Realtek AC’97 Audio Driver for Windows 7 and Vista supports all ALC series audio chipsets from ALC101 up to ALC861. It is used as onboard sound on many motherboards. Compatible with ALC-101/201/202/203/250/650/655/658/850 chipsets.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Featuring four 16-bit two-channel DACs and a stereo 16-bit ADC, the ALC850 is an AC’97 Rev 2.3 compatible multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC multimedia systems.
The ALC850 incorporates proprietary converter technology and fully meets performance requirements for PC99/2001 systems.
Four pairs of stereo outputs, with 5-bit volume control and multiple stereo and mono inputs, along with flexible mixing, and gain and mute functions, provide a complete integrated audio solution for PCs.
The ALC850 supports host/soft audio from Intel ICHx chipsets, as well as audio controller-based VIA/SiS/ALi/AMD/nVIDIA/ATI chipsets. Bundled Windows series (98/ME/NT/2000/XP) and Linux drivers, EAX/Direct Sound 3D/I3DL2/A3D compatible sound effect utilities (supporting Karaoke, 26 types of environment sound emulation, 10-band equalizer), HRTF 3D positional audio, and Sensaura 3D (optional), providing an excellent entertainment package and game experience for PC users. In addition, the ALC850 is embedded with an impedance sensing capability to detect when a device has been connected to input or output jacks.
Realtek AC 97 Vista Driver Features:
- Meets performance requirements for audio on PC99/2001 systems
- Meets Microsoft WHQL/WLP 2.0 audio requirements
- Eight-channel DA converter (48KHz)
- Stereo AD converter (48KHz)
- Complies with AC’97 Rev 2.3 specifications:
- Integrated PCBEEP generator
- Interrupt capability
- Page and analog Plug and Play registers
- Jack sensing on Front-Out, Surround-Out, Cen/LFE-Out, Surround-Back-Out, Mic-In, Line-In, and Front-Mic-In
- Three analog line-level stereo inputs with 5-bit volume control: Line-In, CD, Aux
- High-quality differential CD input
- Two analog line-level mono inputs: PCBEEP, Phone-In
- A dedicated stereo Front-Mic input for front panel applications
- Line-In, Aux, and Mic-In can be shared with Surround-Out, Surround-Back-Out, and Cen/LFE-Out. (FlexJack)
- +20dB boost preamplifier for Mic input
- Both Front-Out and Surround-Out integrate 50mW/20ohm amplifiers
- External Amplifier Power Down (EAPD)
- Power management and enhanced power saving features
- Stereo Mic record for AEC/BF application
- Supports Power-Off CD operation
- Adjustable VREFOUT control
- Supports 48KHz S/PDIF output
- Supports 32K/44.1K/48KHz S/PDIF input
- Three Universal Audio Jacks (UAJ): Front-Out, Line-In, and Mic-In
- Six Jack Detect pins for automatic jack sensing
- Power support: Digital: 3.3V; Analog: 3.3V/5V
- Standard 48-pin LQFP package
- EAX 1.0 and 2.0 compatible
- Direct Sound 3D compatible
- A3D compatible
- I3DL2 compatible
- HRTF 3D positional audio
- Sensaura 3D Enhancement (optional)
- 10-band Software Equalizer
- Voice cancellation and key shifting in Karaoke mode
- AVRack Media Player
- Configuration Panel for enhanced user experience
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Homepage – https://www.realtek.com.com
Size: 29.6 MB