Microsoft Teams is a group chat software, that allows you to meet the hub for teamwork in Office 365. The app brings everything together in a shared workspace where you can chat, meet, share files, and work with business apps.
Microsoft Teams brings everything together in a shared workspace. It lets you work from anywhere and making easy for your team to chat, collaborate on files, and work with favorite apps.
Invite your crew. Sign up and bring some friends with you. Welcome them with an @mention and Giphy in General channel.
Pick a project. Choose a project to work on together. Share files and use team conversations to track feedback.
Connect on the go. Download the app for your phone. Start video calls to connect face-to-face from coast-to-coast.
Microsoft Teams Features:
Communicate more effectively. Get your team on the same page with group chat, online meetings, calling, and web conferencing.
Work better together. Collaborate on files with built-in Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Customize your workspace. Add in your favorite Microsoft apps and third-party services to keep the business moving forward.
Keep your team secure. Get end-to-end security, administrative control, and compliance all powered by Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft Teams in Office 365 provides a complete online meeting solution.
Meet with teams of 10 or 10,000. Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.
Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization. Get features like scheduling assistance, note taking, desktop sharing, uploading files, and chat messaging.
For big meetings, go live with Microsoft Teams live events. Host webinars, all-hands meetings, and other one-to-many presentations with up to 10,000 attendees internal or external to your organization.
Extend Microsoft Teams with one-touch join to every meeting space with Skype Room Systems from our partners Logitech, Crestron, Polycom, Lenovo, HP and Yealink. Browse a list of Skype Room Systems for your meeting spaces.
Cloud video interoperability
BlueJeans, Pexip, and Polycom are delivering video interoperability solutions that seamlessly connect H.323 compatible videoconferencing devices to Microsoft Teams meetings.
Join meetings from a phone or use Microsoft Teams to dial anybody directly. Meetings include a dial-in number spanning 400+ cities across the globe, making it easier for people on the go or without Internet.
Microsoft Teams in Office 365 provides business calling for people on a global scale, combining Phone System with Direct Routing and/or Calling Plan.
Phone System enables call control and PBX capabilities in Office 365, effectively replacing your on-premises telephony hardware. Pair it with Direct Routing or Calling Plan and your users will get full calling capabilities in Office 365.
Direct Routing allows your company to choose who provides voice lines to Office 365. With a global reach, customers can select providers based on where telephony services are needed.
With Calling Plan, you get an easy way to give your employees full calling capabilities in Teams. Great for customers who want the simplest possible voice management for their users.
Certified devices deliver reliable and high-quality voice and video to ensure you are seen and heard. Choose the right Teams devices for optimized calling experience.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.32283 (November 21, 2020):
- Teams for your personal life, now on desktop: Connect with family and friends on the new desktop app for Teams for your personal life. Now you can organize plans as a group, store personal information, and share memories whether on the go or from your computer. Get all the details at Introducing Microsoft Teams for your personal life.
- Do more in meetings with apps: Enhance your online meeting experience with apps. Just like adding a tab to a chat or channel, after you’ve sent an invite, open up the meeting details and select Plus sign icon at the top and choose an app, then select Add. Get the full details at Use apps in meetings.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.28779 (November 6, 2020):
Keep it secret, keep it safe
To provide you with even more privacy, Teams now lets you turn off message previews in your desktop notifications. Message previews are on by default. To turn them off, go to your profile picture, select Settings > Notifications > Show message preview. From here, switch the toggle to off.
You can now set your status in Teams to Appear offline, You’ll still receive notifications if anyone messages you, but you’ll be able to work in Teams while appearing invisible to others. Like magic!
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.21759 (August 21, 2020):
Real-time status updates in Teams
We’re excited to announce that Teams now provides updates to everyone’s statuses as they occur. What does that all mean? You’re looking at more reliable and faster updates when your status – available, in a call, etc. – changes in Teams, including turning on and off your out of office (aka Automatic Replies) in Outlook. You’ll also get faster updates to events in your calendar.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.19173 (July 27, 2020):
- More control in meeting options
- Clearer options when joining a meeting via link
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.13565 (May 27, 2020):
10,000 teammates, all together
Team sizes have increased to ten thousand, making it a little easier for larger organizations to let everyone join the conversation.
