BitComet is a BitTorrent, HTTP, FTP download management software. It is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features allow to accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
Also supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded.
Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun. You don’t need to wait dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes.
And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding. Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share. Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI. Start BitTorrent download without .torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization. Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache. Memory cache reduces the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation. Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network. Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router).
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading. BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename. Automatic choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of avi, rmvb, wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Quick Resume. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download. Automatically finds mirror servers for the downloading file. Downloads data from these servers at the same time and increases download speed 300% or more.
- Multi-Section download. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support. Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
Download Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.65 (2020-03-17):
- GUI Improve: Display left time in torrent making dialog
- GUI Improve: add more items to backup in Import/Export dialog from File menu
- GUI Improve: display torrent creation time and RSS article publication time in Summary page of torrent list separately
- GUI Improve: the publish time in torrent list changed from torrent creation time to RSS article publication time
- GUI Improve: add new commands to context menu of RSS list: Copy title
- GUI Improve: the publish time in torrent list can be updated by click Reload command in context menu of RSS torrent node in Channel list
- GUI Improve: improve port mapping error message
- GUI Improve: the start time of task renamed to added time
- GUI Improve: LT Seed number in file list of BT task changed to “connected/total”
- GUI Improve: new advanced option to set HTTP retry max number and interval for downloading torrent in BT task
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: network.tcp_connection_timeout
- GUI Improve: default setting of UDP packets sent per second changed from 100 to 500 in advanced option page
- GUI Improve: display task logs about downloading torrent file from HTTP link for BT task
- GUI Improve: add memory usage details in statistics page
- GUI Bugfix: task delete button in toolbar should not be grayed out when task is running
- Core Improve: support import and export Torrent History, Torrent Exchange, RSS Torrents, DHT Torrents via backup file
- Core Improve: improve DNS resolution for UDP packet to prevent sending congestion
- Core Improve: add error retry for BT task when downloading torrent file from HTTP link
- Core Improve: add TCP connecting timeout for automatic disconnection
- Core Bugfix: after one file downloaded from a LT Seed, no requests for downloading other file are sent
- Core Bugfix: out of memory due to huge number of peer requests to running BT task
- Core Bugfix: while proxy server enabled, the program may crash when exiting
- Core Bugfix: the max TCP connection setting should be cons considered when initiating a long-term download connection
- Core Bugfix: fix improper operation in executable file name safety checking
Changes in BitComet 1.64 (2020-01-15):
- GUI Improve: add new advanced option: Use toast notifications in action center under Windows 10 (Need to create shortcut in start menu)
- GUI Improve: the max connection number for HTTP download task changed from 20 to 200 in HTTP task properties window
- GUI Improve: the max default connection number for HTTP download task changed from 20 to 200 in option window
- GUI Improve: show notification when the paging file is too small for memory allocation
- GUI Improve: add info-tip for peer count, health and share ratio column in task download list
- GUI Improve: improve display for HiDPI
- GUI Bugfix: the display name parameter in the magnetic link caused the default save name of the downloaded file to be incorrect
- GUI Bugfix: issues on sorting torrent list by snapshot or comments
- GUI Bugfix: the speed graph not cleared after perform disk cleanup for HTTP task
- GUI Bugfix: the queuing state icon not displayed if the task is in error state
- GUI Bugfix: the function of sorting by task state not working for queuing tasks
- Core Improve: enhanced the ability of HTTP download tasks to detect server support for download resume
- Core Improve: reduce memory usage for torrent metadata download
- Core Improve: improve video file snapshot, support thumbnail, decrease loading time
- Core Improve: disable extra disk writing verify to decrease disk usage
- Core Bugfix: if auto file moving launched after hash check when BitTorrent download finished, the files been moved will bot be removed
- Core Bugfix: HTTP download should stop immediately after failure of creating file
- Core Bugfix: program may crash at exit
Changes in BitComet 1.63 (2019-12-20):
- GUI Improve: new RSS Torrents list in Torrent Exchange, to collect torrent info from RSS feeds
- GUI Improve: new DHT Torrents list in Torrent Exchange, to collect torrent info in peer request from DHT network
- GUI Improve: add Download Metadata command to context menu of torrent list, to obtain torrent meta-data without creating download task
- GUI Improve: add Logs pane to torrent list, to display logs when obtaining torrent meta-data
- GUI Improve: decrease displaying time of waiting state when loading web page of task comments and snapshots
- GUI Improve: new settings in Proxy option page: do not use proxy for long-term seeding and port forward detection
- GUI Improve: display RSS update logs when advanced option system.show_debug_info enabled
- GUI Improve: new option in context menu of DHT torrents in left channel pane: auto download meta-data
- GUI Improve: new advanced options: Max number of concurrent downloading meta-data, Timeout seconds of downloading meta-data
- GUI Bugfix: the default connection number in HTTP batch download window changed from 1 to the setting value in Option window
- GUI Bugfix: the speed graph not cleared after perform disk cleanup for BitTorrent task
- GUI Bugfix: when click the blank area in piece map scroll bar out of the thumb, page up or page down not triggered.
