NovaStor NovaBACKUP is the #1 rated PC backup and recovery software for Windows laptops and workstations. It offers top-notch computer backup protection combined with the fastest performance. You can choose between file-level or image-level backups.
That means you can backup individual files, or your entire hard drive. In addition, file copy lets you make drag-and-drop backups of files and folders, with the option of ignoring duplicates.
Also the streamlined Disaster Recovery restores all of your data in the event of a crash. It’s everything you need, with none of the hassle.
NovaBACKUP guards your data with military-grade, 256-bit AES encryption so your files stay protected until it’s time to recover them.
Backup your files, images, videos and more to local devices or to the cloud. Now you can also securely backup to popular file sharing services that you already use like Dropbox, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, iDriveSync, SkyDrive and SafeSync.
NovaBACKUP 19 tested 4x faster than the nearest competitor. And you can use automatic scheduling to backup bit-level or incremental changes, in between your full backups – ensuring your data is always protected, without needing to continuously run full backups.
A backup is only as good your ability to restore from it, and the new NovaBACKUP 19 offers up to 4x faster restores – without compromising reliability. The newly developed logic builds an index into your backups for the fastest backup import speeds ever.
NovaBACKUP PC utilizes new technology which uses multi-threaded I/O process to allow overlapping of file read and write operations for both backup and restore for faster processing, without compromising data integrity.
NovaBACKUP Professional is the choice for home and workstation computers and laptops. Integrated with easy to use wizards and schedulers, backup and data protection has never been this easy or complete.
NovaBACKUP Server is a reliable and cost-effective data protection and recovery software to protect critical information stored on your Windows server system. Create and manage easily your backup procedures and automated schedules. With detailed instruction wizards and fast installation, your business will be safe within minutes without the requirement for an IT specialist.
NovaBACKUP 19 features:
- Physical and virtual machine backup. Support for both physical and virtual environments (Hyper-V and VMware) from a single license, single installation, and single interface.
- Disaster Recovery. Always have an exact copy of your entire system, from operating system down to your email settings, so you can completely restore your entire system in just minutes.
- Dissimilar hardware restores. With true Universal Restore, you can restore your system to an entirely new system, even with dissimilar hardware quickly and easily using a bootable media device.
- Secure 256-bit AES encryption. Guard your data with military-grade, 256-bit encryption to ensure that your critical and confidential data is secure at all times.
- Advanced scheduler. allows you to setup a personalized backup schedule to enable and disable backup jobs on your days of choice.
- Single mailbox restore for Exchange. Easily search for and recover individual mailboxes, down to the item level within Microsoft Exchange.
- Direct streaming for backups. Backup Microsoft SQL, Exchange, VMware, and Hyper-V directly without temporary caching for up to 400% faster backups.
- Single file restore for virtual machines. Using file-level restore, you can restore individual files, subdirectories, or entire drives from your virtual machines.
- Simplified virtual backups. Manage Hyper-V and VMware virtual backups from a single platform, and advanced backup tasks in just a few clicks.
NovaBACKUP 19 additional features:
- Virtual machine replication. Easily copy Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines for testing, upgrading hardware, and disaster recovery purposes.
- Improved boot disk creation. Boot disks can be saved to a USB drive, allowing users without a CD/DVD drive to backup their data quickly and easily.
- Fast and streamline installation. One small installation, with no additional plug-ins required. Up to 25x smaller installer than the competition.
- Up to 4x faster than the competition. NovaBACKUP Professional tested 458% faster than the nearest competitor, and NovaBACKUP Server and Business Essentials tested 133% faster.
- DR encryption directly from CMC. Get enhanced data security, improved data monitoring and backup management while you’re away from the office.
- Enhanced smart log functionality. View just an overview displayed in HTML format, or dig several layers deeper for detailed information to help you find and resolve any issues you encounter.
- Exclude files option. Reduce your backup window and storage space requirements by manually excluding non-essential files, folders or file formats from your backups.
Changes in NovaBACKUP 19.6.1118.3:
- Added the ability to add, view, edit, and delete network devices.
- Improved error message logging, performance, and maximized default communication channels, concurrency, and timeouts, IIS queue limits and worker processes, and database pool size.
- Added the ability to unmount a virtual machine disk image (VHDX).
- Fixed issue where the Agents and Groups page doesn’t always display the last backup date.
- Fixed issue where the backup client fails to upgrade with the error message “Failed to find node …“ in specific environments.
- Fixed issue where a scheduled image backup with a network destination and overwrite enabled fails if the backup file already exists.
