VMware Workstation 7.1.5 Build 491717
VMware Workstation 7 is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers/testers and enterprise IT professionals that runs multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single PC. Winner of more than 50 industry awards, VMware Workstation transforms the way technical professionals develop, test, demo, and deploy software. VMware Workstation is an integral component of any serious technical professional’s toolkit. Innovative features help software developers, QA engineers, sales professionals, and IT administrators to reduce hardware cost, save time, minimize risk, and streamline tasks that save time and improve productivity. With support for over 200 operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and over 20 other versions of Windows, along with Redhat, Ubuntu, OpenSuse and 26 additional versions of Linux. VMware Workstation delivers the broadest guest platform support for running multiple operating systems at the same time on your PC.
Features & Benefits:
• Comprehensive Windows 7 support, including Easy install, 3D Graphics Support, live thumbnails, desktop preview, and XP mode.
• Install and run VMware vSphere 4 and VMware ESXi as a guest OS.
• AutoProtect makes it easy to go back in time when things were good, with automatic hourly, daily, or weekly snapshots.
• Remote Replay Debugging makes it easier to analyze and to debug hard-to-reproduce software defects.
Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators.
VMware Workstation provides the most dependable, high performing, and secure virtual machine platform. It offers the broadest host and guest operating system support, the richest user experience, and the most comprehensive feature set. Automate and streamline tasks to save time and improve productivity. Run applications in Linux, Windows, and more at the same time on the same PC with no rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment. Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner. Rich integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse, and the SpringSource Tool Suite make it incredibly easy to debug applications on multiple platforms.
VMware Workstation enables users to:
• Configure and test multi-tier applications, application updates, and operating system patches on a single PC
• Easily restore or share archived test environments, reducing repetitive configuration and set-up time
• Streamline computer-based training by allowing students to always start from a “clean” state and experiment with multiple operating systems, applications, and tools in secure, isolated virtual machines
• Run software demos of complex or multi-tier configurations on a single laptop
• Accelerate help desk resolution of end-user problems with a library of pre-configured virtual machines
Operating System Support: All Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit
Changes in VMware Workstation 7.1.5 Build 491717 | 04 OCT 2011 :
* Workstation 7.1.5 addresses a buffer overflow vulnerability. A buffer overflow vulnerability existed in the way UDF file systems are handled. This issue allowed for code execution if a user installed from a malicious ISO image that was specially crafted by an attacker. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name CVE-2011-3868 to the issue.
Other Resolved Issues
* ThinPrint printers might not have been visible in Linuxs guests. With VMware Workstation 7.1.5, you can use ThinPrint printers to print in Linux guests.
* The network interface displays correctly after resuming a suspended virtual machine with Ubuntu 10.10 or later as the guest operating system.
* In a Windows guest, saving a file using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 on VMware Shared folders failed. Attempting to save the file resulted in the following error:
The operation could not be completed. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
As a workaround, you could save under another file name, using the Save As option. This sharing violation also resulted in Visual Studio builds failing on Shared Folders.
* On a Windows host, if you held down a key in a Unity window, moved the mouse out of the Unity window, and clicked elsewhere in the host, the key press continued repeatedly inside the Unity window.
* Occasional data corruption occurred when transferring large amounts of data to USB devices from virtual machines running Windows 7.
* After switching between guest consoles in quick switch and full screen modes, motion grab was disabled and an extra click was required to get back into the virtual machine.
* Some USB mobile network cards were not recognized by the host when the VMware USB arbitration service was running.
* When the host disk containing the virtual machine was full, powering on the virtual machine might have failed with the following incorrect error message:
The Printer is out of paper.
The message now correctly states that the disk is full.
* Some USB Human Interface Devices (HID) could not connect automatically if the .vmx file contained the following line:
usb.autoConnect.device1 = “vid:<vid> pid:<pid>”
* After a Windows 7 guest went into screen saver mode, you could not wake up the guest when you clicked inside the virtual machine. This problem occurred only when the following screen saver and power plan settings were selected or enabled:
o In Screen Saver Settings, a screen saver was enabled, the idle time was set, and On resume, display logon screen was selected.
o In Power Options, the Balanced plan was selected and the Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep plan settings were set to the same timeout value as the screen saver idle time.
* A Windows virtual machine with a Windows XP display driver model (XPDM) driver installed might have crashed due to a vmx_fb.dll error and failed with a blue screen.
Homepage – http://www.vmware.com
Size: 474 MB