Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
- new option to auto-stop downloads on low disk space in Settings > Transfers > Files
- adjustable low disk space threshold
- update file allocation routines, better behavior on non-sparse file systems
- minor optimizations to piece-cache file read/write timing
- fixed rare file handle leak in Linux build
- new password-lock feature in Settings > User Interface > Behavior
- user interface can be locked when hidden in tray
- main settings window can be password protected
- option to force program to start locked and hidden in tray
- fixed minor problems with DHT/Channel announce sequencing
- on Windows build, fixed problem with receive-message window causing unexpected main window raise
- fixed problem with DHT-off warning being shown at startup when DHT is actually still loading
- fixed problem with inaccurate file system free space reading on location tooltips in preload window
- when adding new contacts, current incoming message status is now correctly transferred from the channel
- a few other minor GUI fixes and adjustments
- updated IP location tables
Changes in Tixati 2.82 (May 16, 2021):
- user interface can be translated into any language using simple .txt file format
- added Switch Language option to main help menu
- new language selection window
- fixed problems decoding large GZ compressed IP filter files
- fixed problems loading IP filter files with size under 11 bytes
- several optimizations to startup config file loading, now over 30% faster on typical systems
- floating Channel window top status indicator and control buttons now working correctly
- increased Channel ban-list message maximum size at relay
- improved Channel DHT search timing on initial startup when few peers are known
- better peer selection routines in large transfers to prefer long-term stable peers
- fixed problems with support for HTTP deflate encoding when downloading RSS/IPFilter/Tracker content
- Channel ban-on-ignore function will now upon activation scan for currently ignored users and set bans
- now using much faster elliptic curve implementation, resulting in less CPU usage for large Channels
- several other minor improvements throughout the GUI
Changes in Tixati 2.81 (January 17, 2021):
- better channel connection management when streaming audio/video, more accurate peer reliability scoring
- several optimizations to channel stream decoder/hasher to save CPU time
- channel stream playback positioning algorithm improvements
- improved channel Share data synchronization protocol, reduced redundant updates when reconnecting
- fixed single-file transfer deleting problems
- more improvements to HTTP client powering RSS connections and non-UDP trackers
- new compiler optimizations for Linux builds, slightly lower CPU usage
- updated IP location tables to latest delegations
Homepage – https://www.tixati.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15.0 MB