HTTP File Server 0.45.0/ 2.3m Build 300
HTTP File Server (HFS) is an easy to use drag and drop file server for personal file sharing. You can use HFS (HTTP File Server) to send and receive files.
It’s different from classic file sharing because it uses web technology to be more compatible with today’s Internet. Access your remote files, over the network.
It runs as a standalone executable and does not require any installation. The program is very easy to use, just drag a file into it to share it with the world.
You can customize the port it is running on, specify the IP address and monitor connections from the tray icon. HFS presents the shared files on a simple HTML page, that includes the file name and size.
HTTP Server can also integrate into Windows Explorer, allowing you to easily share files from the right-click menu. With some HTML knowledge, you can completely customize the HTML template to meet your preference. It has been successfully tested with Wine under Linux.
- Download and upload
- Virtual file system
- Highly customizable
- HTML template
- Bandwidth control
- Easy/Expert mode
- Full control over connections
- Dynamic DNS updater
HTTP File Server version 0.40.0 is a full rewrite of the Delphi version
- It’s a server software, share files fresh from your disk. Don’t rely on services, be independent!
- It’s all very fast. Try download zipping 100 GB, it starts immediately!
- Easy to use. HFS tries to detect problems and suggest solutions.
- Share even a single file with our virtual file system, even with a different name, all without touching the real file. Present things the way you want!
- Watch all activities in real-time.
- Control bandwidth, decide how much to give.
Changes in HTTP File Server 0.45.0:
- admin/home: update button
- added “get list” in folder menu #231
- folder menu clicking on last breadcrumb
- new languages: French, Portuguese
- admin/fs: “propagate” option when “see” permission is set on a folder
- netmask with CIDR now supports operators
- several fixes and minor improvements
- upload: “Skip existing files” option
- zip now includes empty folders
- session duration is now available in Admin/options page (env var method is now deprecated and will be removed in the future)
- plugins: many new capabilities
- several bugs fixed
Why you should upgrade from HFS 2.x to 3:
As you can see from the list of features, we already have some goods that you cannot find in HFS 2. Other than that, you can also consider:
- it’s more robust: it was designed to be an always-running server, while HFS 1-2 was designed for occasional usage (transfer and quit)
- passwords are never really stored, just a non-reversible hash is
- more flexible permissions
But you may still want to stay with HFS 2.x (so far) for the following reasons
- more tested
- classic window interface (can be easier for some people)
Homepage – https://www.rejetto.com/hfs/
Working on Windows, Wine/Linux.