Folder Guard 188.8.131.525
Folder Guard is a powerful computer security program that you can use to control access to files, folders, and other Windows resources, such as Control Panel, Start Menu, and so on. You can use Folder Guard to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, to stop other users from peeking into your records. You can even completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password. You can also protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction, disable access to the removable drives, restrict access to Control Panel, and more. You can protect with password virtually any folder or file, allowing only authorized users to open the protected files or folders. You can protect an unlimited number of files and folders, each with its own password, or you can use the Master Password of Folder Guard to unprotect them all at once.
What you can do with Folder Guard:
• Hide folders from prying eyes
• Hide files without encrypting them
• Lock files and folders with passwords
• Use Quick Start Wizard of Folder Guard
• Restrict access to Control Panel and other resources
• Set up user-specific restrictions
• Prevent users from installing unauthorized programs
• Prevent users from running programs from the removable disks
• Restrict downloading programs from the Internet with Internet Explorer
• and more
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit).
Changes in Folder Guard 9.0 (April 20, 2013):
* The user interface has been updated, that will hopefully make Folder Guard even easier to use than before.
* The Permissions command has been removed. If you used on this command in the previous version, you may want to use the Group Policy and Local Security Policy commands of Windows instead.
* The Trusted Programs list now uses the full path to the program’s file to determine whether it should be trusted. With this change, if you have added a custom trusted program to the list in the previous version, you will need to add it again, using its full path.
* The protection of the folders on the mapped network drives is no longer offered. If you relied on this feature in the previous version of Folder Guard, you may want to use the built-in network security of Windows to control access to the network drives.
* Folder Guard now automatically handles the proper access to the desktop.ini files of the protected folders, to preserve the custom icons and other customizations of the folders, if any.
* Folder Guard no longer supports the pre-Windows XP versions of Windows (such as Windows 2000 and earlier).
* In order to use the filters of Folder Guard, you must now purchase a full (business) license. If you purchase a personal/home use license only, the filters will have no effect.
* Many other improvements and corrections have been made.
Homepage – http://www.winability.com/folderguard/
Size: 2.89 MB