BitComet is a BitTorrent, HTTP, FTP download management software. It is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features allow to accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
Also supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded.
Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun. You don’t need to wait dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes.
And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding. Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share. Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI. Start BitTorrent download without .torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization. Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache. Memory cache reduces the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation. Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network. Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router).
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading. BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename. Automatic choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of avi, rmvb, wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Quick Resume. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download. Automatically finds mirror servers for the downloading file. Downloads data from these servers at the same time and increases download speed 300% or more.
- Multi-Section download. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support. Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
Download Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.61 (2019-11-04):
- GUI Improve: improve filter for auto torrent download from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: do not display unknown as name for tasks created from HTTP URL of torrent file
- GUI Improve: new command in context menu of RSS article list: copy torrent link
- GUI Improve: show tooltip when mouse hover on status column of peer list
- GUI Improve: check disk boost service when program starts, display fix notification if not installed
- GUI Improve: task finish popup changed to toast notification of Action Center in Windows 10
- GUI Improve: auto update interval of RSS feed changed to the shorter one of user setting and feed setting
- GUI Improve: add new setting bittorrent.anti_leech_banned_ports in Advanced page of Options window
- GUI Improve: The option window automatically adjusts the window size according to the minimum size of the page when switching pages
- GUI Improve: add search options box in Advanced page of Options window
- GUI Bugfix: the setting of max number of RSS article works incorrectly
- GUI Bugfix: refresh task properties dialog after meta-data downloaded right away
- GUI Bugfix: fix display problem of floating window with HiDPI scale
- GUI Bugfix: remove obsoleted option: display task properties dialog after meta-data downloaded for Magnet link
- GUI Bugfix: publisher info not displayed in BitTorrent task properties dialog
- GUI Bugfix: copy RSS feed URL will get RSS feed web-page URL
- Core Improve: Improve compatibility with XML file formats returned by RSS feeds
- Core Improve: for the option that start a new task from waiting queue when total download speed lower than setting value, also stop a slowest task at the same time
- Core Improve: switch to IE11 render mode for RSS web-page in Window 10
- Core Bugfix: The Magnet link task addition time is changed from the time of torrent file downloaded to the time of task created.
- Core Bugfix: problem about the auto refresh interval for RSS feeds
Changes in BitComet 1.60 (2019-10-21):
- GUI Improve: add new command to File menu: add torrents from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: add RSS page in Option window, to configure RSS feed auto refresh and RSS torrent auto download
- GUI Improve: new setting in RSS page of Option window: add tag to task using feed title when auto download torrent from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: new setting in RSS page of Option window: pause download when auto download torrent from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: new setting in RSS page of Option window: filters for RSS torrent auto download
- GUI Improve: add new commands to context menu of RSS list: Copy RSS feed URL, Open page in Browser
- GUI Improve: able to download torrents using multiple-selection in RSS article list
- GUI Improve: add toolbar to web page pane of RSS article
- GUI Improve: new column in task list: number of task files
- GUI Improve: improve display speed of opening Option windows
- GUI Improve: support copy text in multiple lines of Statistics pane
- Core Improve: add RSS feed auto refresh and RSS torrent auto download function
- Core Improve: display corresponding RSS article title in task log when add torrent from RSS feed
- Core Improve: improve disk reading cache for BitTorrent uploading, decrease UI lag
- Core Bugfix: fix memory leakage when connecting to trackers using HTTPS protocol
- Core Bugfix: fix bug in task merging when one task downloaded a torrent from HTTP having the same infohash as another task
Homepage – https://www.bitcomet.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).