Netop Remote Control gives you fast, reliable remote connectivity and the tool set you need to ensure fast issue resolution. Whether serving end users or remotely deployed equipment, NetOp Remote Control helps you decrease downtime and maintain all of your technical assets.
Your remote access solution should not compromise your network security. NetOp Remote Control provides complete audit trails, multi-factor authentication and the capability define user rights and permissions to specific network segments, devices and applications.
The program enables consolidated connectivity – across platforms, network segments and communication protocols. By consolidating their remote support with one solution, NetOp Remote Control customers decrease the overall cost and security risk of keeping multiple solutions current.
NetOp Remote Control is the complete solution for the service and support of your computers. From the completion of complex remote maintenance and file transfer, through remote user support, to network-wide software and hardware inventorying. All these functions come under a single, intuitive GUI, securely protected by sophisticated authentication, encrypted connections and comprehensive rights management. With NetOp Remote Control you can access and control systems from anywhere.
Advanced remote control and support
- Enterprise remote support for anyone, anytime, anywhere
- Support and manage workstations, servers, POS, embedded systems, and mobile devices
- Broad platform support: Windows, Mac, Linux, Citrix, Windows Mobile, Android and iOS
- Reach your mobile workforce securely through any Internet connection
- Easily manage connections over a broad range of protocols
Trusted and secure remote access
- Strong encryption with up to 256-bit AES ensures data integrity
- Centralized 2 and 3-factor authentication protects from unauthorized access
- Superior integration with Directory Services, RSA SecurID and Smartcards
- Granular control over all user permissions through individual or group policies
- Monitor, log and investigate with customized audit trails and session recordings
Lower the cost of support
- Scalable to any size business and easy to deploy across networks
- Consolidate your remote tools into one secure enterprise solution
- Manage system services, registry, processes, hardware and software information
- Provide real-time, secure user support inside or outside of your network
- Troubleshoot problems without interrupting end-users or critical processes
Meet security compliance regulations
- Lower the cost of demonstrating compliance with complete audit trails
- 256-bit AES encryption protects data and meets regulatory standards
- Achieve PCI, ISO and HIPAA compliance requirements for authentication and encryption
- Data transmission protected with FIPS 140-2 standard algorithms
- Meet government, health-care, retail and financial services security requirements
Powerful and flexible support tools
- Intuitive functions for the support team across your entire enterprise
- Automate programs and common support tasks to save time and resources
- Communicate with end-users through chat, annotation, audio and video
- Share screens, run applications and transfer files with anyone, anywhere
- Manage computers with no active OS using Intel vPro support
Changes in NetOp Remote Control 12.76:
- For our customers that use Netop Security Server for LDAP authentication, we extended the username length from 32 to 64 characters
- Improved automatic updates for the Netop Guest and Netop Host
- We now have a better mechanism of choosing the license on the Windows Netop Guest/Host and the user can choose the type of license wanted (Portal-only, custom, trial).
A new RADIUS authentication flow with Multi-Factor Authentication:
- We implemented a new RADIUS authentication flow involving Multi-Factor Authentication. This enables new ways of authenticating the user, by allowing the 2nd factor authentication to happen independently from the Netop Guest, Netop Host and Netop Security Server. For instance, once the Netop Guest user enters the credentials, RADIUS (depending on how it is configured) will send a push notification to the Netop Guest user’s mobile phone. This allows the user to accept or deny the connection. Based on the user’s answer, the RADIUS server then informs the Netop Security Server if the authentication is granted or not. As a result, the Remote Control session is initiated or denied.
- When starting the Netop Guest with initialized TCP/IP and Any initialized profile selected, the browse list disappeared upon click on a list item
- File Transfer between a Windows Netop Guest and a Linux or macOS Netop Host did not work if the encryption level is other than the default (Netop 6.x/5.x Compatible)
- Resizing of the Remote Control window when using the ‘fit host screen to window’ option now works accurately in the Netop Guest
- If Netop Guest’s stealth mode is enabled, running ngstw32.exe twice at the command prompt or via the Windows shortcut will cause the Netop Guest Window to appear and Portal authentication dialog is no longer displayed
- Black bodrders were shown in the Remote Control session in some cases when using the RC_AREA netop.ini setting
- In some rare instances, the audit events in the Netop Portal were not associated with the proper Netop Host
- Improved Netop Host behavior in case of device conflict errors.
- A Netop Guest crash preventing Windows 10 and 8.1 to restart was resolved.
- The file transfer from a Linux Netop Guest, which froze when the encryption used was anything other than Netop 6.x/5.x compatible or none, is now working properly
- Help – About: Third Party Copyrights link now works on the Netop Host
Homepage – https://www.netop.com/remote-support.htm
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 52.5 MB