AutoCAD Electrical 2022 is a toolset included with Autodesk AutoCAD. It helps you efficiently create, modify, and document electrical controls systems with an industry-specific toolset for electrical design. Also it lets you create panel layouts, schematic diagrams, and other electrical drawings.
Studies show that productivity increases to 80% with AutoCAD Electrical’s full-featured smart character and symbol libraries, real-time error checking tools and coil, contact reference and verification, and automatic PLC I/O drawings creation.
AutoCAD Electrical design software’s reporting tools further add to this powerhouses set of productivity tools as manual time consuming reporting and report updating is now a thing of the past, as the software can create multiple electrical design report types at the click of a button.
AutoCAD Electrical 2022 toolset features:
- Automatic report generation. Generate and update customized reports.
- DWG drawing of electrical system. Easily share DWG drawings with stakeholders.
- Easily manage projects. Use folders to organize drawings and reorder files for electrical drafting projects.
- PDF publishing. Publish schematics to multipage PDFs.
Electrical schematic design
- Wire numbering, component tagging. Reduce errors with automatic numbers for wires and tags for components.
- Circuit design and reuse. Use Circuit Builder for simple electrical design.
- Electrical schematic symbol libraries. Select from a rich library of electrical symbols.
- Real-time error checking. Catch problems before the build phase begins.
Electrical controls design
- Coil and contact cross-referencing. Keep track of parent/child contacts in real time.
- PLC I/O drawings from spreadsheets. Define a project’s I/O assignments.
- Catalog Browser for parts. Enhanced preview and direct component insertion.
- Interoperability with Inventor. Integrated mechatronics solution with Inventor.
Benefits of the Electrical toolset
Electrical toolset saves time through features including:
- A simple icon-menu-driven system which includes over 2,000 standards-based schematic symbols.
- Placing sequential or reference-based numbers on wires and components based on the chosen configuration with automatic ID tag generation.
- Setting up parent/child relations between electrical component symbols.
- Commands specifically designed for electrical schematic drawings.
Martz Technologies – Boosting efficiency with AutoCAD
Martz Technologies switched from AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD and the Electrical toolset for greater efficiency and additional features.
MartinCSI – Creating innovative solutions
MartinCSI relies on AutoCAD and the Electrical toolset for industrial manufacturing projects- including an ice cream sandwich filler machine..
Can Lines Engineering – Streamlining conveyor systems
Can Lines Engineering makes conveyor lines that get the job done quicker.
- SQL Catalog Support for Autodesk Vault. AutoCAD Electrical 2022 now supports the SQL catalog database for the Bill of Materials in Autodesk Vault.
- Trace. Trace provides a safe space to collaborate on drawing changes in the AutoCAD web and mobile apps without fear of altering the existing drawing. The analogy of trace is a virtual, collaborative tracing paper that’s laid over the drawing, allowing collaborators to add feedback right in the drawing.
- Count. Quickly and accurately count the instances of objects in a drawing. You can insert a table with the count data into the current drawing.
- Floating Drawing Windows. You can now drag a drawing file tab off of the AutoCAD application window, making it a floating window.
- Share Current Drawing. Share a link to a copy of the current drawing to view or edit in the AutoCAD web app. All related DWG xrefs and images are included.
- Push to Autodesk Docs (Subscription Benefit). Push to Autodesk Docs allows teams to view digital PDFs in the field for reference. Use Push to Autodesk Docs to upload AutoCAD drawings as PDFs to a specific project on Autodesk Docs.
- Start Tab Redesign. The Start Tab has been redesigned to provide a consistent welcome experience for Autodesk products.
- 3D Graphics Technical Preview. This release includes a Technical Preview of a completely new cross platform 3D graphics system being developed for AutoCAD, leveraging all the power of modern GPUs and multi-core CPUs to offer a smooth navigation experience for much larger drawings than in prior releases.
- Installer. The 2022 products provide a new, faster, more reliable install and deployment experience.
- SQL Timeout Variable. Modify the SQL timeout when connected to the SQL server.
- Unicode Support for LISPSYS. All LISPSYS system variable options are now available in non-English versions of AutoCAD Electrical toolset.
- Manufacturer Catalog Content. New manufacturer catalog content are available in the AutoCAD Electrical 2022 toolset.
- Icon Design: The symbol icons in some dialog boxes are replaced with the new flat design icons.
- Project-Wide Utility: The project-wide utilities can purge all blocks in the selected drawings within the project at the first attempt.
- Export: The drawing order in the exported spreadsheet matches the order in the Project Manager.
- Report: No more missing items in the printed PDF for letter and legal paper sizes from the Wire Label Report.
- Catalog Lookup: Inserting a footprint works when the WD_XCAT is defined in the wd.env file to use the external routine for catalog lookup.
- Symbol Builder: The insertion point and orientation checks are removed from the Symbol Audit for panel symbols.
- Terminal: Multiple catalog information is synced when editing and associating across the multilevel terminals.
- Title Block: When updating title blocks, the position and justification attributes of the title blocks are maintained in the inactive drawings.
- Vault: Additional column values, such as USER1, USER2, and so on, in the catalog database are available in the Vault Bill of Material. These column values are available in all options of the catalog lookup preference including MISC_CAT in the project settings.
- Other enhancements: The position of the Surf and Edit Terminal Jumpers dialog boxes now persists.
Homepage – https://www.autodesk.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit).
- macOS Mojave 10.14, Catalina 10.15, Big Sur 11
Sizae: 2.90 GB