Kerio Control 8.0.1 Build 609
Kerio Control (formerly Kerio WinRoute Firewall) is an award-winning UTM firewall designed to protect businesses from a comprehensive range of invasive and crippling corporate network threats. Kerio Control’s auto-updating security layer detects and prevents emerging threats automatically while providing network administrators with flexible user policy tools, complete bandwidth management and QoS control, detailed network monitoring, and IPsec VPN connectivity for desktops, mobile devices and multiple sites. Kerio Control provides superior network protection and intelligence that is stable, secure, and above all, simple to manage. Kerio Control sets new standards in versatility, security and user access control. Designed for corporate networks, it defends against external attacks and viruses and can restrict access to websites based on their content.
Kerio Control is equipped with VPN server, optional embedded Sophos Anti-Virus, integrated customizable ISS Orange Web Filter, and user-specific Internet access management, Kerio Control provides a multi-layer architecture for protecting networks, servers and users.
Kerio Control sets new standards in versatility, security and user access control. Designed for corporate networks, it defends against external attacks and viruses and can restrict access to websites based on their content.
Kerio has added a new IDS/IPS system. It plays an instrumental role in detecting and preventing application exploits and malicious traffic. It was developed by Kerio and is based on the industry-standard Snort project. Just like our built-in Sophos gateway antivirus, the IDS/IPS gets frequent automatic updates to ensure that networks are continuously shielded from emerging threats.
Intrusion Prevention System
• Signature based backet analysis
• IP blacklisting
• Rule management
ICSA Labs Certified Firewall
• Industry accepted standard test criteria
• Corporate level criteria – enforces default security policy immediately after installation
• Secure access remote administration – all changes to security policy are logged
Application Layer and Network Firewall
• Create inbound and outbound traffic policies.
• Protect servers without the need for a DMZ through application-friendly NAT traversal.
• Perform stateful packet and protocol inspection and logging.
• Filter viruses and worms from incoming and outgoing traffic.
• Simplify deployment with integrated Sophos engine.
• Dual anti-virus ready for extra protection.
• Block access to websites with harmful or inappropriate content
• 53 different categories of web content
• Apply categorization to traffic statistics
• Unlimited site to site connections
• Mac, Windows, and Linux VPN clients
• Clientless SSL-VPN for Windows networks
New in Kerio Control 8:
• IPsec VPN server
• Site-to-site IPsec VPN tunnel
Kerio Control now includes a IPsec VPN server (in addition to the Kerio VPN server), allowing site-to-site connectivity with 3rd party VPN Firewalls. Previously, it was only possible to establish a VPN tunnel with other Kerio Control Firewalls. Site-to-site connectivity is officially supported between Kerio Control and SonicWall, Astaro, FortiGate, and Cisco ASA firewalls.
• iOS & Android mobile device connectivity
With the popularity of smartphones and tablets, it’s become increasingly important to support secure connectivity from these devices into the corporate network. With the new IPsec VPN server in Kerio Control, most mobile devices and tablets are now able to establish a secure connection using native VPN options within the mobile Operating System.
• Certificate store for easier certificate management
Security certificates are now saved in the new certificate store for easier configuration and certificate handling.
• Touch-optimized administration interface
The application menu tree has been redesigned for easier navigation on touch devices – now with support for both iOS and Android tablets. Admins will also notice increased speed and reduced load times when using the web admin interface.
Changes in Kerio Control 8.0.1 (April 2, 2013):
* Kerio Control Administration: password inputs behavior unified
* Local ID of IPsec tunnel is now editable
- Fixed: IPsec clients was disconnected after 3 hours
- Fixed: HTTP header “Referer” was incorrectly removed under specific circumstances
- Fixed: It was not possible to establish IPsec tunnel with more than 5 authorities in certificate store
- Fixed: Remote ID of IPsec tunnel was incorrectly determined if the certificate was not in certificate store
- Fixed: “Unable to check whether the VPN server’s security certificate has or has not been revoked” warning was incorrectly displayed.
Homepage – http://www.kerio.com/control/
Size: 9.09 MB