Acronis Files Connect (ExtremeZ-IP) makes easy to connect Macs to Windows File Servers and NAS. With Acronis Files Connect, Windows computers can provide Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) file sharing and IP-printing to Macintosh computers. Also it can provide TCP/IP, and AppleTalk print services.
At its core, it is an AFP server that runs on your Windows server and enables Macs to connect to file shares and NAS via Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) instead of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
When Mac users try to access Windows file servers and NAS devices, they typically suffer from poor performance, data integrity issues, slow searches, and many other problems. Acronis Files Connect solves these problems.
With Acronis Files Connect, Mac users can connect to and mount directories on a Windows file server just as if they also were native AppleShare volumes.
Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP) is optimized to provide the fastest file and print services available. That resolve common Mac/ Window file sharing issues. It also provides support for Apple technologies such as Network Spotlight full-content search and Time Machine backup.
Acronis Files Connect Key Features:
- AFP connection to file shares. With Acronis Files Connect, Macs connect to and mount file shares on Windows file servers and NAS as native AFP volumes. This allows Mac users to continue using the same tools and applications for accessing servers and printers.
- Full content Spotlight searching. Acronis Files Connect links Mac Spotlight to a server-side index that seamlessly integrates with the native Windows Search service. Or a built-in Acronis content indexer. Acronis Content Indexing can index filenames and content on any file share, including non-Windows and NAS devices.
- File access for mobile devices. Seamless file access is also provided for mobile devices (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) with intuitive browsing, searching, previewing, editing, and automatic synchronization.
- ShadowConnect. By leveraging the Microsoft’s Shadow Copy (VSS), ShadowConnect brings the ability to restore previous versions of files to Mac users, while providing enhanced browsing capabilities that make it easier than ever to find the file they’re looking for.
- Time Machine backup to file shares. Mac users’ documents can be automatically backed up to a Windows file server or NAS. And users can selectively restore previous versions directly from their desktop, without help desk intervention.
- Network Reshare and DFS support. With the Network Reshare feature, Mac clients can use AFP file sharing to connect to one Acronis server. Also it can access files and folders located on additional SMB file servers and NAS devices, as well as Distributed File System (DFS) file shares.
- File name policies support. You can configure to prevent the Mac client from actively saving, creating, or renaming files with characters that are “illegal” in Microsoft applications. Or with file name and path lengths that can cause issues for Windows users.
Changes in Acronis Files Connect 10.6.3 (November 28, 2018):
- This release has been tested to work with macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Implemented continuous indexing of Finder tags for AFP volumes.
- The File Name Policy Violation report is now based on the index that each volume is configured to use for Spotlight searches (Acronis Content Indexing or Windows Search Indexing) rather than the older Catalog Search Index.
- The File Name Policy Violation report can now be generated for network reshare volumes.
- Improved the UI of the Acronis Files Connect Mac client on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Dropped the requirement that end user accounts must have rights to the folder where the ACI index is stored.
- Fixed issues with searching for Finder tags.
- Fixed a bug with DFS volumes shared through the network reshare approach that could cause “Error code -36” in the Finder when moving folders within the volume.
- Fixed ineffective memory consumption that happened on installations with many ACI indexed volumes.
- Fixed ShadowConnect compatibility issue on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Homepage – https://www.acronis.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 SP1, 8, 10
- Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- Powered NAS
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later.
Size: 34.7 MB