ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.97.8
ClamWin Free Antivirus is a Open Source Antivirus software for Windows, using the well-respected ClamAV scanning engine. It includes virus scanner, scheduler, virus database updates, context menu integration to MS Windows Explorer and Add-in to MS Outlook. Also itfeatures easy setup program with command line interface for scanning files, updating the virus definitions, and a daemon for faster scanning needed on high performance systems. ClamWin Free Antivirus is used by more than 600,000 users worldwide on a daily basis. You may download and use it absolutely free of charge. Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware. ClamWin Free Antivirus is designed for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP, Me, 2000, 98 and Windows Server 2008 and 2003.
ClamWin Free Antivirus features:
• High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
• Automatic downloads of Virus Database updates. ClamAV team regularly updates Virus Databases to include a new virus/variant immediately after it appears;
• Standalone Virus Scanner;
• Right-Click Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
• Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically. Built-in support for mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
• Built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
• Built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, and Petite.
Changes in Version 0.97.8:
* This maintenance release updates ClamAV scanning engine and patches more security vulnerabilities.
Homepage – http://www.clamwin.com
Size: 3.65 MB