DiskGenius software is the professional all-in-one solution for data recovery, partition manager, backup and restore with additional disk utilities. This software is preferred by IT professionals, technicians and service providers.
This professional data recovery software will help you get back lost files or partitions and recover RAW drive with ease. It precisely recovers lost data from deleted or formatted RAW drive, partition loss, OS crash and a number of other data loss situations.
Apart from basic functions on data recovery, partition management and data backup, the Professional Edition provides more advanced and notable functions such as hex editor, image disk, construct virtual RAID, encrypted partition recovery, manage virtual disk, copy sectors and so on.
DiskGenius is powerful backup software and it can backup partition, clone disk/partition, migrate system to SSD/HDD, etc. It will help you to create a system image backup for current Windows with simple clicks to keep operating system under protection.
DiskGenius is full featured partition manager, which is designed to optimize disk usage for Windows users. It allows you to resize, extend, split, create, delete, format, hide, copy and erase partition to maximize disk space use.
- Windows Backup. Easily back up system partition and other system related partitions, including system files, boot files, settings, applications, etc.
- Safely Restore System. Quickly and safely restore Windows system from backup when system crashes, saving your system and important information.
- Multiple Backup Methods. Support full and incremental backup as well as multiple backup modes, making backup flexible and practical.
- UEFI Compatibility. DiskGenius is now ready to back up system installed on both BIOS-based and UEFI-based hardware.
- WinPE Media Builder. Create a Win-PE based bootable disk in case that system fails to boot or for advanced operations.
- Support Windows 10. It is fully compatible with all versions of Windows operating systems up to Windows 10.
- Comprehensive Data Recovery. Safely and rapidly recover lost data from PC, HDD, memory card, USB flash drive, virtual disk, RAID drives after deletion, formatting, virus attack, system crash, etc.
- Optimized File Searching Engine. Powered by advanced scanning algorithm, it goes deeper to locate every byte of lost data on storage devices with ease and guarantees high data recovery rate.
- Preview Files Before Recovery. Preview recoverable files displayed in scanning result before final recovery so that you can estimate the chances of successful file recovery and proceed with selective recovery.
- Unbootable PC Data Recovery. You will able to create WinPE bootable USB disk to boot your computer and recover lost files when Windows won’t boot such as crash, freeze, keeping rebooting, etc.
- Virtual Disk Recovery. DiskGenius supports to load virtual disks created by VMware, Virtual Box and Microsoft Virtual PC and recover lost files or partitions without running those virtual machines.
- RAID data recovery. Recover lost, formatted or inaccessible data from all types of RAID arrays like RAID0, RAID5, RAID 6 and RAID 10 by way of constructing virtual RAID.
- Image Data Recovery. Create a sector-by-sector copy for entire disk, partition or some sectors to recover lost data without scanning original device which is experiencing errors like bad sectors or corruption.
- Sector Editor. A hex editor is provided to analyze and edit raw data of disks and partitions, which helps recover deleted files, restore lost partitions and retrieve data from corrupted drives.
DiskGenius is a wonderful tool and has three editions: Free, Standard and Professional. When you download and use the program, it is the FREE edition of DiskGenius. Some functions are not available for Free Edition. But you can buy the program’s license to upgrade it from Free Edition to Standard Edition or Professional Edition.
DiskGenius can do more!
- Check & Repair Bad Sectors. Detect and repair bad sectors for various storage devices such as hard drive, external hard drive, SSD, SD card, flash drive, etc.
- View S.M.A.R.T. Information. Monitor S.M.A.R.T. attributes to help you check if the disk has started to develop problems and decide whether the disk needs to be replaced to avoid potential data loss.
- Wipe Hard Drive. Completely erase all information on HDD before planning to recycle, sell or give away old PC, keeping private data safe.
- Permanently Delete Files. Securely delete your sensitive files and overwrite data with random patterns, making sure deleted information is no longer recoverable.
- Erase Free Space. Permanently wipe empty space on your hard drive or other storage devices so that lost data cannot be recovered by any method.
