WinZip 17.5 Build 10480
WinZip is the world’s most popular Windows Zip utility for file compression, file sharing, file encryption, and data backup. No other file compression utility is as easy to use or offers such a comprehensive and innovative feature set to help you save time, conserve space, and improve productivity. With WinZip, you can instantly compress files to conserve storage space, send swifter emails, and decrease file upload/download times. Zip documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, presentations, you name it! With WinZip you can quickly zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times. In addition to state-of-the-art file compression, WinZip offers strong AES encryption for securing sensitive data, the ability to bundle files into convenient, compressed packages, and an automated data backup facility to prevent data loss. WinZip creates Zip, LHA, and Zipx files – the smallest Zip files ever – and it opens Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, BZ2, CAB, JAR, IMG, and most other compressed file types.
WinZip even supports photo and image compression. Now you can compress your digital photographs and graphic images by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity. This lets you send pictures faster and fit more on your flash drive, CD/DVD, or hard disc than ever before.
• Compress files to save space and reduce transmission times
• Create Zip, LHA, and new Zipx files – the smallest Zip files ever
• Let WinZip select the “best” compression method based on file type to maximize efficiency
• Compress JPEG image files by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
• Open and extract from Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, LHA BZ2, CAB, IMG, ISO, and other archive files
• Experience better performance on most files with LZMA compression
• View international characters in filenames through Unicode support
• Create and read Zip files larger than 4GB
• Secure sensitive data with FIPS-197 certified AES encryption (128- and 256-bit)
• Encrypt and decrypt confidential files and email attachments
• Auto-wipe (“shred”) temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files
• Feel safe knowing Auto-wipe uses the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard
• Set password policy by controlling complexity requirements
• Set or disable available encryption methods
• Take advantage of hardware support in certain Intel-based computers for even faster AES encryption
Package and Share:
• Bundle files into zipped packages, creating convenient, logical groups of related files
• Organize and secure email attachments, which transmit faster thanks to smaller file sizes
• NEW! See the content of Zip file attachments in Outlook 2007 using the Zip file previewer
• NEW! Double click on a file in the Zip file previewer for Outlook 2007 to open it for viewing
• View photos in Zip files without extracting, using WinZip’s internal image viewer
• Resize Photos when using Zip & E-Mail
• Quickly create and send Zip files with one-click “Zip & E-Mail”
• Resize photos from a Zip file when sending by email or to a new Zip file
• Use “Send To” to send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
• Use Save As, Rename, and New Folder commands to easily manage Zip files
• Create Self-Extracting Archives with Self-Extractor Personal Edition
• Split Zip files to make large Zip files fit on removable media
• Use Zip from Camera Wizard to quickly transfer, rotate, and compress photos from supported cameras
Backup / Automate:
• Prevent data loss with WinZip’s automated data backup facility
• Burn back-ups to CD or DVD and automatically split them over multiple discs, if necessary
• Upload your back-ups to an off-site server using WinZip’s internal FTP client
• Create custom WinZip jobs to automate routine zip tasks
• Schedule WinZip jobs to run automatically and unattended
• Utilize predefined WinZip jobs
• Email, FTP upload, or burn Zip files to disc using WinZip Job Wizard
• Email log files upon WinZip job completion
• Utilize WinZip’s command line interface for scripting (free add-on)
Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
What’s New in WinZip 17:
Share securely online
* NEW! Zip and share to the cloud. Protect your files in the cloud and use less space by zipping them first. WinZip 17 lets you connect to your cloud services, including Google Drive, SkyDrive and Dropbox. Zip before you upload, open zip files saved in the cloud, or select files from the cloud to zip and share.
* NEW! Manage and share from the cloud. See and organize all your cloud files directly from WinZip 17 even if you use several services. WinZip connects you to your clouds, including Google Drive, SkyDrive and Dropbox, so you can easily get links to your files and share them from your own email.
* NEW! Zip and share to social media sites. Share any size and type of file to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with ZipShare, the online app. Just write a message, add your files and post. No additional software required.
Do more with your files
* NEW! Resize images. Instantly resize images to more convenient sharing sizes without using complex image editing software. It makes sharing photo albums a snap!
* NEW! Convert files to PDF. Turn Microsoft Office documents into PDF files as you zip them with WinZip’s built-in PDF converter. This lets you hide metadata and make your documents read-only for added protection.
* NEW! Add a watermark. Deter unauthorized copying, add traceability, and protect your photos and files by adding your own custom watermark to images and PDFs.
Find the right tools fast
* NEW! More intuitive interface. Context-sensitive toolbars change depending on your task, making it easy to find the tools you need for zipping, unzipping, sharing and more.
Homepage – http://www.winzip.com
Size: 48.2 MB