Pokemon Go is a free-to-play mobile game based on location of the player. It was developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices and released in most regions of the world in July 2016.
Playing is easy – your phone will vibrate when there’s a Pokemon nearby. Throw a Poke Ball at it, but always stay alert, or the Pokemon might get away!
Explore cities and towns where you live – and even around the globe – to capture as many Pokemons as you can.
The map contains lots of information that’s useful when you’re exploring. You’ll always be in the center of the map. Use it to find PokeStops, Gyms, the location of nearby Pokemon, and more!
Pokemon on the Earth
Pokemon have entered our planet Earth! Now take your chance and capture Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many others all around you. Step outside your home, start exploring your neighbourhood and discover all of them! Later you can join one of the three teams and battling for the ownership of Gyms.
Search the surroundings for Pokemon
Pokemon usually dwell in their native natural environment, for example, Water-type Pokémon will appear by lakes and oceans. Thus, when you are away from home, you might encounter a Pokemon that is different from other or which you would not have met otherwise. You can also visit PokéStops, found at such places like galleries, art installations, historical markets, and monuments.
Moreover, Pokemon love places like public parks and recreation areas. Therefore, you can use the map – it will be your main tool of view while playing Pokémon GO. The map is based on the actual real-world map of cities. And it also contains lots of useful information with you in the centre of the map. When you’re close enough to a PokéStop to search it, the box on top of the blue square will open. That’s the time to gather items from the PokéStop!
You catch them, hatch them, grow them …
With levelling up, you can catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can increase your collection by hatching Pokemon Eggs based on the distances you walk. You might want to try catching many of the same kind to help your Pokemon to evolve. Don’t go to the PokéStop if it’s on private property! There will be more of them just around the corner – don’t worry!
Start Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers. It’s time now for your real-life adventures!
Load Up Your Bag
Access your Bag in the Map view by touching the Poké Ball icon. The kinds of items you’ll keep in your Bag include Poké Balls, medicines, Berries, and more. (Pokémon Eggs will not appear in your Bag.) You can also access your Bag during Pokémon encounters.
Each item is accompanied by a description of what it does.
Level Up Your Trainer
Catch as many Pokémon as you can to earn Experience Points (XP) and increase your Trainer level! Each capture awards XP based on the kind of Pokemon you’ve caught, whether you’ve caught the Pokemon before, and the accuracy of your throw. At higher levels, you’ll have access to stronger items, such as Great Balls, to give you a better shot at catching Pokémon. Keep exploring and encountering Pokemon to raise your level!
A wide variety of challenges are available that highlight many different accomplishments, such as the number of Pokemon you’ve caught and the distance you’ve traveled. By completing these challenges, you’ll unlock achievement medals that will appear in your player profile. Try your best to unlock as many medals as you can!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.199.0:
- Bug fixes
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.197.1:
- Celebrate different regions of the Pokémon world in January as we count down to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto!
- A new year means new challenges, and in that spirit we’re introducing a new feature—Collection Challenges! These challenges provide a handy guide to catching Pokémon featured during in-game events.
- You can now search your collection for Pokémon powered up with Candy XL.
- We’ve made improvements to Egg storage and Pokémon tagging.
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.195.2:
- You can now GO Beyond level 40!
- Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, and more Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region are now appearing in the wild! Have you caught one yet?
- Leveling up is now more fun than ever. Enjoy a double Catch XP bonus through the end of December! If you get to level 40 before 2021, the Legacy 40 medal will be yours.
- Improvements to the Egg inventory, AR Mapping tasks, and Pokémon HOME connectivity.
Homepage – https://www.pokemongo.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Android 6.0 or later
- iOS 12.0 or later
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
Share the fun of Pokemon GO with the Pokemon GO Plus accessory, coming soon. The Pokémon GO Plus will alert you when a Pokemon is nearby and let you try to catch it.