Auslogics Disk Defrag Free 18.104.22.168
Auslogics Disk Defrag is a vital maintenance tool that will improve your PC’s performance by defragmenting and re-arranging files on your disk. This software was designed to remedy system sluggishness and crashes caused by disk fragmentation. Auslogics Disk Defrag is extremely simple to use, does not require any analysis phase and is faster than most of the other disk defragmentation software. It will help you get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. Places system files to the faster part of the disk, minimizing the time needed for the hard drive to access them. Merges scattered pieces of free space into a contiguous block, preventing fragmentation of newly created files. Shows you the list of all fragmented files and their clusters location on the disk after performing disk analysis. Minimizes growth of the VSS storage area and reduces the chance of overwriting previous VSS snapshots. Can be set to start defragmentation automatically when computer has been idle for 15 minutes.
Auslogics Disk Defrag® is designed for fast optimization of today’s modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. Can save your time by defragmenting only necessary files, instead of defragmenting an entire hard drive. It works on Windows Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit).
Auslogics Disk Defrag is not just a defragmenter any more, but a fully featured disk optimizer. And with all the advanced techniques of disk optimization it has, Disk Defrag 3 remains extremely compact and even easier to use!
• Free space consolidation. Free space on a disk is often split into many small gaps between files. Windows fills these gaps with newly created or extended files. The more fragmented the free space is, the more fragmented new files will be. Disk Defrag merges free space into a large contiguous block. This technology dramatically slows further files fragmentation and speeds up disk access.
• System files smart placement. Commonly used by Windows, system files may be scattered all over the disk and intermixed with data files. Disk Defrag 3 arranges system files by defragmenting and moving them to the faster part of the disk. This minimizes the time needed for HDD to access system files improving overall computer performance.
• Keeping the MFT Reserved Zone Clear. Normally, NTFS file system reserves about 12.5% of the disk volume for the MFT records (a place where information about every file and directory is stored). However, when the rest of the disk space is getting low, the MFT Reserved Zone will be used for storing regular files. This may lead to MFT fragmentation.
Disk Defrag 3 replaces regular files from the MFT Reserved Zone into the rest of the disk space, allowing NTFS to allocate contiguous space for the MFT records and thus to prevent its fragmentation.
• Enhanced user interface. A redesigned user interface makes navigation through Disk Defrag 3 more intuitive than ever before. It can be integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu and minimized to system tray on close. Use its many new customization settings to simplify defragmentation process.
• List of fragmented files. Disk Defrag 3 lists all the fragmented files after performing disk analysis. Selecting any file from the list will highlight its clusters location on a fragmentation map. You can find the most fragmented files and their paths by sorting the list. Right-click on any file directly in the list to defragment it.
More Advanced Features
• Auto-defrag mode. With its auto-defragmentation feature, Disk Defrag acts in real time, while your system is idle. Since Disk Defrag 3 is very compact and requires few system resources, it can easily defragment your hard drives in the background and you will not even notice its activity. Just set Disk Defrag 3 to run automatically and you’ll forget about disks fragmentation shortly.
• Single file or folder defragmentation. It is sometimes reasonable to defragment either one or several individual files instead of defragmenting an entire drive. Disk Defrag can save your time by defragmenting only those files that you’ve selected.
• Scheduled defragmentation. Running Disk Defrag on a regular basis ensures your disks stay defragmented. Use a wide range of its scheduler options to set the most suitable time span for disks defragmentation.
• Multiple Languages. We are very grateful to the users who helped us in translating Disk Defrag into their native languages! Thanks to them, Disk Defrag is available in English, German, Dutch, Japanese and Russian. If you like our software, you can make your own contribution to developing Disk Defrag by translating it into your native language. All you need is to know English well. You don’t even need any specialized knowledge in software development. It is very simple – just download this zip file, unpack it and follow the instructions included. We appreciate your help in developing Disk Defrag!
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag Free 22.214.171.124 (19/01/2013):
* fixed several bugs
* corrected errors in language files
Size: 7.50 MB
Categories: Uncategorized | Recieve comments updates: RSS 2.0