Microsoft Teams is a group chat software, that allows you to meet the hub for teamwork in Office 365. The app brings everything together in a shared workspace where you can chat, meet, share files, and work with business apps.
Microsoft Teams brings everything together in a shared workspace. It lets you work from anywhere and making easy for your team to chat, collaborate on files, and work with favorite apps.
Invite your crew. Sign up and bring some friends with you. Welcome them with an @mention and Giphy in General channel.
Pick a project. Choose a project to work on together. Share files and use team conversations to track feedback.
Connect on the go. Download the app for your phone. Start video calls to connect face-to-face from coast-to-coast.
Microsoft Teams Features:
Communicate more effectively. Get your team on the same page with group chat, online meetings, calling, and web conferencing.
Work better together. Collaborate on files with built-in Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Customize your workspace. Add in your favorite Microsoft apps and third-party services to keep the business moving forward.
Keep your team secure. Get end-to-end security, administrative control, and compliance all powered by Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft Teams in Office 365 provides a complete online meeting solution.
Meet with teams of 10 or 10,000. Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.
Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization. Get features like scheduling assistance, note taking, desktop sharing, uploading files, and chat messaging.
For big meetings, go live with Microsoft Teams live events. Host webinars, all-hands meetings, and other one-to-many presentations with up to 10,000 attendees internal or external to your organization.
Extend Microsoft Teams with one-touch join to every meeting space with Skype Room Systems from our partners Logitech, Crestron, Polycom, Lenovo, HP and Yealink. Browse a list of Skype Room Systems for your meeting spaces.
Cloud video interoperability
BlueJeans, Pexip, and Polycom are delivering video interoperability solutions that seamlessly connect H.323 compatible videoconferencing devices to Microsoft Teams meetings.
Join meetings from a phone or use Microsoft Teams to dial anybody directly. Meetings include a dial-in number spanning 400+ cities across the globe, making it easier for people on the go or without Internet.
Microsoft Teams in Office 365 provides business calling for people on a global scale, combining Phone System with Direct Routing and/or Calling Plan.
Phone System enables call control and PBX capabilities in Office 365, effectively replacing your on-premises telephony hardware. Pair it with Direct Routing or Calling Plan and your users will get full calling capabilities in Office 365.
Direct Routing allows your company to choose who provides voice lines to Office 365. With a global reach, customers can select providers based on where telephony services are needed.
With Calling Plan, you get an easy way to give your employees full calling capabilities in Teams. Great for customers who want the simplest possible voice management for their users.
Certified devices deliver reliable and high-quality voice and video to ensure you are seen and heard. Choose the right Teams devices for optimized calling experience.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.34161 (December 13, 2019):
Welcome to the family, Linux
We’re excited to announce that Teams is now on the Linux platform!
Different organizations? No problem
Chatting and video-sharing just got better when communicating with people outside your org. Say hello to the following improvements:
- Screen share, along with giving and taking control of the screen.
- @mentions to get someone’s attention
- Priority delivery of your messages (standard, important, or urgent)
- Text formatting
- And all the fun stuff (did someone say GIFs?)
Chat history increased
Now, when you go on vacation, leave of absence, or simply need to send a message to that group discussion from last month, you’ll find your chats right where you left them. Currently, chat history will remain in your chat list for up to six months.
Office files get a refresh in Teams
Your Office files now open directly in Teams, ready for you to make edits. And to provide you more real estate to work in, we’ve moved the file name up into the Teams header to give you more space to view your documents.
We’ve updated the ribbon with a Conversation button so you can bounce between chat and your file without losing your place. And our code wizards are working their magic to continually improve load times for opening documents in Teams.
More room to work with
You might’ve noticed some visual changes to your Teams. We’ve reduced the size of the Teams head to increase your work space. Some changes to note: your tabs have now sidled up to sit next to the names of your chats and channels.
Along with the move, we’ve updated the name of the conversations tab. In Chat, your messages are now in the Chat tab and in channels you’ll find your posts and replies in the Post tab.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.27559 (November 12, 2019):
- Channel choices: Standard or private!: Got a topic that needs to be discussed by a specific group of people in an existing team—and shouldn’t be viewed by others? Use a private channel to keep the conversation restricted. Learn more about private channels.
- Chrome video calling is here: Do you use Teams on the web from a Chrome browser? Then you’re in luck! Because now you can make and receive video calls from your teammates. Select the camera icon at the top right corner of an individual or group chat, and show your smiling face to the people on the other end of the call.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.13765 (May 18, 2019):
- Schedule a Teams meeting from any device: Thanks to the new Outlook add-in you can book a Teams meeting from any Mac, PC, Android, or iOS device. Check out how to set up the Outlook add-in on your device on our admin help page.
- Teams goes Chrome: Now you can get meeting video on the Teams web app in Chrome! That means you can join a Teams meeting and get all the good voice and video experience, even when you’re not in the desktop app.
- Choose how callers join a meeting: Now when you schedule a Teams meeting you get to decide whether people calling in have to wait in the meeting lobby or get to directly join the meeting. Access the meetings options at the bottom of your Teams meeting invite.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS 10.10 and later
- Office 365 Business Premium Subscription
Size: 80.1 MB