Hyena 10.0 Beta / Hyena 9.2 ‘F’
Hyena is known throughout the industry as one of the top Windows management utilities. Using the built-in Windows administration tools to manage a medium to large Windows 200x network or Active Directory environment can be a challenge. Add multiple domains, hundreds or thousands of servers, workstations, and users, and before you know it, things can get out of hand. Hyena is designed to both simplify and centralize nearly all of the day-to-day management tasks, while providing new capabilities for system administration. This functionality is provided in a single, centralized, easy to use product. Used today by tens of thousands of system administrators worldwide, Hyena is the one tool that every administrator cannot afford to be without. Hyena uses an Explorer-style interface for all operations, including right mouse click pop-up context menus for all objects. Management of users, groups (both local and global), shares, domains, computers, services, devices, events, files, printers and print jobs, sessions, open files, disk space, user rights, messaging, exporting, job scheduling, processes, and printing are all supported.
Hyena also includes full exporting capabilities and both Microsoft Access and Excel reporting and exporting options. All of these features are part of the Standard Edition of Hyena.
The Enterprise Edition adds support for:
• Terminal Server user properties and session administration.
• Exchange 2000/2003/2007*/2010 Server mailbox integration and properties management.
• WMI integration.
• View your entire Windows or Active Directory network from one easy to use Explorer-style interface and make management a snap!
• Audit your system configuration and quickly find security holes that need to be plugged.
• Quickly generate reports for meetings or to use for further research to determine problem spots.
• Change passwords for local administration accounts on multiple computers at once.
• Find out which services are running and quickly show startup information; make changes to those services on all computers at once!
• Go beyond the limits of Microsoft’s MMC and help you manage Windows 200x and Active Directory quickly and easily.
• Control popular remote control programs, including VNC, with one utility.
New Features in Hyena v9.2:
* Customizable Group Member DisplaysCustomizable Group Member Displays
The group membership displays can now be customized, much like any other Active Directory query. Group member queries are accessible under File > Manage Object View > AD Queries. The group membership display can be modified for direct group member listings, indirect group member listings, as well as listing the current members of dynamic groups.
* Exchange 2010 Changes
Added capability to specify the domain controller to be used on Exchange 2010 functions. This feature uses the -domaincontroller PowerShell option to explicitly force the command to be executed on a particular domain controller. To set a particular domain controller for a domain, modify the Exchange 2010 domain template (Tools > Settings > Exchange 2010), and include the optional domain controller in the domain template.
Usage of this capability should be limited to those instances where Active Directory (Powershell) is unable to resolve an account name. This usually happens because the server the command is being executed on is in a child domain, causing PowerShell to be unable to lookup the account on the server where the command is being executed.
* Viewing Open Files Changes
The “Open Files’ menu option is now available on the context menus (either left or right window) for share objects. When viewing the open files on a share, Hyena will show all open files in the directory that is being shared. A new column showing the path (if any) that is being used as a base for the open file listing has also been added.
- Fixed sorting of results from “View Deleted Objects” function.
- Fixed problem with viewing event details on events that are forwarded from another computer using Microsoft’s new Forwarded Events feature in newer EVTX/Crimson event logs.
- Fixed problem on non-English versions with incorrect time offset being displayed on filtered events.
- Fixed problem with Exchange 2010 settings being reset under certain conditions.
Homepage – http://www.systemtools.com
Size: 8.67 MB