Free Download Manager (FDM) is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use, a full-featured download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Free Download Manager allows you to download files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never! With FDM you needn’t start the downloading from the beginning after casual interruption.
You can resume unfinished download from the place where it have been interrupted. Also this program warns you if some servers don’t support download resuming.
This Download Manager never downloads the whole file at once. FDM splits files into several sections and then downloads them at the same time allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%. Also it can be used to organize your downloads, set the connection, launch the programs.
Free Download Manager Features:
- Flash video download. Download video from video sites, such as Youtube, Google Video, etc. You can save the video in native .flv format or convert to one of more popular video formats.
- Bittorrent support. Download files using Bittorrent protocol.
- Upload manager. Easy way to share your files. Upload your files or folders easily to share them with other users.
- Remote Control. Create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via the internet.
- Portable mode. If you want to use FDM on different computers, you can easily create its portable version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each computer.
- Enhanced audio/video files support. Preview audio/video files before download is completed and convert file format after download.
- Download acceleration. Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously. That allows you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed.
- Resuming broken downloads. When the downloading process is interrupted, you don’t need start from the beginning again.
- Adjusting traffic usage. There are several traffic usage modes. You can adjust traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
- Site Explorer. Site Explorer lets you view the folders structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.
- HTML Spider. Download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. You can adjust this tool to download files with specified extensions only.
- Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors. FDM is able to download files from several mirrors simultaneously.
- Zip files partial download. Free Download Manager lets you download only the necessary part of a zip file.
- Absolutely free and 100% safe. Free Download Manager is free, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Changes in Free Download Manager 6.1.0 Build 1320 Alpha (2019-03-29):
- Minor interface improvements.
- General bug fixes.
Changes in Free Download Manager 5.1.38 Build 7312 (2019-01-31):
- General bug fixes.
Changes in Free Download Manager 3.9.7 Build 1641 (2018-11-15):
- Firefox: updated integration mechanism. Now FDM uses ffext2 WebExtension from AMO.
- Note for the users updating from previous versions: please remove old FDM extension from all Firefox profiles and close Firefox browser before installing and running updated FDM.
Homepage – https://www.freedownloadmanager.org
Supported Operating Systems: from Windows XP to Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) and Mac OS X 10.9 +.
Supported languages: Macedonian, Serbian, Albanian, Croatian, Korean, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese, Czech, German, Dutch. French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian. Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Uzbek, Greek, Vietnamese, Slovenian.
Size: 40.9 MB