Stereoscopic Player 2.0.6
Stereoscopic Player is a versatile 3D movie player. It allows you to play stereoscopic videos and DVDs (external decoder required) and also allows you to watch live video from a capture device. Since it is based on DirectShow, it can handle almost any media format, for example AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF and MOV. Videos can be coded in several different stereoscopic formats. Stereoscopic Player can play stereoscopic movie files and 3D-DVDs. Also you can watch stereoscopic webcast as well as live images from your camera or TV card. Stereoscopic Player supports all major 3D video formats. Also supports a wide range of 3D hardware, including anaglyph glasses, shutterglasses, autostereoscopic displays and projection systems. Please note that Stereoscopic Player can not convert 2D content to 3D!
There is no real-time conversion algorithm available which works reasonably well. Computer are not smart enough to understand what’s in the foreground and what’s in the background yet. Since Stereoscopic Player is a high quality product, no inferior conversion algorithms were incorporated into the player. Stereoscopic Player requires real stereoscopic movies, containing both left and right view.
It is necessary to use a special software for 3D movie playback, because there are lots of different ways to watch the stereoscopic content as well as different ways to store the content. In the past, it was necessary to encode a stereoscopic movie for each viewing method, for example you had to create an anaglyph file, a interlaced file for use with shutter glasses and a side-by-side for for free-viewing without glasses. Quality was often low. For example, most video codecs don’t handle interlaced content well or subsample color information (reducing color resolution to quarter of original resolution), which reduces anaglyph quality significantly.
• Easy-to-use user interface
• Supports Video for Windows (*.avi), MPEG-1 (*.mpg), MPEG-2 (*.mpg, *.m2ts, *.mts, *.ts), MP4 (*.mp4), 3D Blu-ray files (*.ssif), Windows Media (*.wmv, *.asf), QuickTime (*.mov), Material Exchange Format (*.mxf), Matroska (*.mkv) and Flash (*.flv)
• Supports photos in mpo, jpg, jps, tif, gif, png and bmp format
• Supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
• Supports separate left/right files
• Supports MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), including XYZ to RGB color space conversion
• Digital Rights Management (for stereoscopic Windows Media files only)
• Playback of any other format supported by third party DirectShow decoders
• Windows Media 7.1 and 5.1 multichannel audio decoding
• Windows Media streaming
• 3D-DVD playback 1
• Live playback from capture devices (TV card, DV camcorder, …)
• Built-in video library stores settings for each movie
• Retrieves data from stereoscopic metadata servers
• Import and export of stereoscopic metafiles
• Command line control
• OLE automation
• Compatible with Windows Media Center IR remote control
• Synchronized control of external effects via DMX512 (compatible with OpenDMX hardware), serial port and execution of programs and scripts.
• DXVA2-based GPU-accelerated video decoding
Stereoscopic Player is the only software available which can play 3D-DVDs. However, Stereoscopic Player does not provide its own decoders, so you have to install third party DVD decoders first. The following free decoders are recommended.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Changes in Stereoscopic Player 2.0.6 (May 5, 2013):
* Added antialiasing to the image border in Oculus Rift mode.
* Added Playback|Jump Backwards|Last Position command.
* Added support for single-PID MVC MPEG transport streams.
* Added -ir command line parameter to set the input orientation.
* Added the following OLE Automation commands:
* Added DMX device sharing between multiple processes.
* Changed: Updated MPEG splitter.
* Changed: Updated AVC/MVC decoder.
* Fixed Orientation dropdown list in the Video Properties dialog.
* Fixed crash when cancelling renaming of library items.
Homepage – http://3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx
Size: 7.39 MB