Changes in NovaBACKUP 19.6.1012.1:
- It supports the 3-2-1 Backup Rule, which states: Have 3 copies of your data; stored on 2 different types formats (i.e. tape, disk, cloud, etc.), with 1 kept off-site (cloud for example).
- It’s also easy to access and cost-effective. Shield yourself and your business from ransomware, disasters, hardware crashes, computer theft and accidental deletion by quickly restoring your data at any time.
- Save resources and storage space. Our cloud storage is affordable and scalable.
- Stay compliant with industry regulations like HIPAA, FERPA and GLBA. All data stored in the NovaBACKUP Cloud is encrypted, compressed and hosted in our secure US data center.
Cloud Service Improvements
- Ability to sell cloud services to new and existing perpetual customers.
- Ability to sell cloud services to active NovaCare customers.
- Ability to sell cloud services to expired NovaCare customers.
- Improved cloud purchase and upgrade flow from within the backup client.
- Improved CMon/Cloud account creation flow from within the backup client.
- Improved UI and UX for re-attaching cloud storage devices.
- Improved UI for connecting a cloud storage device.
- NovaBACKUP Cloud (xSP) restore of SQL and Exchange to an alternate location includes all pertinent files like a local restore would.
- NovaBACKUP Cloud (xSP) plug-ins (SQL, VMWare, System State) allow restoration of different versions.
- Ability to restore SQL or Exchange to an alternate location that does not have SQL or Exchange.
- Progress bar displays for building cache files for Exchange and SQL backups, and for Exchange restores.
More Recently Added Features:
- Added support for Windows 10 April 2020 Cumulative Update (version 1909).
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Added support for Microsoft Exchange 2019.
- Cloud backup account creation and login flow optimized in CMon.
What’s New in NovaBACKUP 19.x
- If you are experiencing trouble please see the 19.x Update Process
- Added create an image directly into VHDX format, which means your image backups can now be directly used as a Hyper-V machine within minutes. With this feature, recovering from a disaster can be faster and easier. The Microsoft VHDX format supports > 2TB drives & UEFI.
- Added support for Windows Server 2019 (and Hyper-V 2019)
- Certified for Windows 10
- Supports Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)
- Supports Windows 10 April 2020 Cumulative Update (version 1909)
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server versions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (19.1)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (19.5)
- Added support for Microsoft Exchange 2019 (19.5)
- Improved performance of import and restore operations for file-based backups
- Increased speeds when scanning, indexes are now stored with backup media
- Import now takes minutes (previous versions could take hours)
- Added Korean language support
- New NovaStor LogCollector.exe utility created for support requests
- New feature to collect logs for support tickets integrated in to the backup client in Help > Run Log Collector. (19.4)
- Updated Image Backup System
- Added direct to Microsoft VHDX and VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) feature to scheduled and on-demand image backup.
- Updated Image Backup Boot Disk creation to use the latest Windows 10 ADK
- Completely new boot media that fixes a large number of issues that have been reported.
- The software will no longer automatically hold any failed job for any reason, all completed jobs will be rescheduled according to their schedule settings
- Updated CMon with a New HTML User Interface
- Added the ability to add, view, edit, and delete network devices. (19.6)
- Added new user role permissions “View Storage Server Groups” and “Edit Storage Server Groups”. (19.6)
- Added the ability to select the storage server groups users are able to manage. (19.6)
- Removed Windows XP & Windows Server 2003 specific code and support.
- We removed old code in the engine to take advantage of newer libraries, allowing for a smaller footprint and more reliability.
- Removed FTP code and support in NovaBACKUP backup client version 19.1 and newer.
- Microsoft Support Policy EoL (End of Life) notes:
- Please see Microsoft Products Ending Support in the Microsoft Docs system. NovaBACKUP is only able to provide assistance for products that are still supported by Microsoft.
- As Per Microsoft’s Support Policy, the following Operating Systems are no longer supported by Microsoft as of January 14. 2020.
- Windows 7 (all editions),
- Windows Server 2008,
- Windows Server 2008 R2,
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 as this is built on Windows Server 2008 R2
- See the Microsoft Product Lifecycle page for more information.
- As Per Microsoft’s Support Policy, the following Programs are no longer supported as of October 13, 2020.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (all editions)
- NovaBACKUP 19 should still work, but any Technical Support will be limited.
Homepage – https://www.novabackup.com
NovaBACKUP Professional runs on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
NovaBACKUP Server runs on Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
Business Essentials supports environments with Exchange, SQL, VMware and Hyper-V Servers.
Size: 283 MB