NovaStor NovaBACKUP is the #1 rated PC backup and recovery software for Windows laptops and workstations. It offers top-notch computer backup protection combined with the fastest performance. You can choose between file-level or image-level backups.
That means you can backup individual files, or your entire hard drive. In addition, file copy lets you make drag-and-drop backups of files and folders, with the option of ignoring duplicates.
Also the streamlined Disaster Recovery restores all of your data in the event of a crash. It’s everything you need, with none of the hassle.
NovaBACKUP guards your data with military-grade, 256-bit AES encryption so your files stay protected until it’s time to recover them.
Backup your files, images, videos and more to local devices or to the cloud. Now you can also securely backup to popular file sharing services that you already use like Dropbox, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, iDriveSync, SkyDrive and SafeSync.
NovaBACKUP 19 tested 4x faster than the nearest competitor. And you can use automatic scheduling to backup bit-level or incremental changes, in between your full backups – ensuring your data is always protected, without needing to continuously run full backups.
A backup is only as good your ability to restore from it, and the new NovaBACKUP 19 offers up to 4x faster restores – without compromising reliability. The newly developed logic builds an index into your backups for the fastest backup import speeds ever.
NovaBACKUP PC utilizes new technology which uses multi-threaded I/O process to allow overlapping of file read and write operations for both backup and restore for faster processing, without compromising data integrity.
NovaBACKUP Professional is the choice for home and workstation computers and laptops. Integrated with easy to use wizards and schedulers, backup and data protection has never been this easy or complete.
NovaBACKUP Server is a reliable and cost-effective data protection and recovery software to protect critical information stored on your Windows server system. Create and manage easily your backup procedures and automated schedules. With detailed instruction wizards and fast installation, your business will be safe within minutes without the requirement for an IT specialist.
NovaBACKUP 19 features:
- Physical and virtual machine backup. Support for both physical and virtual environments (Hyper-V and VMware) from a single license, single installation, and single interface.
- Disaster Recovery. Always have an exact copy of your entire system, from operating system down to your email settings, so you can completely restore your entire system in just minutes.
- Dissimilar hardware restores. With true Universal Restore, you can restore your system to an entirely new system, even with dissimilar hardware quickly and easily using a bootable media device.
- Secure 256-bit AES encryption. Guard your data with military-grade, 256-bit encryption to ensure that your critical and confidential data is secure at all times.
- Advanced scheduler. allows you to setup a personalized backup schedule to enable and disable backup jobs on your days of choice.
- Single mailbox restore for Exchange. Easily search for and recover individual mailboxes, down to the item level within Microsoft Exchange.
- Direct streaming for backups. Backup Microsoft SQL, Exchange, VMware, and Hyper-V directly without temporary caching for up to 400% faster backups.
- Single file restore for virtual machines. Using file-level restore, you can restore individual files, subdirectories, or entire drives from your virtual machines.
- Simplified virtual backups. Manage Hyper-V and VMware virtual backups from a single platform, and advanced backup tasks in just a few clicks.
NovaBACKUP 19 additional features:
- Virtual machine replication. Easily copy Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines for testing, upgrading hardware, and disaster recovery purposes.
- Improved boot disk creation. Boot disks can be saved to a USB drive, allowing users without a CD/DVD drive to backup their data quickly and easily.
- Fast and streamline installation. One small installation, with no additional plug-ins required. Up to 25x smaller installer than the competition.
- Up to 4x faster than the competition. NovaBACKUP Professional tested 458% faster than the nearest competitor, and NovaBACKUP Server and Business Essentials tested 133% faster.
- DR encryption directly from CMC. Get enhanced data security, improved data monitoring and backup management while you’re away from the office.
- Enhanced smart log functionality. View just an overview displayed in HTML format, or dig several layers deeper for detailed information to help you find and resolve any issues you encounter.
- Exclude files option. Reduce your backup window and storage space requirements by manually excluding non-essential files, folders or file formats from your backups.
Changes in NovaBACKUP 19.4.916:
General features and fixes:
- Added support for Windows 10 August 2019 and September 2019 Cumulative updates.
- New feature to collect logs for support tickets integrated in to the backup client in Help > Run Log Collector.
- Added support in LogCollector Utility to request from WMI a list of Installed Programs.
- Fixed issue with scheduled jobs that failed to not run again until they were modified.
- Fixed issue if no medium is inserted into LTO tape drive NovaBACKUP client waits forever.
- Fixed issues with LogCollector Utility copying
ProgramData\..\..\Temp\files. It only copies .log files now.
- Fixed issue when utilizing environment variables in the backup job/script.
- Fixed issue with Custom Commands impersonation levels (Run As).
- Fixed NovaBACKUP GUI crashes after installing July 2019 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems (KB4507460).
- Install August 2019 CU for Server 2016 to fix this.
- Fixed Tab order is wrong when configuring Email notification in the backup client.
- Removed Windows XP & Windows Server 2003 specific code and support. We removed old code in the engine to take advantage of newer libraries, allowing for a smaller footprint and more reliability.
