uGet (formerly called urlgfe) is a download manager. It allows you to classify download, and allows you to import download from HTML files. Every category has an independent configuration that can be inherited by each download in that category.
uGet is a multi-platform download manager for Linux, BSD, Android and Windows. It is a lightweight yet powerful Open Source download manager with GTK+. It also comes packaged as a portable Windows app.
This applicaion is designed in a way so that it automatically adjust its appearance based on the color scheme and icons of the operating system it is installed on. Works with Light, Dark, and Hybrid themes instantly thanks to this adjustment mechanism.
uGet supports up to 16 simultaneous connections PER download. It allows you to download files in many segments to increase download speeds. The app also places downloads into a Queue to download as many, or as few, files simultaneously based on user preference per category. Pause and Resume downloads allows you to temporarily pause downloads without having to start the download from the beginning.
- CLIPBOARD MONITOR. Monitor various file types and any time you add them to your clipboard, uGet will prompt you to ask if you’d like to download those files.
- BATCH DOWNLOADS. Batch Downloads allows the user to add an unlimited amount of files in a batch to the queue for automatic downloading.
- DOWNLOADS QUEUE. Place downloads into a Queue to control the amount of files that can be downloaded simultaneously. After a download finishes, then uGet will automatically start downloading the next file in the queue.
- ADVANCED DOWNLOAD CATEGORIES. Download Categories allows a lot of control over a variety of features including Default Folders, Amount of Connections Used, Login Credentials, Amount of Active Downloads, Proxy Support, Speed Control, and much more.
- PAUSE/RESUME DOWNLOADS. Pause and Resume downloads allows you to temporarily pause downloads without having to start the download from the beginning.
- MULTIPLE MIRRORS/SOURCES. Multiple mirrors (aka sources) allows you to download a single file from many different servers. And then merge them together after the download has completed.
- AFTER COMPLETION ACTIONS. uGet allows you to tell the computer to perform actions after all downloads have completed. These actions include: Shutdown, Reboot, Sleep, Hibernate or run a custom script.
- MULTIPLE PROTOCOLS. uGet allows you to download from a variety of different protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, BitTorrent and Metalinks.
- COMMAND-LINE / TERMINAL. uGet offers the ability to use the command-line (via a terminal) to download files rather than exclusively using the graphic user interface.
- QUIET MODE. Using the Quiet Mode flag allows to add the downloads to a specific category automatically and begin downloading automatically, skipping the dialog properties popup.
- KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS. uGet has a robust set of Keyboard Shortcuts that allow you to use and navigate the application window without using your mouse.
- FTP LOGIN and ANONYMOUS FTP. Supports downloading from anonymous FTP as well as login support via Username and Password for private/protected FTP servers.
Changes in uGet 2.2.3: (2020-01-01):
- add parser for YouTube recently changed field.
Changes in uGet 2.2.2: (2019-05-20):
- use quicksort to sort downloads.
- backup torrent and metalink files.
- curl plug-in: handle duplicate files with double extensions.
Changes in uGet 2.2.1: (2018-03-08):
- reduce memory usage.
- mega plug-in: completed size should not be ‘-1’ if file size > 2G on a 32-bit system.
- adjust speed limit independently without enabling global speed limit.
- Fix: Can’t get 1080p video from YouTube.
- update translation files.
Changes in uGet 2.2.0: (2018-01-06):
- mega plug-in: create new plug-in for MEGA site.
- all plug-in: avoid crash if plug-in failed to start.
- Fix: some category/status doesn’t refresh it’s download list.
- update translation files.
Changes in uGet 2.1.6: (2017-08-24):
- User can use sorting in any category and status.
- curl plug-in: It can use ftruncate() to create large file.
- media plug-in: don’t use folder in path if folder == NULL.
- Fix: uGet doesn’t close File Descriptor when saving config file.
- Fix: category functions can’t work correctly. (2017-08-27)
- add translation files.
Homepage – https://ugetdm.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
- Android 4.0.3 or later