Foxit Reader 3.3.1 Build 0518
Foxit Reader is the only eligible alternative reader/viewer for PDF files (eBooks). It’s free, smaller, faster, and cleaner. And it starts up immediately, so you don’t need to wait the annoying “Welcome” screen to disappear. Foxit PDF Reader is extremely easy to use, just double click it to start and then click open button to open your PDF document. If you want to print, click on “Print” button. If you want to setup the page layout for printing, select “Print Setup” from “File” menu. Foxit Reader supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7. Unlike Adobe® Reader, this one has size about than 2.5 MB, needs no installation and opens up immediately. You don’t need to go throught lengthy installation process to start using Foxit PDF Reader, just UNZIP the downloaded “pdfrd.zip” package into any place you want, then run PDFReader.exe. You can set Foxit PDF Reader as your default PDF reader, so you can double click on PDF files to open them within Foxit PDF Reader.
The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader:
• Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 2.5 MB which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 MB size.
• Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
• Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
• Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
• High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users’ permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
Foxit Reader Pro is the professional version of Foxit Reader, the popular free PDF reader.
Foxit Reader Pro supports all features provided in Foxit Reader, and includes the following functions:
* Text viewer and text converter
* Form filler
* Spell checker
* Advanced editing tools, including loupe tool, measure tools, image tool, file attachment tool, link tools, annotation selection tool, and more
Actually without Pro Pack, you are still able to annotate a PDF document and print it out. However when you save the annotated document, it will be stamped with an evaluation mark on the top-right corner of the annotated pages. If you purchase a Pro Pack add-on, then there will be no evaluation mark.
What’s New in Foxit Reader 3.3.1:
* Security Enhancement. The New Foxit Reader has implemented a new screening process which protects end users from misleading messages embedded within the parameters of a pop-up dialog box. A pop-up dialog contains an area which is reserved for a message that is generated by the rendered PDF. Due to Foxit’s concern that this message may mislead users to take an unadvisable action, Foxit Reader will no longer display the content of the message and removes any parameters within the Pop-up message that can be manipulated by the PDF.
Homepage – http://www.foxitsoftware.com
Size: 6.68 MB