nVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver 197.45 WHQL for Windows 7, Vista
nVIDIA GeForce/ION software unleashes the full power and features in nVIDIA’s desktop, gaming, platform, workstation, laptop, multimedia, and mobile products. Delivering a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications, ForceWare software ensures the best experience with your nVIDIA hardware.
• Incredible 3D and video performance for all of your applications.
• Rock-solid system stability, greater compatibility, and reliability with nVIDIA® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA).
• Industry-leading features for graphics, audio, video, communications, storage, and security.
• Robust product support for over ten unique operating systems.
• Continual product performance and feature updates for the life of your nVIDIA hardware.
NVIDIA has released the following WHQL certified drivers for use with Windows Vista RTM that will enable you to test the basic features and capabilities of the new operating system. NVIDIA is committed to supporting Microsoft Windows Vista on current and previous GPU generations. It’s important to us that you have an excellent experience through the Vista transition, and driver development is the highest priority in our company.
This is a WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
New in Version 197.45:
* Recommended for the best performance with the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Adds support for the new version of MotionDSP’s video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Fixes a video playback issue in Media Player Classic.
Existing Support in Release 197 Drivers:
* Supports Next Generation ION .
* Supports GeForce GT 320 , GeForce GT 330 , and GeForce GT 340 .
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 188.8.131.52 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
* Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
* Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here .
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here .
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 ( Open Computing Language ) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here .
* Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software .
GeForce 300 series: GT 320, GT 330, GT 340
GeForce 200 series: GTS 240, GTX 260, 210, GT 240, GTX 275, GTX 295, GTS 250, GTX 280, G210, 205, GT 230, GT 220, GTX 285
GeForce 100 series: G 100, GT 120, GT 140, GT 130
GeForce 9 series: 9600 GSO, 9500 GS, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9600 GT, 9300 GE, 9200, 9500 GT, 9100, 9400 GT, 9400, 9300 GS, 9300, 9800 GT, 9600 GS, 9800 GX2
GeForce 8 series: 8800 GT, 8600 GS, 8300, 8400 GS, 8800 GTX, 8600 GTS, 8400 SE, 8500 GT, 8800 GS, 8200 / nForce 730a, 8800 Ultra, 8100 / nForce 720a, 8800 GTS, 8800 GTS 512, 8300 GS, 8600 GT, 8200, 8400
GeForce 7 series: 7300 GS, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7800 GTX, 7100 GS, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7900 GS, 7800 GS, 7800 SLI, 7900 GT/GTO, 7950 GT, 7600 LE, 7900 GTX, 7600 GS, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7600 GT, 7300 GT, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7950 GX2, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7650 GS, 7300 LE, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i
GeForce 6 series: 6800 GS/XT, 6150SE nForce 430, 6100 nForce 420, 6610 XL, 6200 TurboCache, 6200, 6800 LE, 6150 LE, 6600 GT, 6800 XT, 6800 GT, 6200 A-LE, 6150, 6100 nForce 405, 6100, 6700 XL, 6200SE TurboCache, 6100 nForce 400, 6800 XE, 6800 GS, 6500, 6800 Ultra, 6600, 6600 VE, 6800, 6250, 6200 LE, 6600 LE.
ION series: ION LE, ION