Maxon CINEMA 4D – leading 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software. The software enables digital content creators around the world to produce highly engaging content quickly and easily.
It makes that for a variety of industries with all character tools, integrated stereographic capabilities, stream-lined multi-artist collaboration and physical rendering.
Maxon Cinema 4D contains all functions needed to create high-end 3D images and animations – start the application and start working, it’s that easy.
For those whose work demands more than the basic application, MAXON provides numerous modules that can be integrated seamlessly. CINEMA 4D Studio is the very best that MAXON has to offer for professional 3D artists.
As well as containing all of the features found in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize and Broadcast, CINEMA 4D Studio adds advanced character tools, hair, a physics engine and an unlimited clients network for rendering. The result is that Maxon CINEMA 4D Studio can tackle any project you throw at it with ease.
Despite being designed for advanced 3D, the extra tools found in CINEMA 4D Studio are still designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. Generating advanced 3D effects such as hair is surprisingly easy and fast, with Maxon CINEMA 4D doing much of the work for you. For example, hair will automatically swoosh and sway as you move your character around; and making thousands of objects collide with each other only takes a few mouse clicks to set up.
Import and export a variety of file formats, which lets you integrate it in almost any pipeline. The modeling toolset lets you work with parametric or polygonal objects, subsivision surfaces and all kinds of deformers and modifiers. The non-linear modeling lets you modify parametric objects at anytime and is lightweight and fast.
Materials and Textures
Available all standard and advanced options for creating the perfect surface for your models. Materials have 14 different channels and you can even customize channels for specific needs (e.g. game engines). Use images or movies as textures or advanced shaders such als Subsurface Scattering or Backlight. This software offers an industry-standard 3D painting toolset for high-end texturing.
When it comes to animation, CINEMA 4D Studio is a Jack of all trades. Of course it features all the standard animation tool you would expect from a high-end 3D package. But this Studio has so much more to offer: an advanced character animation toolset, all-new rigid and soft body dynamics, cloth simulation, event-based particle system, cloners and effectors and even natural Hair that waves in the wind.
Lighting and Rendering
CINEMA 4D Studio offers a wide variety of light and shadow types that can brighten up even the most challenging situations. And the render engine takes control of all available processor cores to get high-quality results as quickly as possible. But the Studio version offers tons of advanced lighting tools that go even further. IES lights for real life light distribution, global illumination for indirect lighting, a physical sky simulation to light outdoor scenes realistically and much more.
Workflow and Customization
Configure the program layout and you can create your own scripts or plugins.
- Placement Tools: Cinema 4D S24 sets the stage for creativity with intuitive and powerful tools for placing objects within a scene. Creating an environment, adding props and creative exploration is as simple as dragging-and-dropping objects onto one another, painting objects onto a surface, or allowing objects to fall into place with the help of dynamics.
- New Asset Browser: Makes it easy to find and use models, materials and other assets in your 3D scenes. Browse and search online or local asset databases, including a vast library of assets available to C4D subscribers. Assets are organized with rich metadata and keywords and are downloaded and cached locally on demand.
- Animation Workflow Enhancements: Cinema 4D S24 adds more powerful animation workflow enhancements and builds upon the success of character animation features introduced in R23. Everyone who creates keyframes will enjoy improved curve evaluation and other workflow enhancements, while Character Animators will enjoy even more powerful retargeting and pose workflows.
- Scene Manager/Scene Nodes: Experience first-hand how things are taking shape as work continues on Cinema 4D’s new core. Cinema 4D S24 introduces the Scene Manager, the spiritual successor to Cinema 4D’s Classic Object Manager. Use powerful node-based assets to construct procedural geometry or entire scenes in this new hierarchy-based view or view the same objects in a continually evolving Scene Nodes editor.
Homepage – https://www.maxon.net
Available in several languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, and more.
Minimum System Requirements Cinema 4D
- Windows: Windows 10 64-bit Version 1809 or higher
Intel 64-bit CPU or AMD 64-bit CPU with SSE3 support
8 GB RAM, recommended 16 GB
- macOS: macOS 10.14.6 or higher, macOS 10.15.7 is recommended due to a number of Metal enhancements which will improve the performance, stability and interaction with the viewport.
Intel-based Apple Macintosh or Apple M1-powered Mac
4 GB RAM, recommended 8 GB
- Linux Command-Line Rendering: CentOS 7, 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 64-bit
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), OpenGL graphics card supporting OpenGL 4.1 (dedicated GPU recommended)
The GPU renderer requires an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card on Windows or AMD on MacOS that supports OpenCL 1.2 or newer. Metal support requires MacOS 10.14.6 or newer. We recommend at least 4 GB VRAM for GPU rendering.
Minimum: NVIDIA Maxwell GPU (GeForce 900 series card or higher), AMD Polaris (AMD GCN 4) or higher (Radeon RX 400 card or higher), Intel Kaby Layke or newer supporting DirectX 12 with feature level 11.0
Minimum GPU Driver: NVIDIA 461.40, AMD 21.3.2, Intel 188.8.131.5268
- mac OS:
Metal: macOS GPUFamily1 v3 or higher (see about this Mac → System report → Graphics/Displays)
GPU: only official supported hardware by Apple (feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3+)
e-GPU: only official supported hardware (please refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544)
Size: 505 MB