PocoMail offers amazingly flexible email facility, with powerful searching, safe viewer and powerful filtering and scripting. It gives you serious power over your email, from instant review of your folders via the unique Focus Box, to easy management of your contacts.
You can automate email processing in a myriad of ways, from Filters and Events to easy-to-use PocoScripts. Instantly create AutoText snippets to use throughout the program, and subscribe to your favourite RSS feeds and Newsgroups to be read on demand or delivered with your email. All in a secure package that puts you in control.
This email client is easy to install, maintain and use, and yet does not sacrifice functionality. PocoMail makes email fun again while it saves you valuable time.
Key Features of “PocoMail”:
- Filters: filter messages by variety of conditions and actions; text matching can be made to ignore special characters and HTML comments to foil common spam tactics.
- Junk Mail Filters: enable sophisticated and flexible junk mail filters to help you deal with spam. PocoMail even integrates sophisticated learning Bayesian junk mail filter for accurate spam removal.
- Tabbed mailbox access: pin your frequently used mailboxes for quick access. Drag messages directly to tabs. Open mailboxes in current or new tabs.
- Message Threading: each mailbox can be set to threaded view, so that you can follow conversation threads which is especially useful for reading newsgroups.
- Index View: quickly turn a mailbox of 10,000 messages into a view of 10 messages from the sender you need. Or show only unread messages. Or only messages received today; revert to full view easily.
- Templates: setup templates to quickly compose repetitive messages. Templates can also be used to send form-replies to common queries.
- Followup Link: if you view a message that you already replied to PocoMail will show a Followup Link along the top of the preview pane with a direct access to the reply you sent originally.
- Text Auto-complete: if you write a certain phrase over and over again when composing mail, utilize our auto-complete feature so that typing “addr” expands right away into your full address.
- PocoScript: exercise the ultimate control over your mailbox with the built-in scripting language. Run your scripts on incoming messages, selected messages and even on timed or application-based events.
- PocoConsole: get instant overview and access to newly arrived mail. Read and respond directly from PocoConsole without having to open the main application window.
- Skinning: change the application appearance, from colours to graphics, so it better suits your working environment.
- Emoticons: add some flare to your messages by inserting some of over 50 provided emoticons.
- Spell Checker: with spell-as-you-type you never have to worry about sending letter-perfect emails; dictionaries for other languages are also available.
- Mailbox Options: override global program options on per-mailbox basis, including preview pane visibility and orientation. Optionally, apply these settings to all sub-mailboxes.
- Multiple Accounts: setup unlimited number of email accounts and newsgroup servers. Drag and drop accounts in the order you wish to use them. Many per-account options available.
- Hierarchical Mailboxes: organize your mailbox to suit you, not the application – different email accounts can share mailboxes, while Online Mailboxes can let you read Newsgroups or view messages server.
- Support: read Usenet or private newsgroups directly from PocoMail. Save articles you need to your regular mailboxes. Respond to authors or groups. Pre-fetch next article automatically.
- Application Toolbar: the very flexible toolbar lets you view it in several sizes, including the ability to customize which buttons you see on it.
- Address Tools: add any address to your address book with a handy “+” button in the headers
- Customize Application: tweak the application display, from different pane layouts available to you, to skins, colours, toolbar appearance and fonts.
What’s New in PocoMail 4.8:
- Updated UI, visual tweaks and improvements
- Changes to the Resource usage: Windows Resource consumption reduced
- New and revised mailbox file handling code. Most noticeable are improvements in speed of mailbox access, especially when running over networks
- The ability to drag and drop attached files from Attachments pane or from within the message, for both encoded and extracted attachments
- Drag and drop support added to Compose Window attachments pane
- Right-click context menu added to listed attachments within the message body
- Display of attachment size even if encoded inside the message
- Delete button in Compose window to discard the message
- New Save Message options under File menu
New Editing of Stored Messages
- New feature that allows editing stored messages, under Edit Stored Message menu in Message menu or index context menu (Edit Subject menus have been moved under this menu as well)
- Lets you edit messages previously received to trim out excess text, remove large embedded attachments or edit anything else in the message
- It also has advanced Raw View mode that provides direct access to the message in all its ASCII glory, from manually editing headers to modifying embedded MIME type declarations
- Added shortcut for Edit Stored Message Shift+Ctrl+E
- The ability to Copy Outgoing SMTP details from any account and quickly Paste them onto any other account for rapid changes of outgoing server
- New option on Incoming tab of Edit Account window: now you can opt out accounts from being processed through Junk Mail filters, for trusted accounts that get no spam
- New and more user friendly field for text entry
- Automatically shows other Focus options below
- Some old Focus fields have been eliminated
- New fields added that should get more use
- Completely revised rules for Quick search (Focus): they are now exclusive, so enabling “Unread” and “With Attachments” options will now show only messages that are both unread and have attachments, not either like before; this applies to every display option
- Ctrl+L will now also put the cursor in the text field (similar to browsers), ESC will clear the field
- Search This Folder added to the right click menu of the Folders sidebar
- Search will no longer open Search mailbox if nothing was found
- Search history is now going to be saved
- New Clear History link added to the Search window
Changes in terminology
- the Bounce feature has been renamed to Redirect and Focus to Quick Search.
Homepage – http://www.pocosystems.com
- Windows NT 4, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7
- 12 Mb of free hard drive space during install,
8 Mb afterwards
- TCP/IP (Internet) network connectivity
- Access to POP, APOP or IMAP server to retrieve email and SMTP server to send email
Size: 4.66 MB