high quality CD audio content.
GoldWave allows to sssign your own keystrokes for almost any function in the program. Arrange the windows, tool bars, effect bars, and controls the way you want. Create your own presets for effects. Add plug-ins for more functionality.
- Playing. Play all your favourite songs and view real-time visuals. Listen to the audio while fast-forwarding or rewinding. Change the playback speed to hear your music in a whole new way, or to learn a song by ear, or transcribe dictation or a lesson.
- Recording. Record any source your computer supports, including microphone, line-in, and what-you-hear. Connect a turntable to record LPs, a cassette deck to record tapes, a receiver to record radio. Or connect a microphone to record your own music, speeches, or reports. Use the timer to start recording at a certain day and time.
- Editing. Edit audio with all the basic commands such as Cut, Copy, Paste, Trim, Replace, and Overwrite. GoldWave’s fast virtual editing means you can slice, dice, and merge large audio files in seconds. Mix and Crossfade songs together with just a few clicks. Whip together audio for podcasts, Flash animations, radio spots, PowerPoint presentations, or music for dance programs, figure skating, gymnastics, and aerobics.
- Effects. Process dozens of different audio effects. Adjust bass or treble with the Equalizer. Even out volume levels with Auto Gain. Easily fade in and out background music with Voice Over. Replace profanity with beeps or other sounds with Censor. Add echoes, reverbs, flangers, and much more. Change the pitch of your voice or make it sound mechanical for unique video game expansions. Preview effects real-time before processing them.
- Remastering. Remaster old vinyl or tape recordings. Use Noise Reduction and Pop/Click filters to clean up the audio and take out the buzz, hiss, crackle, and clicks. Use the Spectrum Filter for precise control over frequency and tone. Remove offsets and long silences.
- Analyze. Analyze audio with frequency and amplitude visuals. View spectrograms, bar graphs, waveforms, level meters, and other useful graphs. Instantly see any audio problems during recording and playback. Isolate that high pitch whine or low rumble by sight, making filtering much easier. Demonstrate engineering and mathematical concepts, such as filters, Fourier transforms, and signal processing. Analyze human speech, bird song, whale song, engine noise, and other interesting sounds.
- Tools. Includes a collection of powerful tools. Copy audio directly from an audio CD with the CD Reader tool. Join many files together with the File Merger tool. Generate your own sounds and effects using the Expression Evaluator tool. Chain together effects for faster processing or create new effects using the Effect Chain Editor tool. Bookmark places within the file using the Cue Points tool, or split a long file into pieces defined by cue points.
- Batch. Process an unlimited number of files in many different formats. Use Batch Processing to process and convert your complete library of songs: match volume levels of different songs, boost the bass, trim leading and trailing silences, convert to MP3, and much more. Supports iTunes Plus, m4a, wav, wma, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox, FLAC, and even raw binary data. Entire folders and subfolders can be processed with just a few clicks and the entire hierarchy preserved. Advanced users can take advantage of the power and flexibility of command line processing.
- Configure. Very configurable. Assign your own keystrokes for almost any function in the program. Perfect for anyone with fast fingers or visual impairments. Arrange the windows, tool bars, effect bars, and controls the way you want. Change colours of the waveform and some of the visuals. Create your own presets for effects.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
GoldWave 6 requires Windows 7 64 bit or later. It will not run or install on any 32 bit versions of Windows.
Changes in GoldWave 6.36 (2018-11-20):
- Added Reduction setting in Noise Gate
- Added Fade curve setting to Blend
- Added 6 channel (5.1) support for M4A files (Windows 10 only)
- Added Apple Lossless M4A support (Windows 10 only)
- Added Finish/Length option in Set Selection
- Added relative time to Set Playback Position
- Added log file setting to Batch Processing Destination tab
- Prevented GoldWave* native audio plug-in from being disabled
- Added Windows 10 “OneCore” voices to Speech Converter tool
- Added Windows 10 “OneCore” recognizers to Find (Text)
- Added “Undo after save” to Storage Options
- Changed colour of Bar visual
- Added LED Time visual
- Integrated peak number into Analog Meter.
- Several improvements and fixes
Homepage – http://www.goldwave.com
Size: 11.8 MB