Light Image Resizer from Obvious Idea (previously known as VSO Image Resizer) is a free tool that organizes your photos by shrinking their resolution or moving them within your hard drive.
It is the perfect tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, import or organize photos.
Using this free resize image software, you can create e-mail friendly versions of your images, load them faster, move them easily from folder to folder, change their format, edit large numbers of image files/batch image resize and thus save space on your hard drive.
Add your own watermark to protect your work or add a copyright to photos with html-like text formatting and transparency support. Customize pictures by converting them to sepia or add a border. Use the live preview to see what the final result will look like before actually processing the image.
The ObviousIdea Photo Resizer/Picture Resizer works on files, subfolders and folders, and supports RAW formats. With multi-core support integrated, you can convert images even faster. Launch the application easily from Windows shell explorer with a right click on the image or folder.
Light Image Resizer Key Features:
- Resize pictures, resize photos and resize images – compress, convert, and easily create copies of your pictures
- A fast batch photo resizer
- High quality results using ultra fast multi-core, photo resize technology
- High quality image resizing filters – Lanczos and Bicubic for best compression quality, and Linear for speed
- Create e-mail friendly images or use them for internet publishing
- Sort, rename or add a watermark to protect your pictures from being stolen
- Use the profiles library – iPhone, iPad mini, forum, HQ
- New – create custom PDF pages !
- Easy to convert JPEG to PDF
You can add photos directly as attachments, individually or in a ZIP file, to email by using the publish function, without exceeding the maximum size permitted by email servers. Create PDF files from your images, like jpg to PDF. Do this for individual or multiple images. Edit, create, export, backup new profiles with your favorite settings.
The most popular profiles are already pre-defined, such as FULL HD resolution wallpaper images, iPod, NTSC, 640 x 480. Access to profiles in 1 click with the shell integration.
Transfer photos and optimize space on digital frames with the Digital Picture Frame Wizard. You can use the resize picture options to resize to the frame’s supported resolution, and add even more photos for viewing !
The program is available as a windows shell extension. Just right click to easily resize pictures as copies or continue to work on the original HQ photos. Then share your resized photos online with friends. It’s freeware software if you use it for personal use.
Changes in Light Image Resizer 126.96.36.199:
- FIXED: a wrong (shifted) file date could be set in some cases when “Keep original file date” was checked
- FIXED: watermark or border could appear at the wrong position for some images (depending on their EXIF orientation)
Changes in Light Image Resizer 188.8.131.52:
- apply compatible properties to IPTC and XMP when customizing metadata
- prevent main window from appearing quickly when run with /minimized parameter
- displayed saved space was wrong for files that were just copied without processing
- some image formats other than JPEG were fully processed even if not neccessary (due to original size)
- color profile was not applied when updating EXIF thumbnail
- application could hang under some conditions when using both /minimized and /run parameter
Changes in Light Image Resizer 184.108.40.206:
- add filename mask variables for original filename in upper case (%FUP) and lower case (%FLO)
- load “fried” PNG (non-standard format used by iOS)
- crash could occur on some systems when processing multiple files due to synchronization issue
- relative folder path was not working from command line
- backup of overwritten file could fail if input and output format were different (i.e. PNG to JPG)
Changes in Light Image Resizer 220.127.116.11:
- added command line parameters: Size, KeepQuality, Progressive
- default to LZW compression for TIFF to avoid out of memory issues
- better reliability for update check
- add notice for AVIF files if codec is missing
- original image could have wrong orientation in preview
- wrong dimensions could be applied to image depending on its EXIF orientation
- a crash could occur when using Center mode and padding was applied
Changes in Light Image Resizer 18.104.22.168:
- profile could be empty in some cases
- some images could have a wrong orientation in preview
- processing could hang in some cases if multithreading was disabled
Changes in Light Image Resizer 22.214.171.124:
- add read support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files
- support local UNC paths in filelist
- “The handle is invalid” error could occur when using Center mode
- out of memory could occur when loading very large interlaced PNG files
- large JPEGs with EXIF orientation other than 1 (top left) could lead to endless processing
- unlock prompt could appear with missing email if license data was stored for all users
- ICC color profile could get damaged in rare cases on certain system locales
- action was always reset to its default (create copies) when set via command line parameter
Homepage – https://www.obviousidea.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
There is no version available for Mac.
Size: 9.67 MB