PDFCreator is a straight forward tool that allows you to create a PDF file from any Windows program. With PDFCreator you can create Adobe Acrobat files, also known as Portable Document Format (PDF) files on Windows PC. PDFCreator is a printer driver; it transforms the generic printer commands generated by programs into PDF commands and stores them in a PDF file. The result is that you can now create PDF files from almost all programs that can print. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application. The program installs as a virtual printer driver. To create your PDF file, simply open the source document, choose Print in your application, and point it at the PDFCreator printer. Click Save, specify a file name and folder, click Save again, and that’s it – in just a second or two you’ll have a PDF version of your file.
PDFCreator provides separate controls for colour, greyscale and monochrome images, and each let you define details like the precise JPEG compression factor involved, optional resampling method and resolution. If you need more control then you can optionally enter a title, author, subject or keywords for the document, and all these will be visible to readers via their PDF viewer. You’re able to configure exactly how images will be compressed in your PDF files, for instance.
Other options allow you to decide how and when fonts will be embedded in your file, and the colour model you want to support. Security features include the ability to encrypt your file, password-protect it, or add restrictions (you can prevent the document being printed, or modified, for instance). And it’s even possible to sign your PDF file with a digital certificate, although PDF Creator won’t help you create this: you’ll have to source one for yourself.
• Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
• Send generated files via eMail
• Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
• AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
• Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
• Create PDF/A files for long term archives
• Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
• Merge multiple files into one PDF
• Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
• Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
• PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
Homepage – http://www.pdfforge.org
Size: 16.7 MB