- Hex Editor. The included hex editor in the software will help users to view and edit file binary content in hexadecimal and SDCII modes.
- Check 4K Alignment. Easily check whether partitions on your computer are properly 4K aligned or not.
- Format USB Drive In Batch. Automatically format all connected USB flash drives to FAT32, NTFS or exFAT if USB disk matches parameters you’ve configured.
- Rebuild MBR. Rebuild Master Boot Record when MBR is missing, corrupted or damaged, solving Windows cannot load error.
- Check Partition Table Error. Check and correct partition table error for hard disk to avoid issues like Windows failure to boot, losing partition, etc.
- Support LVM. Copy files from LVM volume or write data to LVM volume; resize partition of single PV on LVM without data loss.
Changes in DiskGenius 126.96.36.1998:
- The function System Migration and Virtualize Current System Into VMware Virtual Machine can be performed in WinPE.
- The function “Adjust Data Area Positioning” is added to partitions recognized by File Recovery function.
- Added the support of “Parallels Desktop” virtual disk format.
- Optimize file recovery result for NTFS partitions.
- After copying files, the properties of new files are set to be consistent with original files(archive, read-only, system, hidden, etc.).
- The “System Volume Information” folder won’t be excluded when the program backs up a NTFS partition by files and the partition enables Data Deduplication.
- The limit that the maximum number of clusters cannot exceed 2^30 is removed when formatting exFAT partition.
- The New Partition and Quick Partition function set the default aligned sector as 256 when the disk’s sector size is 4096 bytes.
- The default capacity changes to 256GB when creating a virtual disk.
- Fixed an issue that drive letters were not assigned correctly after resizing partition.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes BSOD or partition missing issue might occur when resizing partition.
- Fixed an issue that in some rare cases resizing partition might stop responding.
- Fixed an issue for Quick Partition function that in some cases partitions could not be created correctly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes files of EXT4 partition could not be parsed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that files of exFAT partition formatted by MacOS could not be parsed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that data could not be written to hidden partitions.
- Fixed an issue that some CR3 files could not be previewed.
- Fixed an issue that the program might get corrupted during converting virtual disk format.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases the Unlock BitLocker dialog box could not pop up.
- Fixed an issue for sector editor that mouse clicking might damage selected area.
- Fixed an issue that file data might not be correct when writing encrypted files to NTFS partition.
- Fixed an issue for sector editor that in some cases content could not be entered.
- Fixed an issue for File Recovery function that the program might stop responding if clicking the main interface while the program was organizing directory structure.
- Fixed some issues related to interface display.
Changes in DiskGenius 188.8.131.524:
- Support to parse Windows Storage Pools and Storage Spaces and support to perform read-only operations to them.
- The system migration function supports to keep existing partitions of target disk when there is enough unallocated space on target disk.
- The partition resizing function supports to adjust the beginning location of system partition on a MBR disk.
- Improve the fault tolerance capability of extracting files from partition backup image file (.pmf).
- Optimize the file recovery function for FAT32 partitions.
- Optimize the file recovery function for NTFS partitions.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes the file list might be cleared when extracting files from partition backup image file (.pmf).
- Fixed an issue for partition backup function that image file data was incorrect when target partition was running out of space.
- Fixed an issue that existing DBR could not be cleared as prompted when saving partition table.
- Fixed an issue that drive letter might be disappeared after resizing partition.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases dynamic volumes could not be displayed.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases files of EXT4 partition could not be displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes the program crashed.
Changes in DiskGenius 184.108.40.2066:
- Support high-resolution displays (DPI adaptation). The interface display is no longer blurred when the software runs on 4K screens and laptops.
- Support to virtualize current Windows operating system into VMware virtual machine.
- Disk cloning function supports to clone large disk to small disk and allows to change the size of each partition on target disk.
- Start to use an independent preview process and improve the stability of the main program.
- The number of CPU threads can be specified for compression mode in the advanced settings of the partition backup function.
- The search for known file types in file recovery function adds support for CR3 file format.
- The function of creating vmdk virtual disk supports to set target disk as SATA and NVMe.
