F-Secure Anti-Virus is must-have advanced malware protection for your PC and Mac. You need advanced detection and protection technology to protect PC against modern and complex threats.
F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC and Mac provides protection against viruses, spyware, infected e-mail attachments and other malware. Automatic updates and real-time response guarantee the fastest protection against all new threats.
F-Secure Anti-Virus will detect and remove secretly installed applications from your PC better than ever before, thus ensuring that your system will be running smoothly and without malware.
F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC and Mac is easy to install and it does not slow down your computer. Make sure you protect with the best.
Benefits of F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC and Mac:
- Protect your PC or Mac against viruses, spyware and other malware
- Make sure you have advanced malware removal technology
- Stop harmful attacks on your computer
- Protect your computer with a proactive security solution
- Keep your security always up-to-date with automatic updates
- Use your computer safely without slowing it down
- Anti-Virus. Open eMail attachments and use your computer without any fear of virus infections, spyware intrusion or malicious programs
- Anti-Spyware. Protect your privacy by preventing spyware and hackers from entering your computer
- Ransomware Protection. Monitors protected folders and blocks suspicioos activity by applications like ransomware.
- Firewall. Allows only safe Internet connections from your computer and blocks intrusions from the Internet.
- DeepGuard. New proactive DeepGuard technology protects you against any unknown threats
- Performance. The anti-virus software working from behind the scene
- Enhanced detection performance and reduced system overhead
- Automates all key tasks required to keep your computer and data safe from viruses
- Keeps you safe against the unknown targeted attacks, or so called zero-day-attacks, and rootkits
- Web Traffic Scanning guards you against websites that can infect your computer even if you do not download anything from the website
- Multiple scanning engines identify different type of malware bringing you the very best in malware detection and disinfection
- F-Secure DeepGuard 5 provides network based recognition of suspicious software while improving the accuracy and speed of response to new outbreaks of malicious code
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 17.9:
Banking protection logic and security improvements with redesigned user interface
- Applications that are trusted in the Security Cloud are allowed to connect to the internet during a banking session.
- Command line and scripting tools are not allowed to connect to the internet during a banking session.
- Payment site handling during a banking session has been improved.
- The Banking protection user interface has been redesigned. The new user interface is less intrusive and handles large resolutions and multiple monitors.
Manual and scheduled scanning improvements
- Virus scan handling of large harmful item collections has been improved.
- Virus scan no longer shows ‘Memory: 0 items’.
- The file scanning phase is shown with green color instead of yellow.
- The Scan report has been improved, and its style has been updated to match with the rest of the product.
- New scheduled and command line scanner (fsscan.exe)
- Scheduled scanning logic has been modified; duplicate entries for the same infections should not occur any more.
- The new Event history runs in a separate process; it has better performance and consumes less memory while open.
- The user interface has the same look and feel as the App and file control.
- When a USB storage device is inserted, a notification is shown, asking if you want to scan the device.
- Search result ratings are shown also if you use the DuckDuckGo search engine.
- The issue with Chrome extension check not working if Chrome was installed under user’s folder has now been fixed.
- The App and file control dialog allows you to select multiple items and perform operations on them.
- The Support page in Settings has an option to turn on debug logging.
Other scanning engine improvements since the last release
- Implemented online scanning for malicious URLs.
- Vastly improved AMSI script scanning performance and stability.
- Enhanced protection against malicious browser downloads.
- Enhanced archive scanning stability.
- Enhanced robustness for engine updates.
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 17.8:
Completely redesigned Browsing and Banking protection:
- Secure Browsing, also known as Browsing Protection, has been completely reworked.
- Block pages for Browsing Protection, Content Filtering, and Daily Time Limit have a new visual look.
- The new Banking Protection engine requires the “Browsing Protection by F-Secure” browser extension to be installed and turned on in a supported browser to activate a banking session.
- The “Browser extension not in use” notification is shown when a supported browser is launched and the browser extension is not installed or turned on. Dismissing the notification silences the notification for that browser.
- The browser extension installation can be started by selecting “Set up” in the notification or in the main user interface.
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) browser is now supported along with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Visualization and accessibility updates to virus scanning:
- Better support for various display scaling settings and multi-display setups, while retaining the functionality and look-and-feel of the previous Virus Scan.
- The Narrator app can be used to read elements on the screen and Virus Scan can be controlled by keyboard, touch, and mouse.
- You can run multiple manual scanning tasks at the same time (except for multiple parallel scans in the “system scan” phase).
- Memory scan is now visualized during the scan.
Visualization and accessibility updates to App and file control:
- Better support for various display scaling settings and multi-display setups.
- The Narrator app can be used to read elements on the screen and App and file control can be controlled by keyboard, touch, and mouse.
Supports Microsoft Antimalware Scan Interface to block harmful scripts:
- Added support for the Microsoft Antimalware Scan Interface standard, which allows other applications to use the scanning engines to scan their data for harmful scripts and macros and stop them before they can do any harm.
- Available on Windows 10.
- Product updates no longer shut down the security core. During a product update, Windows should no longer warn that the security product is turned off.
- Product updates and security core updates can no longer happen at the same time. Previously these resulted in a security core update failure and a retry in the next update.
- Flyer notifications on Windows 7 and 8 have a new visual look.
Other scanning engine improvements since last release:
- DeepGuard can now trigger Security Cloud analysis on files that are associated with the processes, which are launched by commonly-abused legitimate applications and network-facing applications. This complements the Security Cloud analysis trigger on files with a web download marker. It also augments our behavior monitoring capability with the latest cloud information.
- File and URL reputation queries are done on a new Security Cloud service.
- Performance improvements for real-time scanning.
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 17.7:
New Settings user interface
- A new settings user interface that combines Antivirus and common settings.
- You can view the settings without administrator rights. Editing the settings still requires administrator rights.
- A new Support page containing information, tools, and links that are related to support issues, including your subscription information.
Logout from SAFE account
- A logout feature has been added to the main user interface. When you want to switch to a different account, you can use it to log out from your current account and expire the client. You need to log in again to use it.
- The usability of the Manage/Renew subscription link has been improved. The SAFE: Manage subscription link opens the SAFE portal and the Internet Security: Manage subscription link is no longer visible.
- The restart prompt has an option to select when to remind you again.
- The recent events view has an option to view events from all users. This requires administrator rights.
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 17.6:
Banking protection clears the clipboard
- For added security, all the information is wiped from the clipboard when a banking session ends.
Restart reminder added
- A reminder is shown if your computer needs to be restarted; for example, after real-time or scheduled scanning has removed a harmful system infection.
- The product main page now shows a statistics counter for various security actions, such as files scanned and website reputations checked.
Other general improvements
- The Time limits feature has been renamed to Device use limits; the functionality of the feature remains unchanged.
- Croatian language support has been added.
- Some user interfaces have been re-implemented using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2. If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed, it will be automatically installed during installation/upgrade.
Overall scanning engine improvements
- The engine uses the browser’s “mark-of-the-web” to decide if a file should be analyzed in the Security Cloud. This improves the detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Performance improvements to scanning when you install applications.
- Improved website reputation look-ups from the Security Cloud for Browsing Protection.
- Improved reliability for engine updates.
Homepage – https://www.f-secure.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Available languages: čeština, dansk, Deutsch, eesti, English, español, español latinoaméricano, français, français canadien, magyar, italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, polski, português, português brasileiro, română, slovenščina, suomi, svenska, tiếng Việt, Türkçe, ελληνικά, български, русский, 简体中文, 繁體中文 (臺灣), 日本語, 繁體中文 (香港).
Size: 1.74 MB