FortiClient security software with integrated endpoint protection provides automated next-generation threat protection. Also it ensures the visibility and control of your software and hardware inventory across the entire security fabric.
The application is a lightweight and easy to use. Identify and remediate vulnerable or compromised hosts across your attack surface. Furthermore, the automated behaviour based protection guards your device against unknown threats.
The anti-exploit technology protects your endpoint against advanced threats including zero-day attacks, which target application vulnerabilities that have yet to be discovered or patched.
The advanced technology provides an additional layer of protection by monitoring the host memory to detect and block various memory techniques including return-oriented programing (ROP), heap spraying, and others.
As a key piece of the Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiClient integrates endpoints into the fabric for early detection and prevention of advanced threats. Security events including zero-day malware, botnet detections, and vulnerabilities are reported in real-time.
The deep real-time visibility into the network allows administrators to investigate and remotely quarantine compromised endpoints. Endpoint protection is more than just antimalware protection, the endpoint compliance and vulnerability detection features enable simplified enforcement of enterprise.
As a next-generation endpoint protection solution, this software helps connect endpoints to FortiSandbox, which uses behaviour-based analysis to automatically analyze in real-time all files downloaded to FortiClient endpoints.
Millions of FortiClient and FortiSandbox users worldwide share information about known and unknown, malware with cloud-based FortiGuard.
- The Zero Trust Agent supports ZTNA tunnels, single sign-on (SSO), and device posture check to FortiOS access proxy
Changes in FortiClient 6.2.3:
- Application Firewall performance issues.
- After upgrading FortiClient (Windows), ping responses are delayed.
- FortiClient (Windows) does not send avatar to FortiAnalyzer.
- FortiESNAC.exe high memory usage.
- FortiClient (Windows) Telemetry timer does not work properly.
- Cannot shut down FortiClient (Windows) after unregistering from EMS.
- FortiClient (Windows) Telemetry gets stuck in syncing state after user tries to manually register to EMS.
Install and upgrade:
- Installer created in EMS does not include uninstall action.
- GPO update fails due to FortiClient (Windows) FortiShield blocking modification of a registry key.
- BSOD occurs when FortiClient (Windows) is installed with Safetica data loss protection software.
- Fct_secsvr is not properly installed after deploying a FortiClient (Windows) upgrade.
- FortiClient (Windows) /uninstall does not work via the CLI.
- Installation error due to dependency on Internet Explorer 8.
- FortiClient (Windows) loses settings after upgrade on x86 platforms.
- Cloud malware scan daemon must remove license check.
- FortiClient (Windows) does not start scan on USB insertion post-reboot.
- Remote Access:
- FortiClient (Windows) registers all interface IP addresses to the DNS server when SSL VPN tunnel is up.
- FortiClient (Windows) does not use correct SSL VPN split DNS server.
- FortiClient (Windows) displays issues when connecting to VPN.
- FortiClient (Windows) cannot connect to VPN using a saved username.
- Token request popup does not appear when in lock screen for VPN before logon.
- VPN client does not learn all routes specified in SSL VPN portal with split tunnel or SSL VPN IPv4 policies when pushing approximately 1000 routes.
- FortiClient (Windows) provides SHA1 cipher only for SSL VPN.
- SSL VPN disappears from FortiTray.
- FortiClient (Windows) Sandbox fails to apply new Sandbox Detection level after EMS updates Sandbox Detection level.
- FortiClient (Windows) fails to update Sandbox state when Sandbox disables authorization for the Sandbox.
- Vulnerability Scan:
- Vulnerability Scan does not always scan on next startup if off during scheduled scan time.
- FortiClient (Windows) fails to open after clicking the FortiTray icon.
- Cannot quit FCDBLog.exe.
- FortiClient (Windows) system tray crashes.
- Original FortiClient (Windows) configuration files are deleted after restoring the configuration.
This section lists the new features added to FortiClient and EMS for the expanding Fortinet Security Fabric family:
- Managing endpoints with FortiClient Cloud
- New compliance verification rule types
- Using certificate Fabric authentication
Changes in FortiClient 6.2.0:
- Dynamic endpoint grouping/tagging and EMS connector (endpoint compliance)
- Software Inventory logging to FortiAnalyzer
- Remote logging support for FortiClient (Linux)
- Automated syncing of the FortiGate Web Filter profile
Homepage – https://www.forticlient.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- macOS High Sierra (version 10.13) or higher
- Android 4.1 or higher
- iOS 9.0.0 or higher
Size: 2.86 MB