SMPlayer 0.8.5.5430 Unstable / SMPlayer 0.8.5 Stable
SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, VCDs and Internet streams to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more. SMPlayer uses the award-winning MPlayer as engine, so it’s able to play the most known audio & video formats without any need of external codecs: avi, mkv, ogm, mpeg, vob, 3gp, asf, mov, wmv, mp3, ogg… Special care have been taken with subtitles. It supports srt, sub, ssa, embedded subtitles in Matroska files, DVD subtitles… SMPlayer subtitles can be very nice, you can choose font and size, and even colors for the subtitles. One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave… don’t worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume…
Other additional interesting features:
• Configurable subtitles. You can choose font and size, and even colors for the subtitles.
• Audio track switching. You can choose the audio track you want to listen. Works with avi and mkv. And of course with DVDs.
• Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video.
• Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
• Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X… and even in slow motion.
• Filters. Several filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise… and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
• Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
• Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs.
• Playlist. Allows you to enqueue several files to be played one after each other. Autorepeat and shuffle supported too.
• Preferences dialog. You can easily configure every option of SMPlayer by using a nice preferences dialog.
• Possibility to search automatically for subtitles in opensubtitles.org.
• Translations: currently SMPlayer is translated into more than 20 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese….
• It’s multiplatform. Binaries available for Windows and Linux.
• SMPlayer is under the GPL license.
Changes in SMPlayer 0.8.5:
* Due to changes in opensubtitles.org, smplayer couldn’t find subtitles anymore. This has been fixed.
* The interface with support for skins is now the default.
* An option to enter url(s) in the playlist has been added.
* The options to change the size of the main window work now even if the autoresize is set to never.
* Two new options for Audio -> Stereo mode: Mono and Reverse.
* The option “Move the window when the video area is dragged” is now disabled by default because it has some issues that need to be addressed.
* (Linux) The problem with mplayer2 and the -fontconfig option has been fixed (sort of).
* New translation: Malay.
* Some configuration options are changed to new defaults after installation to ease upgrade from old versions.
Homepage – http://smplayer.sourceforge.net
Size: 16.1 MB