avast Internet Security 2015 provides complete antivirus, anti-spyware, antispam, and firewall protection, complemented now by new avast! SafeZone technology. It creates an isolated virtual desktop, invisible to any possible attacker, where you can do your online shopping and banking securely. avast! SafeZone opens a new (clean) desktop so that other programs don’t see what’s happening – and it leaves no history once it’s closed. The avast! award-winning and certified antivirus engine and shields stop even previously unknown threats – for peace of mind when you chat or spend time on Facebook, Twitter, or other websites. The avast! silent firewall stops hackers and other unauthorized entry attempts to your PC, to keep your data where it belongs – safe and sound.
avast Internet Security’s antispam feature blocks both spam and sophisticated “phishing” attempts, to keep you from clicking “harmless” links that really can cause damage. avast! has been proven again for its great scanning speed. Anti-Malware Test Labs tested 16 antiviruses and avast! received the highest honor, the Platinum Performance Award. Accelerate your PC with avast!
• Engine: Blocks viruses and spyware
• Cloud: Gives file reputation warnings
• Cloud: Streams real-time updates
• Remote: Allows assistance from a geek friend
• SafeZone: Secures shopping & banking
• Sandbox: Lets you surf the web virtually
• Sandbox: Runs risky programs virtually
Hybrid Cloud Technologies:
• Streaming, real-time virus database updates
• File reputation system
• Browser Sandboxing
• avast! Account portal
• Remote Assistance
• Easy-to-use user interface
• Customizable installation
• Now even faster AND less resource-hungry
• Windows 8.1 compatible
• Antivirus and anti-spyware engine
• Real-time anti-rootkit protection
• Silent Firewall
• avast! WebRep
• avast! CommunityIQ
• Boot-time scanner
• avast! SafeZone
• avast! Sandbox
• Intelligent Scanner
• Silent/Gaming Mode
• Green computing
avast! Real-time Shields – a team of 24/7 guards:
• File System Shield
• Mail Shield
• Web Shield
• P2P Shield/IM Shield
• Network Shield
• Script Shield
• Behavior Shield
• 64-bit support
• Heuristics engine
• Code emulator
• Automatic processing
• Smart virus definition updates
• Fast application of updates
• Multi-threaded scanning optimization
• Wake-up/Scheduled scanning
Works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/ 8.1, Windows 10 (32 bit, 64 bit).
New in avast Internet Security 2015:
• HTTPS scanning. Now, we are able to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in our Web-content filtering component. We are using our own generated certificates that are added into the Root Certificate store in Windows and also into major browsers. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic. You can tune/disable this feature in the settings section.
• Home Network Security. Scan your home network for vulnerabilities (wifi status, connected devices, router settings, factory passwords, etc.). This is quite a new approach as we are trying to discover potential problems not isolated on the particular device only, but in the entire network of devices you use or connect to the Internet from.
• SecureDNS (this feature is active in the paid versions only). We are introducing a new provider which guards against unprotected DNS/DNS hijack on a router/client (including unsecured networks, public ones, etc.).
• Smart Scan. Integrated all on demand scans into one (Antivirus, Software updates, Home Network, GrimeFighter). One scan, different results and recommendations.
• New Support System. Easy contact for paid users to submit a ticket with all info included automatically. Improved knowledge base for free users. Help is completely online and is more up to date.
• General bugfixing. This covers a lot of stability and performance changes in all components (but the main focus was traditionally on the network and engine components).
• GrimeFighter Free. GrimeFighter will offer free cleaning of junk files and tuning of system settings. These tasks are performed by our Zilch and Torque minions. Other minion functions remain as paid-for features.
• AVAST NG. A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. The technology will also eventually power the Sandbox and SafeZone components (although it does not now).
Changes in avast Internet Security 2015 R4 Beta 1:
* Better server selection list in SecureLine
* Fixed: Cleanup to stucked on 99%
* Fixed: Problems with HTTPS certificates in Firefox after upgrade to Windows 10
* Fixed: Firewall not started after upgrade to Windows 10
* Fixed: Cleanup to report leftover files, when software was just updated and not uninstalled (e.g. Skype, Java)
Homepage – http://www.avast.com
Size: 204 MB