KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms. KeePass supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithm to encrypt its password databases. Both of these ciphers are regarded as being very secure. AES e.g. became effective as a U.S. Federal government standard and is approved by the National Security Agency (NSA) for top secret information.
A password database consists of only one file that can be transferred from one computer to another easily.
KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your KeePass databases. The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML and CSV.
KeePass is portable: it can be carried on an USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in KeePass 2.30 Professional:
* When opening a database via an URL fails, the error message dialog now has a button ‘Specify different server credentials’ (on Windows Vista and higher).
* Added support for opening entry URLs with Microsoft Edge via the context menu -> ‘URL(s)’ -> ‘Open with Edge’.
* Added URL override suggestion for Microsoft Edge in the URL override suggestions drop-down list in the entry dialog.
* Added optional built-in global URL overrides for opening HTTP/HTTPS URLs with Microsoft Edge.
* When clicking on a group link in the entry view, KeePass now ensures that the group is visible in the group tree.
* The main window is now moved onto the primary screen when it is restored outside all screens.
* KDBX loader: added support for non-empty protected binary value reference elements.
* Plugins: added two auto-type sequence query events.
* Added workaround for Mono drawing bug when scrolling a rich text box.
* When running under Mono, some automatic locking options are now disabled (because Mono doesn’t implement the required events).
* The installer now prevents running the installer while it is already running.
* KPScript: added ‘-GroupPath:’ parameter (for specifying the full path of a group).
* KPScript: the ‘MoveEntry’ command now also supports the ‘-GroupName:’ parameter (as alternative to ‘-GroupPath:’).
* KPScript: added support for specifying the path of an XSL stylesheet file using the command line parameter ‘-XslFile:’.
* KPScript: the ‘ListGroups’ command now also outputs the parent group UUID for each group.
* KPScript: the parameters for specifying new field data (for the ‘AddEntry’ and the ‘EditEntry’ command) now support escape sequences (e.g. ‘\n’ is replaced by a new-line character).
* The ‘Synchronize’ file dialog now shows only KDBX files by default.
* In the ‘Attachments (Count)’ column, only non-zero counts are shown now.
* Improved MRU item refreshes.
* The entry string dialog now supports changing the case of a string name.
* The entry string dialog now does not allow adding a string whose name differs from another existing string name in this entry only by case.
* The entry view in the main window is now updated immediately after pressing Ctrl+H or Ctrl+J.
* The KDB import module now tries to round any invalid date/time to the nearest valid date/time.
* XML serializers are now loaded/created at KeePass startup in order to avoid a problem when shutting down Windows and KeePass.XmlSerializers.dll not being present.
* Changed tab bar behavior in the options dialog to avoid a tab content cropping issue caused by plugins.
* Improved workaround for Mono splitter bug.
* Upgraded installer.
* Various performance improvements.
* Various code optimizations.
* Minor other improvements.
Homepage – http://keepass.info
Size: 2.91 MB