- GUI Bugfix: the status bar of main window flickers when refresh
- Core Improve: improve identification code of BitTorrent client name and version
- Core Improve: do not detect IPv6 port forward status if global IPv6 address not found in system
- Core Bugfix: fix moving operations of configuration files when switch use_app_data advanced option
- Core Bugfix: program may crash when force stop tasks in stopping state
- Core Bugfix: the option of clear Torrent Collection list at program exit does not work
- Core Bugfix: the passkey parameter in tracker URL for private torrent should not be removed for non-MagnetURI torrents received from RSS feed
- Core Bugfix: if no data received from RSS feed, the reconnection will not be preformed in certain case
- Core Bugfix: if the torrent turned out private after meta-data received, no trackers should be added automatically from trackers-list
Changes in BitComet 1.62 (2019-11-26):
- GUI Improve: a new option to seed using existing files when create task by torrent file, check piece hash until uploading the piece
- GUI Improve: improve refresh algorithm of piece map to decrease CPU usage
- GUI Improve: display a piece in yellow if the piece is unchecked in the piece map pane of BitTorrent task
- GUI Improve: improve display refreshing code of torrent share list, reduce the UI lag when display large amounts of torrents
- GUI Improve: a new prompt to choose download one by one or in batches when select multiple magnet links in torrent share list
- GUI Improve: add tooltip to display peer_id when mouse hover on client name of peer list
- GUI Improve: the default allowed max size of torrent file changed from 10MB to 20MB, and a new advanced option added: bittorrent.max_torrent_size_mb
- GUI Improve: boss key renamed to lock / unlock main window hot-key. password will be needed when unlock if startup password is set.
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: bittorrent.anti_leech_banned_peer_ids
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: bittorrent.anti_leech_private_torrent, disabled by default
- GUI Improve: show notification when out of memory
- GUI Improve: Task disk space cleanup can only be invoked when task stopped
- Core Improve: BT stop changes to asynchronous operation with new task Stopping state, to reduce the UI lag when stopping tasks
- Core Improve: improve processing flow to reduce the UI lag when task finishes downloading
- Core Improve: improve processing flow to reduce the UI lag when deleting running tasks
- Core Improve: discard cache data in running BitTorrent tasks when quit BitComet to reduce the UI lag
- Core Improve: improve processing flow of task start to reduce the UI lag
- Core Improve: improve processing flow of task progress auto save to reduce the UI lag
- Core Improve: the format of data file of torrent share list changed from xml to sqlite, conversation will be performed automatically when program launch
- Core Improve: reduce the memory consume for loading torrent share list, to avoid program crash due to large amounts of torrents
- Core Improve: use worker thread to save data file of torrent share list incrementally, to avoid UI lag caused by saving data file at program exit
- Core Improve: decrease CPU usage when uploading in high speed
- Core Improve: increase the max allowed length of request queue for BitTorrent task
- Core Improve: update BitTorrent client identification code for Tixati
- Core Improve: support retrieve peer client name and version from extension protocol, on the basis of the identification from peer_id
- Core Improve: auto fix mistaken creation date format in torrent file
- Core Bugfix: when completed task list selected in left pane, Magnet tasks downloading meta data should not be displayed
- Core Bugfix: fix data error from uploading disk cache in rare cases
Changes in BitComet 1.61 (2019-11-04):
- GUI Improve: improve filter for auto torrent download from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: do not display unknown as name for tasks created from HTTP URL of torrent file
- GUI Improve: new command in context menu of RSS article list: copy torrent link
- GUI Improve: show tooltip when mouse hover on status column of peer list
- GUI Improve: check disk boost service when program starts, display fix notification if not installed
- GUI Improve: task finish popup changed to toast notification of Action Center in Windows 10
- GUI Improve: auto update interval of RSS feed changed to the shorter one of user setting and feed setting
- GUI Improve: add new setting bittorrent.anti_leech_banned_ports in Advanced page of Options window
- GUI Improve: The option window automatically adjusts the window size according to the minimum size of the page when switching pages
- GUI Improve: add search options box in Advanced page of Options window
- GUI Bugfix: the setting of max number of RSS article works incorrectly
- GUI Bugfix: refresh task properties dialog after meta-data downloaded right away
- GUI Bugfix: fix display problem of floating window with HiDPI scale
- GUI Bugfix: remove obsoleted option: display task properties dialog after meta-data downloaded for Magnet link
- GUI Bugfix: publisher info not displayed in BitTorrent task properties dialog
- GUI Bugfix: copy RSS feed URL will get RSS feed web-page URL
- Core Improve: Improve compatibility with XML file formats returned by RSS feeds
- Core Improve: for the option that start a new task from waiting queue when total download speed lower than setting value, also stop a slowest task at the same time
- Core Improve: switch to IE11 render mode for RSS web-page in Window 10
- Core Bugfix: The Magnet link task addition time is changed from the time of torrent file downloaded to the time of task created.
- Core Bugfix: problem about the auto refresh interval for RSS feeds
Changes in BitComet 1.60 (2019-10-21):
- GUI Improve: add new command to File menu: add torrents from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: add RSS page in Option window, to configure RSS feed auto refresh and RSS torrent auto download
- GUI Improve: new setting in RSS page of Option window: add tag to task using feed title when auto download torrent from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: new setting in RSS page of Option window: pause download when auto download torrent from RSS feed
- GUI Improve: new setting in RSS page of Option window: filters for RSS torrent auto download
- GUI Improve: add new commands to context menu of RSS list: Copy RSS feed URL, Open page in Browser
- GUI Improve: able to download torrents using multiple-selection in RSS article list
- GUI Improve: add toolbar to web page pane of RSS article
- GUI Improve: new column in task list: number of task files
- GUI Improve: improve display speed of opening Option windows
- GUI Improve: support copy text in multiple lines of Statistics pane
- Core Improve: add RSS feed auto refresh and RSS torrent auto download function
- Core Improve: display corresponding RSS article title in task log when add torrent from RSS feed
- Core Improve: improve disk reading cache for BitTorrent uploading, decrease UI lag
- Core Bugfix: fix memory leakage when connecting to trackers using HTTPS protocol
- Core Bugfix: fix bug in task merging when one task downloaded a torrent from HTTP having the same infohash as another task
Homepage – https://www.bitcomet.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).