Image backup related features and fixes:
- Fixed issue retention does not delete differential Image Backup files.
- Fixed issue VHD and VHDX created by Image Backup does not boot.
- Fixed issue Scheduled Image Backup fails to start if nsService is running as a user account.
- Fixed issue where the progress bar in the Support tab during image backup shows no progress or flashes.
- Fixed issue where Image Backup creates a temp file named “Temp131975668423224168” in root dir C: and backup destination device; the file could only be deleted after reboot. It no longer creates this file.
CMon related features and fixes:
- New feature to query the Application Update Server to check for updates to CMon.
- New feature to be able to send a welcome email to a newly created CMon user.
- Added the ability for CMon admin to generate a report for all CMon users via “Export to CSV” button.
- Added the ability for a CMon user to generate a report for their cloud storage accounts
- Added a global option to disable CMon user registration.
- Added feature to allow an admin to change the Storage Server Group when adding a new user.
- Added feature to allow a CMon user to change the restorable window, number of computers, and quota settings for their cloud storage accounts.
- Added feature to create a unique Storage Server group for each CMon user.
- Added more remote manager like functionality to support MSP’s that want to manage cloud accounts.
- Fixed issue with intermittent errors adding Cloud Storage device through the Cloud button.
- Fixed deleting a Cloud Storage account throws an error and doesn’t delete the Cloud Storage Account.
HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invaliderror when a license key is appended with a new line character.
- Fixed issue with registered user goes to not enabled when it should stay as enabled.
- Fixed issue
ManagementServer.Service.ScheduledTask.exetaking excessive CPU time.
Cloud (xSP) related features and fixes:
- Added “undelete” feature to backup server storage restore utility.
- Added optimizations to the code for Cloud (xSP) Storage Server device, to improve performance and stability.
- Fixed issue with local Cloud (xSP) device restore does not allow for restoration of different versions, only latest version is restored.
- Fixed issue with Cloud (xSP) local data restore, when changing the device configuration to restore from local storage instead of the Storage Server for Cloud (xSP) data restore.
- Fixed issue trying to restore an Cloud (xSP) backup to an alternate location on a different volume fails.
- Fixed issue Scheduled Cloud (xSP) backup when using the option to use my current windows credentials passes nothing when connected via RDP.
- Fixed blocking dialog box, stating
A connection could not be established to the Backup Server.., in the client when backing up to Cloud (xSP) Storage Server that is not available, as it stops other backups.
- Fixed issue Cloud (xSP) Storage Server configuration manager ‘Tools’ menu in account properties cannot handle username with a space.
- Fixed issue Cloud (xSP) Storage Server move user data cannot handle paths over 255 characters.
- Fixed issue Cloud (xSP) Storage Server account roll-ups, if canceled midway through roll-up, can put accounts over quota.
- Fixed issue Cloud (xSP) clients that pull a license from the Storage Server can sometimes expire and not pull a new license.
- Fixed issue
exception AssertionFailed0 : assertion violation for expression 'tokenHandle != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE'.
What’s new in Granular Restore 188.8.131.52276 ?
- Granular Restore 184.108.40.206276 contains support for newer Exchange Server versions, improvements in functionality and bug fixes.
- You can check your installed version from within the Granular Restore application to see what version is installed.
- NovaBACKUP will support Exchange Server 2019 backups starting in NovaBACKUP 19.5.
- New major features and improvements:
- Numerous fixes related to reading Exchange 2019 databases.
- Optimization of the execution time of operations.
- Fixes associated with previous versions.
What’s New in NovaBACKUP 19.x
- Added create an image directly into VHDX format, which means your image backups can now be directly mounted by a Hyper-V machine within minutes. With this feature, recovering from a disaster can be faster and easier than ever. The Microsoft VHDX format supports hard drives larger than 2 TB and UEFI, as opposed to the VHD format.
- Added support for Windows Server 2019 (and Hyper-V 2019)
- Certified for Windows 10 and supports Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Improved performance of import and restore operations for file-based backups
- Increased speeds when scanning, indexes are now stored with backup media
- Import now takes minutes (previous versions could take hours)
- Added Korean language support
- New NovaStor LogCollector.exe utility created for support requests
- Updated Image Backup System
- Added direct to Microsoft VHDX and VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) feature to scheduled and on-demand image backup. The Microsoft VHDX format supports hard drives larger than 2 TB and UEFI, as opposed to the VHD format.
- Updated Image Backup Boot Disk creation to use the latest Windows 10 ADK
- Completely new boot media that fixes a large number of issues that have been reported.
- Updated CMon with a New HTML User Interface
- Removed FTP code and support in NovaBACKUP backup client version 19.1 and newer.
Homepage – https://www.novastor.com
NovaBACKUP Professional runs on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
NovaBACKUP Server runs on Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016.
Business Essentials supports environments with Exchange, SQL, VMware and Hyper-V Servers.
Size: 365 MB