Adobe InDesign 2021 software provides precise control over typography and built-in creative tools for designing, preflighting, and publishing documents for print, online, or to mobile devices. Include interactivity, animation, video, and sound in page layouts to fully engage readers.
Adobe InDesign 2021 lets create beautiful page layouts for alternate page sizes or devices. Efficiently design for print, tablets, and other screens. Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to publish interactive digital publications for tablets.
Design a rich array of interactive documents from digital brochures, to eBooks to interactive magazines. Quickly create stunning print work using a variety of productivity and production tools including simplified object selection and editing, Live Preflight, PDF export in the background, custom print presets and more. Export your documents as SWF for playback in the Flash player or interactive PDF.
Adobe InDesign 2021 is faster, sharper, more connected. Under-the-hood improvements and native 64-bit support make working on even the most complex documents speedier. And now, you can share work directly from InDesign and get access to new features the moment they’re released. Your entire creative world, together in one place. Only in Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe InDesign 2021 ensures new performance boosts, including 64-bit support. Offers Retina display support, QR code creation, better EPUB files, a sleeker UI, and the Adobe Exchange panel in Adobe InDesign. With this software your creative process becomes seamless, intuitive, and more connected.
Adobe InDesign 2021 Features:
- Faster performance. Under-the-hood improvements throughout Adobe InDesign keep you working quickly and smoothly. Harness all of your system’s RAM with native 64-bit support. See the greatest improvements in speed and stability when printing and when exporting PDF and INX files.
- Modern UI. Adobe InDesign has a new look. Because the updated user interface is consistent with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, it’s easier to work across your Adobe applications.
- HiDPI and Retina display support. From text to complex artwork, every element of your design will have greater clarity and vibrancy, thanks to support for the high-resolution Retina display on the new MacBook Pro.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- Font search and filter. Find the perfect font – fast. Type any portion of a font name, such as “bold,” “semicondensed,” “italic,” or any part of a font family name, and see only the fonts that match your criteria.
- Instant font preview. Quickly see how different fonts look in your layout. Use the arrow keys to browse through fonts and see each one applied to your selected text. When you find the best fit for your design, just click its name or press Enter to make your choice.
- QR Code Creator. Create crisp, clear QR codes right within InDesign. You can resize vector codes without compromising quality and copy them into applications like Illustrator. At any point, you can edit the QR code directly within InDesign.
- Print publishing. Print long and short documents directly to a desktop printer or as PDF files for professional printing. Work efficiently thanks to Adaptive Design Tools, productivity tools, and more.
- Digital publishing. Create many kinds of digital documents. Develop sophisticated content for popular tablets by pairing InDesign with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. Design eBooks for popular devices, including Kindle and Nook. Export interactive layouts as SWF or PDF files.
- iPad apps without coding. Create iPad apps without writing code. Access Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition (part of Creative Cloud) from within InDesign and use familiar tools to develop iPad apps.
- Preflight and production tools. Speed up production and reduce errors with live preflighting of print and digital documents, document-installed fonts, background PDF export, JDF technology, and PDF/X export.
- Robust text composition. Create sophisticated text with precise typography. Efficiently design type with styles, text wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType support, drop caps, style mapping for EPUB export, and more.
- Automation. Create powerful automated workflows using standards-based XML features to lay out pages with text and images. Incorporate database-driven content to publish across channels.
- EPUB enhancements. New features make it easier to produce high-quality EPUB files from Adobe InDesign CC. You have greater control over the table of contents and CSS export, and CSS editing is simpler. You can also map object styles to tags so they export appropriately.
- Persistent text-frame fitting. Set frames to automatically resize to fit your text, based on simple parameters. With persistent text-frame fitting, frames expand and shrink dynamically as you edit headlines, callouts, or other variable content.
- PDF forms within. Design PDF forms without leaving InDesign. You can add interactive form fields, and even assign the tab order using the Articles panel, before you export your document to PDF.
Stability and performance
- InDesign freezes when auto-size or frame fitting is applied to anchored frames.
- [macOS only] Asset Link Panel and Creative Cloud Libraries panel freezes in InDesign 2021.
- InDesign crashes when you click the number of type 1 fonts in the info bar after closing the affected document.
- Recomposition of text freezes InDesign for some instances.
User experience improvements
- When GPU is enabled in InDesign, the document display is affected on opening in an external screen.
- AdobeXMPScript library fails to load.
- Some glyphs do not appear in the exported PDF from an InDesign document with placed pdf file containing Type0 font glyphs.
Core feature and workflow
- Cannot create new document using Cmd-N dialog for some cases.
- Variable fonts appears incorrect when Roman rotation in vertical text is applied.
- URL information is missing in the Hyperlinks panel in InCopy.
- Incorrect order of footnotes appears in scripting when numbering is set to restart every page or section.
- In InDesign, the highlight color of overlapping highlight comments is incorrect.
- Variable Font added to CC Libraries in Illustrator loses its attributes on placing in InDesign.
- Mark attachments do not appear at correct positions for Variable Font.
- Every alternate character of the composite font appears incorrectly in InDesign.
What’s New in Adobe InDesign 2021 Build 16.2:
Stability and performance
- [macOS only] The character sequence -xx’-x crashes InDesign/InCopy when German language is applied on it.
- [macOS only] InDesign crashes in PlugPlugOwl.
- [macOS only] Creative Cloud Libraries panel freezes in InDesign 2021.
Improvement to new features
- In the Share for Review workflow, some review comments do not appear in the InDesign document but appear fine in the browser version and in the Comments panel.
- Share for Review panel is blank on trying to initiate a new Share for Review.
- [macOS only] Strange fill in characters of some Variable Fonts.
- Fonts are activated unintentionally from Adobe Fonts when same fonts are available in the Fonts folder.
- Password-protected public link of Share for Review won’t open in browser.
- [macOS] Some text is missing or appears displaced when importing PDF created from Canva.
Core feature and workflow
- The Extendscript support for Navigation Points inside a movie causes some error in InDesign 2021 (16.0).
- HSB colors in Swatches and Color panels work incorrectly when the Color Settings is set to “Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off”.
- ALT text for hyperlinks is incorrectly placed in Tagged PDF.
- GREP Find/Change: “Beginning of Paragraph” search does not find all the results.
- [Japanese only] Find Format and Change Format sections missing from the Find/Change dialog.
- Artifact Tag that is set for Paragraph Styles gets ignored in exported PDF on some locales.
- The Length slider on Japanese Variable Fonts is moving incorrectly on vertical typesetting.
- Adding a single swatch to the library is also creating a duplicate.
- Exporting jpgs (while overwriting an existing jpg) results in no file when attempting to save to a network drive.
- InCopy ignores the empty paragraph at the beginning of a story.
- [Win only] VB Script can be executed only after InDesign is launched in Admin mode at least once.
Homepage – https://www.adobe.com/products/indesign.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10.
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Size: 879 MB