BitComet is a BitTorrent, HTTP, FTP download management software. It is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features allow to accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
Also supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded.
Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun. You don’t need to wait dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes.
And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding. Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share. Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI. Start BitTorrent download without .torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization. Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache. Memory cache reduces the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation. Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network. Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router).
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading. BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename. Automatic choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of avi, rmvb, wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Quick Resume. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download. Automatically finds mirror servers for the downloading file. Downloads data from these servers at the same time and increases download speed 300% or more.
- Multi-Section download. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support. Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
Download Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.88 (2022-05-24):
- GUI Improve: add format option in torrent maker dialog, including v1, v2 and hybrid format
- GUI Improve: display Infohash v1 and Infohash v2 separately in BitTorrent task summary pane
- GUI Improve: display the number of piece hashes obtained for torrent v2
- GUI Improve: display the protocol version of BitTorrent peers in the peer list of BT task
- GUI Improve: add advanced option: bittorrent.enable_v1_upgrade_to_v2, to allow peer protocol upgrade for hybrid torrent
- GUI Improve: copy the infohash v1, v2 and name of BT task from context menu
- GUI Improve: supports mirror, user_agent and cookie parameters in BC link
- GUI Bugfix: always using default save folder for magnet URI if torrent can be found in Torrent History
- GUI Bugfix: do not select the URL text when displays the task Properties dialog of HTTP task
- GUI Bugfix: the TAB key doesn’t works with the save folder edit box in task Properties dialog
- GUI Bugfix: handle the case of taskbar on top of screen when restore main window position
- GUI Bugfix: the restored main window position is invalid after secondary monitor removed
- Core Improve: support creating torrent of v2 format, which includes metadata of v2, and the piece hashes of v2
- Core Improve: support creating torrent of hybrid format, which includes metadata of v1 & v2, and the piece hashes of v2
- Core Improve: when exporting torrent from BT task of v2 format, a full v2 torrent file will be exported if all piece hashes of v2 are obtained, or a compact torrent file will be exported which only contains metadata
- Core Improve: support open torrent of v2 format and hybrid format, in which the piece hashes of v2 are optional
- Core Improve: support download the magnet URI of v2 format and hybrid format, whose metadata size are much smaller than magnet URI of v1 format
- Core Improve: support hash request commands of BitTorrent v2 protocol in peer connections, to download the piece hashes of v2 format and the leaf hashes of file hash tree
- Core Improve: support upgrade the peer connections to BitTorrent v2 protocol for hybrid torrent
- Core Improve: when the leaf hashes of file hash tree are obtained, the file data can be verified in 16KB blocks
- Core Bugfix: can’t handle the Content-Disposition HTTP response header if filename and filename* attributes appear together
- Core Bugfix: can not fetch Cookies from Chrome and Edge of new version
Changes in BitComet 1.87 (2022-03-28):
- GUI Improve: add super seed option to task list right-click menu
- GUI Improve: add copy Infohash command to task list right-click menu
- GUI Improve: add context menu with copy command to the task summary pane
- GUI Improve: added a sequential download mode option to the Download Order page of the BitTorrent task properties dialog
- GUI Improve: new proxy server option: enable proxy server for RSS feeds
- GUI Improve: when no port listening, the port status in the lower right corner of the main window is changed from “not detected” to “not listening”
- GUI Improve: if the task list is sorted, display a prompt to cancel the sorting first when using the shortcut keys to adjust the download order
- GUI Improve: add translation of RSS update time
- GUI Improve: the language menu item displays the native language name for each language
- GUI Improve: after selecting the user group title such as “Connected” in the BT task peer list, you can directly ban or delete all users in the group
- GUI Improve: peers which are banned in the BT task peer list will display the reason for the ban
- GUI Improve: add advanced option：torrent_share.load_lists_at_startup
- GUI Improve: add advanced option：bittorrent.separate_sources_for_failed_piece
- GUI Improve: update Chrome extension file in install package
- GUI Bugfix: The background color of the input box in some dialog boxes is abnormal
- GUI Bugfix: after modifies the save directory in the HTTP task properties dialog several times, the disk space is displayed in the wrong color
- GUI Bugfix: zero size file in the file list below torrent list should not be shown as a directory
- Core Improve: after the downloaded piece has an error in the hash check, try to re-download the entire piece from different peers
- Core Improve: support GBK encoding when parsing RSS XML data
- Core Improve: if the parameters submitted from remote download are incomplete, use the default save path and number of connections
- Core Bugfix: SNI should not be sent when the HTTPS connection hostname is an IP address
- Core Bugfix: In some cases, the magnet URI task fails to complete the metadata download
- Core Bugfix: the connections to web seed for HTTP resume detection are not closed in time
Changes in BitComet 1.86 (2022-02-28):
- GUI Improve: display task tags in left favorites bar
- GUI Improve: add copy LAN IP command to the context menu of listen port detect light
- GUI Improve: new proxy options: use proxy for HTTP, webpage or other network traffic
- GUI Improve: specify file save name, User-Agent, Cookie and mirror URLs when adding HTTP task in remote download webpage
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: task.stop_task_after_get_metadata
- GUI Bugfix: folder choose button not work in BitTorrent task properties dialog while downloading metadata
- GUI Bugfix: full URL of mirror servers added by user for HTTP task not displayed in Servers pane
- GUI Bugfix: RSS update countdown log info displayed repeatedly
- GUI Bugfix: settings of global download/upload speed limit displayed incorrectly in remote download webpage
- Core Bugfix: metadata request not sent to incoming peers sometimes when downloading magnet URI
- Core Bugfix: program may crash if super seeding enabled
Homepage – https://www.bitcomet.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Android 7.0 or later
Size: 23.5 MB