Hardwipe is the File Wiper & Drive Cleaner. This data sanitization utility is designed to permanently erase, or to “hard wipe”, data on disk and portable storage media to prevent personal and sensitive business information from being recovered later. It can wipe entire drives, wipe files individually, and sanitize unused drive space. You can either run Hardwipe as a standalone application from the Windwos Start Menu, you can use it from within Windows Explorer by right-clicking on file system items and selecting the appropriate Hardwipe menu command. Hardwipe supports a range of data sanitization schemes in use common use throughout government agencies around the world. Hardwipe does not contain spyware or malware. It will not populate your desktop with pop-up ads and can be uninstalled easily.
Hardwipe lets you do the following:
• Easily wipe entire drives and portable devices.
• Wipe individual files or clean empty drive space of remanent data.
• Right-click within Windows Explorer for Hardwipe commands.
Features also include:
• Efficient — Hardwipe is fast in comparison other data wiping software.
• Intelligent use of disk cache allows your computer to remain responsive during lengthy disk operations.
• Automatic computer shutdown when wiping is complete.
• Supports all major data wiping schemes, including: GOST R 50739-95, DOD 5220.22-M, Schneier & Gutmann.
Planned short-term features also include:
• Wiping of the contents of the Recycle Bin.
• Ability to clear the computer swap-file.
Supported Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Changes in Hardwipe 2.1.0:
* New “Portable Edition” created.
* User is now able to install and update “language packs” themselves.
* The previously “embedded” Spanish & French languages are now available as separate language packs.
* Advertising added to main application window.
* The large “speed control buttons” have been removed and replaced with a smaller drop-down box.
* The application now closes by default after wiping a file from within Explorer. This behavior is configurable.
* Added update reminder feature.
* QT libraries updated to latest version.
* Other minor user interface updates.
* Bug Fix: Clean free space failed with very large FAT32 formatted drives.
* Bug Fix: Orphaned windows shutcuts were not listed in the built-in file dialog.
Homepage – http://www.hardwipe.com
Size: 5.70 MB