Stardock SkinStudio 7.10
SkinStudio is a skin editor for WindowBlinds that allows users to create visual styles for Windows 7, Vista and XP. These visual styles are applied by the popular GUI skinning program, WindowBlinds. A fully complete visual style will change the title bars, borders, push buttons, scrollbars, Start bar, Start menu, and virtually every other part of the Windows GUI. SkinStudio takes on a much more task-oriented design. Rather than the user being overwhelmed with information by seeing all elements of the visual style at once, SkinStudio instead takes the user step by step through the skin. Each element shows Windows logo to let the skin author know which features are supported under which operating system. Moreover, when editing a particular element, the interface is clean and to the point. Each section will be tied to a particular part of the SkinStudio portion of the Customization Wiki. In this way, users can instantly get help making skins from not just Stardock but the entire skinning community.
One of the most common complaints about WindowBlinds skins is that many skins didn’t support many of the features. This was often because the previous SkinStudio was designed at at time when WindowBlinds was much simpler and as more features were added, the newer features began to get buried in the UI. The new SkinStudio design makes these new features much more accessible.
The new version of SkinStudio is designed to make it much easier for new users to get into skinning. Skinners can change as much or little of the GUI as they choose and SkinStudio will fill in the rest for them. A new skin can take a matter of minutes or weeks depending on how sophisticated the skin is.
• Supports Windows 7.
• Support usi0 skinning.
• Support for glass menu bars on Windows Vista.
• Support for a different mouseover image on the right hand side of the Start Menu.
• Control over the background color of the Start Menu “Programs” list.
• Control over the search box text colour & font.
• Improved control over the Start Menu colours & fonts.
• New section to allow a custom mouseover image used on the “Programs” link on Vista versus the legacy solid color.
• Start button overlay now supports animation.
• Support for animated “Please Wait”
• Layer support
• Improved compression for animation
• Per pixel borders support layers & glyphs
• Skin re-coloring
• Task Oriented Design
• Sidebar support
• Vista Start Menu Buttons
• Edit Vista Control Panel and navigation parts
• Support for Internet Explorer 7
• Taskdialog controls
• Vista Explorer: Command Bar, Information Pane, List View, Please Wait screen, etc.
• Explorer background
• Theme Part Details tab that visually displays components of the skin for easy access
• Improved support for title bar buttons. Easily change the per-pixel settings
• Improved support for adding glow effects
• Improved support for making sub-styles
Homepage – http://www.stardock.com/products/skinstudio/
Size: 12.0 MB