Vypress Chat is a user-friendly application for real-time chatting in small or home office (SOHO) local networks. This unique chat software features an easy-to-understand format for text-based conferences and discussions.
Vypress Chat does not require an Internet connection or a dedicated server to support discussions, and all users have equal access to the application’s tools and functions. It enables individuals to instantly communicate about joint projects, and managers can send instantaneous memos to individuals, departments, or the entire company.
Vypress Chat works with both TCP/IP and IPX/SPX network protocols. You get an interface comparable to mIRC’s graphical IRC interface, and system tray functionality similar to that of ICQ.
Also available is IP Multicast protocol support. The IP Multicast allows Vypress Chat to operate over WANs or in complex routed network environment.
Vypress Chat Key Features:
- Real-time chat software for easy conversations between several people in virtual chat rooms (channels). Built-in instant messaging, files transfer and private chats are also included.
- Clean, straightforward user interface, oriented for novice users and easy-to-understand for advanced chat users. There is no need to make configuration changes or enter any information about your network. Advanced users can easily find all they want within the chat software.
- Easy to use, full featured bulletin board. The app includes powerful, fully packed but easy to use bulletin board. Bulletins may include rich text formatting (font faces, color, size, bold, underline, etc.), images, hyperlinks and expiration time. All these backed with magic smart, bandwidth-friendly background replication and RSA-based secure digital signature!
- Handy presence and “out of office” indication. Users can see all other users in their network who have Vypress Chat running. Four user statuses are listed: Available, DND, Away, and Offline. Vypress Chat automatically tracks user activity and switches into “Away” mode after a specified period of inactivity or when a screen saver starts and display specified auto response message.
- No Internet connection and no server required! Incredible, but the feature-packed Vypress Chat does not require a dedicated server or any sort of Internet connection! So, you may start saving money and enforce your office security just by cutting Internet-based messengers from your office network and moving to this Chat.
- Public channels, private chats, instant messaging and files transfer are available. Vypress Chat offers integrated services for supporting network-wide conversations. All users can join existing public channels, create new channels, start private, person-to-person chats, and send messages to several other users at once. In addition, HTTP files sharing and a “sound requests” feature.
- Completely secure, private and authoritative collaboration. Vypress Chat strengthen with modern, proven, industry standard data encryption and digital signatures. All Vypress Chat network packets are signed with RSA-based digital signatures to ensure authoritative source for all chats. Since version 2.0, peer-to-peer messages transferring over a network encrypted in the way similar to one that safe Internet servers use (SSL or TLS).
- Full-featured logging and archiving. Vypress Chat can automatically save any (or all) channels and private messages into a journal file, keeping logs of private chats and incoming/outgoing messages. These features allow you to discuss actual business topics without fear of forgetting important subjects of conversation. Vypress Chat uses standard, easy to syndicate XML format for journal files. So, if your company rules or industry regulations directing you to store all electronic communication you may easily integrate Chat journals into any sort of archiving or workflow system with standard XML-technologies, such as Microsoft BizTalk or XSLT.
- Graphical emoticons. Sometimes, one image costs thousands words, so have been added nice looking graphical emoticons (smiles) for easier spirits sharing and digital wellness spreading across your company.
- Easy deployment and support. Again, Vypress Chat does not require any special configuration. Users can begin using the program immediately after installation. The setup utility automatically chooses the best available protocol and configures the software for you (silent setup mode also available).
Changes in Vypress Chat 2.1:
- A lot of other improvement and internal optimizations were made.
- New bulletin board feature allows easily share important notices across all chat users.
- Bulleting can include images, hyperlinks and rich font formatting. In additional, message now delivering over reliable TCP protocol with RSA digital signature to ensure correct and safe delivery.
Homepage – http://www.vypress.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, XP, Vista, 7 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Supported protocols: TCP/IP