Meeting options button in Teams
Once you send your online meeting invite, open your meeting options via the new button in Teams. Once you’ve sent your meeting invite, open the event and select Meeting options (at the top of the event). This will open a tab in your web browser where you can tweak your meeting settings, like lobby bypass and who can present.
Book appointments and online visits with Bookings
The Bookings app in Teams offers a simple way to schedule virtual (and in-person) appointments, like healthcare visits, financial consultations, and educator office hours. Schedulers can manage multiple department and staff calendars, as well as communications with internal and external attendees, from a single experience. The virtual appointments themselves are held via Microsoft Teams Meetings.
Pop out a chat for multitasking
Double-click a chat in your chat list, or select Pop out chat icon in Teams to open a chat in a secondary window. Now, you’re free to move about Teams while working in multiple chat conversations.
Announce when callers join a meeting”
Meeting organizers now have the option to announce when callers join or leave a Teams meeting, so you always know who is in your online meeting. To access, select Meeting options and switch the toggle on for Announce when callers join or leav
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.5153 (March 20, 2020):
Improvements to the Teams calendar
Right-click an item in your calendar to pull up RSVP options, start a chat with meeting participants, or quickly join a meeting when it starts. We’ve also made improvements to the event scheduling form. Read up on how to schedule events at Schedule a meeting in Teams.
Work offline in the Windows desktop app
Read and create message, even when internet is slow or goes out completely. Pinned chats and channels, along with previously viewed channels will also be available while offline.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.3.00.3564 (March 9, 2020):
Tag, you’re it:
Create tags and assign people to them so you can @mention a group, role, department, etc. Team owners, try it out for yourselves. Go to a team, select More options
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.34161 (December 13, 2019):
Welcome to the family, Linux
We’re excited to announce that Teams is now on the Linux platform!
Different organizations? No problem
Chatting and video-sharing just got better when communicating with people outside your org. Say hello to the following improvements:
- Screen share, along with giving and taking control of the screen.
- @mentions to get someone’s attention
- Priority delivery of your messages (standard, important, or urgent)
- Text formatting
- And all the fun stuff (did someone say GIFs?)
Chat history increased
Now, when you go on vacation, leave of absence, or simply need to send a message to that group discussion from last month, you’ll find your chats right where you left them. Currently, chat history will remain in your chat list for up to six months.
Office files get a refresh in Teams
Your Office files now open directly in Teams, ready for you to make edits. And to provide you more real estate to work in, we’ve moved the file name up into the Teams header to give you more space to view your documents.
We’ve updated the ribbon with a Conversation button so you can bounce between chat and your file without losing your place. And our code wizards are working their magic to continually improve load times for opening documents in Teams.
More room to work with
You might’ve noticed some visual changes to your Teams. We’ve reduced the size of the Teams head to increase your work space. Some changes to note: your tabs have now sidled up to sit next to the names of your chats and channels.
Along with the move, we’ve updated the name of the conversations tab. In Chat, your messages are now in the Chat tab and in channels you’ll find your posts and replies in the Post tab.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.27559 (November 12, 2019):
- Channel choices: Standard or private!: Got a topic that needs to be discussed by a specific group of people in an existing team—and shouldn’t be viewed by others? Use a private channel to keep the conversation restricted. Learn more about private channels.
- Chrome video calling is here: Do you use Teams on the web from a Chrome browser? Then you’re in luck! Because now you can make and receive video calls from your teammates. Select the camera icon at the top right corner of an individual or group chat, and show your smiling face to the people on the other end of the call.
Changes in Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.13765 (May 18, 2019):
- Schedule a Teams meeting from any device: Thanks to the new Outlook add-in you can book a Teams meeting from any Mac, PC, Android, or iOS device. Check out how to set up the Outlook add-in on your device on our admin help page.
- Teams goes Chrome: Now you can get meeting video on the Teams web app in Chrome! That means you can join a Teams meeting and get all the good voice and video experience, even when you’re not in the desktop app.
- Choose how callers join a meeting: Now when you schedule a Teams meeting you get to decide whether people calling in have to wait in the meeting lobby or get to directly join the meeting. Access the meetings options at the bottom of your Teams meeting invite.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS 10.10 and later
- Office 365 Business Premium Subscription
Size: 98.2 MB