- When formatting a FAT32 partition, it allows the total number of clusters to exceed the limitation Windows sets to FAT32.
- The DBR of Windows 10 is used when formatting FAT12/16/32 partitions.
- When backing up system partition by files, the “DiskGenius WinPE” directory is excluded by default.
- After drive letters are assigned, the currently selected partition will not be switched automatically, preventing users from selecting the incorrect partition when the user operates too fast.
- It is allowed to set the software to prevent system from going to sleep when performing time-consuming functions.
- Improve video preview function and support newer formats.
- Optimize the file recovery effect of FAT32 partition.
- Optimize the result of recovering deleted large files from NTFS partition.
- Fixed some issues for system migration function to improve the stability.
- Fixed an issue that the function of backing up exFAT partition by files did not support vary large files.
- Fixed an issue of incorrectly reading dynamic volumes and LVM volumes.
- Fixed an issue that exceptions occurred to partition backup function when inputting a file name without extension.
- Fixed an issue that there was free space when quick partition function created only one partition.
- Fixed an issue that system did not restart when executing certain function that required restart.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes the extend partition function could not be opened correctly.
- Fixed an issue that the font of sector editing function was not sightly after booting to WinPE.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases the disk cloning and partition cloning function might stop responding.
Changes in DiskGenius 220.127.116.111:
- “Search for Known File Types” in File Recovery function adds support for prt, heif(.heic) photos, 3dm, zpr, jdp, vs3d and ptb file types.
- File preview supports to open heif(.heic) photos.
- Improve the Copy Sectors dialog box and enhance its ability to handle bad sectors, facilitating users to image hard drives with bad sectors.
- Copy details is displayed automatically after finishing copying sectors.
- Improve the partition backup function, increasing the backup speed when original drive and target files are not on the same disk.
- A control showing current path is added to the top of Files window, supporting to jump to the path enter by users, Desktop and Documents.
- After copying files, the modified and created date of target folders is consistent with original ones.
- Support to open virtual disks in network mapping paths by way of dragging mouse.
- Optimize the speed of organizing directory structures for File Recovery function.
- Optimize the speed of loading the previous scanning progress for File Recovery function.
- Optimize the scanning results of recovering files from FAT32 partitions.
- Optimize the scanning results of recovering files from NTFS partitions.
- Optimize the speed for functions like backup, restore and clone partitions.
- Enhance the File Recovery function for exFAT partitions.
- Enhance the support of individual special cases in the GUID partition table.
- Enhance the function of extracting files from partition images, improving the support of damaged image files.
- Reduce the number of “Partition(Recognized)” in the scanning result of File Recovery.
- Optimize the speed of opening File Copying Report dialog box and Detailed Info dialog box of “Verify or Repair Bad Sectors” function.
- Improve the dialog box of “Set UEFI BIOS boot entries”.
- The function Verify Or Repair Bad Sectors automatically saves progress, and it can continue checking or repairing bad sectors after interruption.
- The System Migration function can lock the size of a specified partition so that it remains unchanged after migration.
- System migration function supports to migrate OS to USB disk and make it bootable.
- Fixed an issue that system migration function failed when encountering some special partitions.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases modifying sector data for virtual disks failed.
- Fixed an issue that the software stopped responding during startup due to reading disk S.M.A.R.T. information.
- Fixed an issue for file copy function that stopped copying files when encountering some errors.
- Fixed an issue that the “Unlock” option was still enabled after the Bitlocker partition had been unlocked successfully.
- Fixed an issue that file data of ole2, zip and rmvb file types under Recovered Types might be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases users could copy files to the original partition when recovering files dynamic volumes.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases it failed to save partition table in Windows 7.
- Fixed an issue that it couldn’t write files to partition or rename files after deleting the drive letter.
- Fixed an issue that in EXT4 partition file names were case sensitive.
Homepage – https://www.diskgenius.com
Supports FAT12/ FAT16/ FAT32/ exFAT/ NTFS/ Ext2/ Ext3/ Ext4 file systems.
Size: 61.8 MB