FileZilla Server is a free, open source server for Microsoft Windows. The Client not only supports FTP and FTP over TLS (FTPS) and SFTP which provides secure encrypted connections to the server.
A user connections manager allows the administrator to view currently connected users and their uploads/downloads. At present, there are two operations the owner of the server can do to those transfers: to “kill” the client session or to “ban” the user’s IP address. This manager shows the real-time status of each active file transfer.
FileZilla software supports SSL, the same level of encryption supported by your web browser, to protect your data. When using SSL your data is encrypted so that prying eyes cannot see it, and your confidential information is protected.
Server also supports on-the-fly data compression, which can improve the transfer rates. Support for SFTP is not implemented in Filezilla Server.
FileZilla Server Functionalities:
- Upload and download bandwidth limits
- Encryption with SSL/TLS (for FTPS)
- Message log (for debugging and real-time traffic information)
- Limit access to internal LAN traffic or external internet traffic only
Changes in FileZilla Server 1.0.0 RC5 (2021-07-29):
- Fixed passive mode port settings
- Minumum allowed TLS version is now 1.2, added configuration option to restrict it further to 1.3
- Fixed progress display during uploads to the server
Changes in FileZilla Server 1.0.0 RC4 (2021-07-19):
- Admin UI: Added checkbox to connect dialog to automatically connect at start
- Admin UI: Added menu item to start interface minimized
- Fixed data from a failed download being prepended to a subsequent download
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- Admin UI: Display additional certificate information such as SANs and subject DN.
- Admin UI: Simplified selection of log levels
- Onboarding: After first installing the server, it listens on port 21 by default
Changes in FileZilla Server 1.0.0 RC3 (2021-07-12):
- Changed permissions of created settings and log files and directories, they now also grant Windows’ built-in Administrators group full access. Does not change existing files from previous versions.
Changes in FileZilla Server 1.0.0 RC2 (2021-07-05):
- Fixed a crash in the converter for old configurations
Changes in FileZilla Server 0.9.60.2 (2017-02-08):
- Bugfixes: Signed binaries, no functional changes over 0.60.0
Homepage – https://filezilla-project.org
Size: 4.09 MB